Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:41:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2X Cancelled  (Read 4195 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:40:30 AM

Any speculations on the price? Price was climbing towards $7500 and suddenly dropped to $7000. So is it going to drop more or gonna increase to 8000k?

Well the price has certainly dipped, now at $7164. I think it may keep going down for a bit, but it won't go too down. Maybe to $6500.

It's just a temporary dip. Many of the ETH and XRP holders had converted their holdings to BTC earlier, in order to participate in the B2X airdrop. Now the airdrop is cancelled and the money is flowing back to the altcoins. But it is just temporary. The alts (perhaps with the exception of LTC and BCH) don't have any future. They will resume their decline after a few days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:43:46 AM

This is magnificent thing that segwit2x cancelled because B2X is designed for both large block and scalability, we can use large block for BCH, and segwit for BTC, why we need B2X?
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:25:57 PM

The segwit2x is cancelled but the price of bitcoin is still on the top and i think that the effect of cancellation is good for bitcoin and i think that the rally for the price of bitcoin is ready for another bull run and this time we need to be ready for the price to reach from 8,000 - 9,000 USD before this year ends because that is a very easy goal to reach if we will base it on the happenings right now.
La Vega

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:38:05 PM

it is strange that now when Segwit2x is cancelled price of bitcoin is still holding on, or it is just matter of time when it will sink back at 6000 or so?
something strange any suggestions
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:53:52 PM

it is strange that now when Segwit2x is cancelled price of bitcoin is still holding on, or it is just matter of time when it will sink back at 6000 or so?

I think nobody can predict this for sure. Some people might think that the price will dip back now, or after the fork (if it happened as should) but the market often teaches you the direct opposit of what you were thinking. Some people also may think that the price will surge further. Nobody knows. I go by: the market is completely unpredictable (even more in crypto).
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:24:33 PM

Bitcoin price may not drop immediately, remember China bad news? It took some time before the drop down, in this situation is up to the majority of investors what they decide, if the sell BTC and start buying alt coins/tokens - other crypto value will increase and thats what it looks like, my portofilio value rose 24.5% in  24h (alts) time will tell, no one can predict but it looks like Bitcoin value will drop to 6800 more likely.
Bestcoin-fan

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:25:09 PM

This is the sexiest news I/we had all been waiting for since the drama emerged for 2x. I believe they won't stop here and will come back in the future and you may call it "postponed" instead of "canceled", but this shows that Bitcoin wins the miners' hearts as well as investors' confidence and the index levels are enough to prove that. RIP S2X, let us begin our journey to 10k (but after a possible correction of 500 - 1500 USD down). Wink

Continued price increase means lots of people still haven't gotten this news. WTH ... no free coins, oh damn what to do, should i stay or go .... the slightest dip now will send BTC tumbling

How ugly you people are to say "no free coins". You don't want something better for Bitcoins?
S2X called off as they were unable to gain trust, do you believe those coins would have been worth anything more than dust?
The consensus remained under 30% which shows that nobody was interested in these "free coins" whatsoever. S2X was just going to ruin everything by trying to move the markets as well as technology where they wanted to.

This is the best news of the month. I've heard rumors here and there and I didn't believe them since the pools still signal NYA.
I really hope this is for real and for good. I was so scared the miners will do something this stupid now (when Wall Street drags Bitcoin upwards in an accelerated manner) and we'll lose some more years to recover.

Well said.

Crazy 2xers tried to forcibly seize the Bitcoin actually, and they could have just destroyed it finally, turning it into the same centralized, unsteady, unstable, amorphous nonsense like the Vitalik's ethereum.

Donate BTC: 1EeAXetny8pdoAZ4gyhDwnoMUxoTNGyKSz
gee777

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 03:46:39 PM

wow..thats bad, very bad this only means pump in altcoins
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:56:01 PM

Any speculations on the price? Price was climbing towards $7500 and suddenly dropped to $7000. So is it going to drop more or gonna increase to 8000k?

Well the price has certainly dipped, now at $7164. I think it may keep going down for a bit, but it won't go too down. Maybe to $6500.
Even though the opinion of many people here are split about the cancellation of Segwit2x I think the price speaks for itself as it is now 7167$, I think that the latest price surge was in participation of the suppose to be upcoming fork but looking at it in the long run it is better to be in doubt now as their are many uncertainties if Segwit2X ever pushed through. I just hope that the prices will recover soon.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:04:29 PM

wow..thats bad, very bad this only means pump in altcoins

nothing about this is bad and it definitely doesn't mean pump in altcoins. i am sorry if you invested in some altcoin and want to to pump now, but there is a better chance of altcoins getting dumped now that bitcoin does not have the risk of being split because of Segwit2x!

and it was a mature move in my opinion. although there is some speculation that this was the plan all along but if we assume that is wrong, then it was a mature move to postpone the hard fork until it gets a high support and has no risk of dividing anything.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Domenc

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:04:44 PM

This news quite made my day . I was earlier a bit frightened from  upcoming Segwit2x  . As it was speculated to highly shake and dip the bitcoin market .
Since this news broke the price of bitcoin is highly fluctuating and there is still no idea where it is going to settle .
This might turn out to b a turning point for bitcoin where it may really touch the $10k mark .   The issue to worry about here is that due to this the stability of bitcoin will not be achieved which is the need of the hour.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:36:18 PM

After 6 months of drama and 2x is called off just few days before the fork? I do hope BTC price will recover and stable soon.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

bunglor

Activity: 648
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:46:49 PM

I also do so, but hopefully this all has a good impact on bitcoin prices, I have not understood how far and how the impact of segwit2x, but my belief that this will be fruitful and will not disappoint. struggling together to achieve the solution for bitcoin. Grin Grin Grin
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 04:53:47 PM

Thats not a good thing, thats really terrible for people who purchased bitcoin at high price, I am sure in few hours bitcoin will be dumped and alts will rise. I am not aganist alt rising price but seriously why they cancelled the segwit2x just before a week?

And the alts are indeed rising!!!!

cryptoroom

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:58:21 PM

I think this is great news! Bitcoin does not fall and altcoins grow! Cheesy
ThriveLabs

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:00:38 PM

Bitcoin retrace? it is time to go long or to go out?
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:17:58 PM

Is this for real? After all this drama they pulled out with just over a week to go?

I wonder what made them change their minds, and I wonder what the implications are

I am also interested in finding out what caused this decision.

IMO they just got ball big in BCH and they were bying it cheap to crete drama 2x. they want caital flow into BCH but looks like people are pumping more BTC than BCH and they gave up.
I am disaponted becouse they created such drama such shitshow and now they give up.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Bestcoin-fan

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:13:54 PM

I'd suggest long, but it's up to you of course

Donate BTC: 1EeAXetny8pdoAZ4gyhDwnoMUxoTNGyKSz
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:21:18 PM

It's time for a small correction, so wait and see the rebound and get in once it stops somewhere near 6500 (that's what I am seeing on the charts in the next 3-5 days) after which it will skyrocket and consolidate towards a new ATH which will be possibly near 10k. I believe we are in the middle of a big historic decision yet as S2X was just a fake part, but the real one will make it hit to our expected levels.
La Vega

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:33:59 AM

Hi people! do we know now when the delayed fork will take place, on which block, or around what date?!
Tnx!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: