Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:06:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2X NOT Cancelled, the HF might still on  (Read 1582 times)
hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:18:46 AM

2x continues, bitcoin prices will be more volatile, but feeling the ultimate profit is likely to be altcoin.
 Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:28:27 AM

Grin My gosh it reminds me those AI playing "game theory" games.. and we are just merely reptilians brain type sensor observing trying to understand what is going on that plank time scale ...   

Patent1number: ****-****
margana

Activity: 153
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:36:28 AM

I think that this might be a trick to force exchanges into handing out 2x stake coins, in a motion to give out a financial incentive for the release of a 2x coin. Under current standards, and after watching the releae of bitcoin gold be pushed further away than the developer's own set deadline... Perhaps they think it'd be accepted.

Bitcoin gold announced it'd be released later with a premine too, perhaps the people still in support of 2x are looking tot est market interest before a full scale release.

Bitcoin gold is happening in 8 hours: https://bitcoingold.org/#countdown
Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:15:47 PM

It looks like the miners backed down... Thank you Lauwd, we certainly do not need another chain split. I am glad they came to their senses. Now all I am hoping for is that everybody moves on with chain they want. There has been way too much fighting in the community.
BTCappu

Activity: 516
Merit: 38

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:55:16 AM

Was this fork really ever on the cards or was it simply a marketing ploy designed to pump the price?
Surely for the pump of prices because in past fork attract people to buy more and more and this time will also be same as past people will get benefit from this fork and will invest in this coin ad prices at the end of November will surely cross the value of 8k and there are a lot of people who are waiting for the fork and as by seeing the popularity of bitcoin I think fork will occur for only 2 to 3hours and prices will go up.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:02:06 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 11:20:37 AM by jacobmayes94

I already commented this in the altcoin shitcoin SHT section:

I think we need to fork the bitcoin blockchain again called BTS (Bitcoin Shit). The first on Bitcointalk to think of Bitcoin Shit (BTS) inspired by SHT. Should be the SHT devs who get onto this, and make the best bitcoin fork on earth, that will promise the earth, and deliver shit. I see a new trend of 'alts' coming, which will be a fork of the original BTC blockchain and promise to be the new bitcoin. Lets just do unlimited size blocks, segwit 2x, AND equihash algorithm for fine asic resistance while we are at it. Add in a starting difficulty of '0' so everyone can get in there. Everything these 'forks' will promise yet screw up on.

We need to jump the Bitcoin Fork Crapcoin train. Imagine that? I can see 'forks' like BTG becoming more common, i can almost feel it now. CrapCoins have sunk to a new low, so we need to get in there! FREE COINS! YEAHHHH! I mean a PREMINE of BTG? Seriously?

I love how SHT has never died. I still have billions somewhere... Plus the block reward seems to go back up, messing with numbers.  The endless stream of crapcoins grows faster than the worlds shit piles, but now they wish to take a shit on BTC too... Lets at least do it and be honest here...

I couldn't resist posting this.

I see a new trend of alts, and felt yet again that the dev of Shitcoin (SHT) had a great point making his coin, as i see a new trend of altcoins is coming.

I cannot deny Bitcoin NEEDs to have a fork which SCALES properly, but this needs to be done by competent people, not someone turning BTC into a crapcoin.

This endless high of transaction fees and difficulty getting funds to confirm needs to be dealt with. Many friends i was convincing of BTC now are no longer interested after this, and said if they must use digital cash, they would prefer Litecoin. Even I cannot deny it and am switching to Litecoin, and using BTC for long term storage. Even I cannot simply deny that its now unusable for £10 a week worth of article writing I do per client, with a £10 fee on top. Its ridiculous, and ludicrous and the last hardfork that was done really screwed up, there was a chance, a chance to get this right, and not only did it fail, it failed so badly that I am astonished. Price may be high, but thats not the only marker of a good currency, id rather it be stable and deflate than jumping all over the place.

But making endless BT(X) forks is useless and merely someone trying to cash in. A premine? Seriously?

But you will get people trying to invest and 'trade' these coins, just to make a profit, fueling the fire.

I say make a coin called Bitcoin Shit (BTS) to knock out all these forks before they happen, we need ONE serious hard fork, that will fix these slow transaction, and do it well, not just listening to a forum community and traders, but actual users of the coin, changing the consensus rules is a PITA in itself, we really had a chance this year to solve this problem Sad I am mining with GPUs on nicehash, and im wondering how much of my £60 mining profit is going to vanish for the miner fee as well. It just not sustainable, long term, and as more people use it, it just won't work in its current state. There isn't enough 'lanes' in this road, simply isn't enough. When I get paid out, i might just mine equihash directly and simply trade it for some Litecoin, as I need a digital currency thats usable for my business model. Stability is more important than me, or a gradual deflating, not this wild ride.

This is the unbiased part of me speaking, i can no longer defend this, after the SegWit fork I really had confidence this would be sorted, and im astounded as to the incompetence and greed I have seen over this whole thing, and these forks like BTG, that people ACTUALLY MINE in great numbers. Meanwhile, people who USE it for a currency, are sat for days waiting to get paid, or pay a high fee, i have paid £100 in miner fees worth, this month which has finalised my switch to Litecoin and NEM until this is dealt with.

BTC
LTC
NEM
ETH
ZCash
Monero
UNO
PPCoin (POS)

theres a few more, but these are the main ones that actually bought something new to the table that is usable, although a few of these may have scaling issues in the future. NEM is having a fork to upgrade TX capacity to 4000/sec, now we are talking. I don't even want to switch to BCH as i sense something is very up with it, i just feel its going to be a very manipulated market, more so than others.
invitro

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:44:12 AM

The S2X fork coming up today is a scam.

Be aware
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:52:15 AM

The S2X fork coming up today is a scam.

Be aware

why did you bump this old topic to say this?

these 3 (yes 3) have nothing to do with each other Cheesy
first one is the real SegWit2x  which had Jeff Garzik and the huge miner support which was canceled because it had no community support.

the second one which OP quoted is a cry of some sore loser who bought the S2X futures IOU tokens and lost a lot of money because it got dumped right after the cancellation. they lied about wanting to continue the project to be able to cash out with less loss.

this current one is a shitcoin which decided to steal the name of the project while having nothing in common with the original project and then add 6 million premine to it!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
ctyptoinvader

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:52:30 AM

Segwit2X will today, according to new team. They provide really interesting range of advantages.
invitro

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:49:56 PM

Segwit2X will today, according to new team. They provide really interesting range of advantages.

Such as?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: