Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2018, 03:02:14 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Pool Skimming Your Hashes? How do you prove it?  (Read 21 times)
JChemist

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:16:53 AM

Is there an easy way to track down if my perception is real?
I noticed over several months whenever there is pool glitch, my miner all of sudden is mining another coin.  Of course, I never get those other coins as the accounts do not match.
The site is https://miningpower.net/

This is my recurring observation for this mining pool -- my hash rate decrease on coin shows up on another coin.  My account shows coins I never intended to mine and later the account is cleaned up.   I have used many mining pools and this is the only pool I have encountered with these strange anomalies.

The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
2alt

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 04:53:48 AM

There is no way to prove it. Just mine at another pool if you think that one is shady.

One of the reasons I started my own pool. It very easy to cheat people as you have access to everything when running a pool.

You can't prove it, but I think most pools are honest. However, I do know there are bad ones.

Just use another pool man. Everyone is trying to make a quick buck, and if you don't feel comfortable mining for that pool, then don't. There are so many.

Equihash City
BCI mining pool (USA Server)
http://equihash.city
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.