Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:12:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Honey - The Ultimate (Delicious) Store of Value  (Read 1986 times)
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 09:45:18 PM

No worries.  Thank you for following up on that.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:35:25 PM

The honey arrived today.  There was some shipping damage, which the post man was not too happy about.
I've sent you PM.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 05:15:43 PM

mmm I love honey, and I agree it is a good store of value.. but does Honey go bad over time or get better?

I'd heard somewhere about some honey found in an Egyptian tomb that was still edible. A couple minutes with Google turned up this:

http://thebeejournal.blogspot.com/2010/02/ancient-egypt-and-honey-bees.html

The Egyptian Pharohs put all that they valued into their tombs and they valued honey. Honey combs were found thousands of years later inside these Egyptian tombs.

These sealed honeycombs were found to have still edible honey inside them. The honey had not gone bad. Because honey doesn't go bad.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:05:16 AM

mmm I love honey, and I agree it is a good store of value.. but does Honey go bad over time or get better?

I'd heard somewhere about some honey found in an Egyptian tomb that was still edible. A couple minutes with Google turned up this:

http://thebeejournal.blogspot.com/2010/02/ancient-egypt-and-honey-bees.html

The Egyptian Pharohs put all that they valued into their tombs and they valued honey. Honey combs were found thousands of years later inside these Egyptian tombs.

These sealed honeycombs were found to have still edible honey inside them. The honey had not gone bad. Because honey doesn't go bad.
That's the urban legend. I'm skeptical, but it's definitely the kind of story that inspires me!

The honey arrived today.  There was some shipping damage, which the post man was not too happy about.
I've sent you PM.
Well, that's an awful shame. I'll be in touch with the apiarists - hopefully we can beef up the packaging and prevent this kind of thing in the future, and I'll see what's feasible to make it up to you.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:30:46 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2013, 04:31:20 PM by CanaryInTheMine

Excellent.  More beekeepers using bitcoins!
I would like a gallon of the Orange Blossom Honey.  
I was out in Florida several times a few years ago working on a bee project and picked up a bunch of honey then.  I'm all out of it and it has a much different taste than out here in the Intermountain West.
We will make a batch of honey caramels with some of it for bitcoiners only.
Sending you a PM.
I'll post a pic tomorrow of what in my back yard  Grin
I apoligize for not posting this at the time initially intended... Got too busy with too many things all at once...
Anyway, check out my small apiary (behive farm):

and a pic of 1 out of the 4 gallons of local honey collected in mid-June:

Linden tree honey harvest is next, probably in another week it will be ready to harvest.  Grin
Veldt Gold

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:55:51 AM

Yummy!!! Received my order today. What a delicious deal!

VELDT GOLD - your full service bitcoin to bullion dealer!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: