Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:04:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is airdrop?  (Read 1542 times)
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:17:23 PM

what is airdrop and how do i get them?

Its like a giveaway when sometimes a new coin is made they want to give it so they introduce it for the people. You just need to make a wallet and fill in the form to recieve the coins.

You can search on the internet and on this forum for airdrops, but sometimes airdrops are scam so beware.

The one thing I've always failed to understand (perhaps you or someone else can enlighten me) is how a true airdrop can scam you? If it's a true airdrop you receive something for nothing so I do not see what the risk is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:25:15 PM

Its like a giveaway when sometimes a new coin is made they want to give it so they introduce it for the people. You just need to make a wallet and fill in the form to recieve the coins.

You can search on the internet and on this forum for airdrops, but sometimes airdrops are scam so beware.

The one thing I've always failed to understand (perhaps you or someone else can enlighten me) is how a true airdrop can scam you? If it's a true airdrop you receive something for nothing so I do not see what the risk is.

Well, IMO the scam is you provide your personal detail such as email. But of course, you can create an email solely for airdrop only and don’t click on any spam mails that come into your mailbox.

Another case is when people start to buy the airdropped coins in exchange, there is risk of dump.
kuronokishi10

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:44:47 PM

You will need a ethereum wallet which is similar to bitcoin wallet and then join the various groups which are on telegram.There are also other methods apart from joining telegram group.
most of them will tell you to complete tasks,and on successfully completing them you will recieve your tokens.
diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:47:51 PM

A true airdrop is simply a case of filling out some details and giving a wallet address and then you will receive coins, many nowadays aren't true airdrops and ask for some sort of task before payment, such as posting on the forum or sharing something on twitter. Be careful to avoid any that ask you to make a donation in exchange for the coins, these are all scams in my opinion.

Nightmare1325

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:54:01 PM

Airdop is the free tokens by specific developers. It’s free to join by maintaining some rules. But every condition of airdrops are not same. It’s a way to attract community. It’s something similar to Bounty.
Patrikson

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:56:23 PM

Well, IMO the scam is you provide your personal detail such as email. But of course, you can create an email solely for airdrop only and don’t click on any spam mails that come into your mailbox.

Another case is when people start to buy the airdropped coins in exchange, there is risk of dump.

If you give them your ETH address for an example they will see how much coins you have. They will surely try to break in your wallet after seeing that you have a lot of coins in it.
So thats why I make a lot of ETH wallets in order to prevent that because i think that humans are not dumb they will surely see.
btcloi78

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:57:38 PM

Airdrop is a free distribution of coins or tokens based on ERC20 Ethereum Smart Contract. Every days  developers open a new airdrop ( a new token) and post on tokens announcement this.Many airdrops use telegram to make a community.
EtherDelta is a exchange used to sell your tokens received by airdrops.
oppasong

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:58:58 PM

China's state prohibits clear bitcoin.

chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:06:55 PM

Like many have said it all depends on the coin. Some are just given freely. While other require you to post and stay active. Some give a lot away and some give away little, but any of those could turn out great. I still like air drops way more than ICO's.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
steffi79

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:07:33 PM

If you give them your ETH address for an example they will see how much coins you have. They will surely try to break in your wallet after seeing that you have a lot of coins in it.
So thats why I make a lot of ETH wallets in order to prevent that because i think that humans are not dumb they will surely see.
so what you have wanted to say that if you are giving your eth address you need to have create a new wallet for it to be given by them maybe this is a great idea. i must do it so if i may now have some coins i can now prevent some break of my coins.
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:23:11 PM

Airdrop is a part of system a new coin campaign.Some people get this new token for fill a form.When the new coin development system fully complete and they start new bounty campaign like facebook, twitter and other.Then they come market and then airdrop token is valuable for airdrop participant.
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:42:19 AM

So how does this work? Let's say for bitcoin, they check how many btc are in an address, how do they airdrop the new currency? Obviously they cannot send it to that bitcoin address, because it is not bitcoin.
platom

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:07:36 AM

Sometimes airdrop is a free giveaway of coins, based on how many bitcoins in your offline wallets (you have your own private key), by referring on certain block.
Such as bitcore, bitcoin cash...

For example, if you have 1 bitcoin, when bitcoin network is at blockheight 463604, you can claim free bitcore coin (btx).

Bitcore, not bitcoin core.

How can they send coins based on bitcoin addresses? Do they send coins to that same address, but in bitcore, and then one will need to use the same process as eg, when the bitcoin cash split occurred (send btc to a new wallet, use the previous private key to claim bitcoin cash)?

Sorry if my explanation make anyone confuse about bitcore airdrop. Please check website bitcore.cc for more explanation about bitcore.
HariiPKB

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:49:08 AM

Airdrop is a way that devolop team sent their coin into the market. Each airdrop have other condition to join. But you need to research before joining an airdrop. Many scam airdrop these day.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Eash

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:17:33 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2378605.0

Check this one, this is a nice Airdrop campaign, very very easy to participate! Once you attend it once, you will understand what it is!
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:15:52 AM

An airdrop means they are giving away coins or tokens. There are lots of airdrops in the bounty section. They usually ask for your ETH address and then they will send it there.

mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:22:18 AM

Some new coins are distributing their coins to the public and this whole procedure is called airdrop, You will need an ethereum wallet. then search for telegram groups or under bounty topic you will find airdrop campaigns. Fill their form and do your tasks then boom. you will get your tokens.
tradingcryptocoach

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:25:01 AM

airdrop is free coin which we can get by filling some form
eth86

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:30:59 AM

Is there a risk of signing up for airdrops?
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:40:00 AM

Airdrop is a free token giveaway by the developer of a particular coin.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: