Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:44:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-10] Bitcoin Over Stocks: Millennials Moving With Times  (Read 5006 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:41:54 PM

Millennials often get the blame for ruining traditions and the established order of things, but they may well be on the right path when it comes investing. A survey has found that the next generation of investors are no longer interested in stocks, looking rather at a new technology. Bitcoin and associated currencies are ideally suited to the millennial mindset, the same mindset that has seen them fed up with banks and irritated at the hegemony of the old money and the traditional investment options.

Now, investing for this new generation is heading towards new currencies, digital currencies. Two sides of the aging coin
As if Bitcoin and the related cryptocurrency market needed any more validation that it is the next wave of technology and investment, a survey has shown who the key demographic is.

A survey by venture capital firm Blockchain Capital found that about 30 percent of those in the 18 to 34 age range would rather own $1,000 worth of Bitcoin than $1,000 of government bonds or stocks. The study of more than 2,000 people found that 42 percent of millennials are at least somewhat familiar with Bitcoin, compared with 15 percent among those ages 65 and up.

The interest and trust in Bitcoin is far less is the elder generation, the generation who have been brought up in stocks and bonds, however, even that is slowly changing.
Read more here...

The members of the generational category called as the Millennials are considered to be more tech-savvy and always updated with the latest trends affecting the whole world using the online communication technology. And so it would not be a big wonder if among this generation there is that deeper openness to Bitcoin as an investment vehicle over other traditional investments.

I am sure that they are aware of the rise of Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency thing. These are the people that can be the future leaders of the Bitcoin community and they can be introducing new ideas and better points of view which can be of benefit to the whole cryptocurrency movement. I don't belong to this millennial category anymore but am happy that soon we might have better leaders establishing their presence anywhere around the globe.  
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:55:14 PM

Not really a big surprise. I personally was into stock trading, but then more in a conservative manner since there isn't much volatility to benefit from when it comes to stocks. I completely liquidated all stocks, even if it resulted in me liquidating positions at a loss, just to put that money into Bitcoin, and some other cryptos back then. I haven't had much success with altcoins, but Bitcoin was for me the bomb in terms of returns. Instead of the ~10% returns annually with stocks (which is quite a decent return), I was booking these profits almost on a weekly basis with Bitcoin. It felt like I ditched a bike to step into a Ferrari, that significant was the difference. People slowly but surely notice this too, and that's why I expect far more capital to flow into this ecosystem in the forthcoming years.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:21:13 PM

As if Bitcoin and the related cryptocurrency market needed any more validation that it is the next wave of technology and investment
They're investing in an asset.  It's not at all comparable to a stock.

A seasoned or intelligent investor will be interested in a selection of different things, properly diversified.  They wouldn't just buy Bitcoin and lose all interest in all traditional forms of investment.
The members of the generational category called as the Millennials are considered to be more tech-savvy and always updated with the latest trends affecting the whole world using the online communication technology.
They're also known for being attention-deficit and building up unnecessary hype.
Halcyon Days

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:10:27 PM

I know, we are in a cryptocurrency forum, but I am not sure, if the article is in favor of millenials or if it is bashing them. Depending on the point of view and the reader (aged <35 or >65) most likely both.

Btw I am also not surprised.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:24:27 PM

Not really a big surprise. I personally was into stock trading, but then more in a conservative manner since there isn't much volatility to benefit from when it comes to stocks. I completely liquidated all stocks, even if it resulted in me liquidating positions at a loss, just to put that money into Bitcoin, and some other cryptos back then. I haven't had much success with altcoins, but Bitcoin was for me the bomb in terms of returns. Instead of the ~10% returns annually with stocks (which is quite a decent return), I was booking these profits almost on a weekly basis with Bitcoin. It felt like I ditched a bike to step into a Ferrari, that significant was the difference. People slowly but surely notice this too, and that's why I expect far more capital to flow into this ecosystem in the forthcoming years.
I came from stocks too and I have to say it has been a pleasure to make the change from stocks to crypto. Accumulating bitcoin a couple of months ago has netted me percentages I could only dream of when trading stocks. Even though I've put a lot into crypto I still own stocks. Those are more or less stocks that I want to have in my possession regardless of the price going up or down.
honeyb0y

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:44:11 AM

I came from stocks too and I have to say it has been a pleasure to make the change from stocks to crypto. Accumulating bitcoin a couple of months ago has netted me percentages I could only dream of when trading stocks. Even though I've put a lot into crypto I still own stocks. Those are more or less stocks that I want to have in my possession regardless of the price going up or down.

Of course millennials would be on bitcoin trading, how would you expect older generation to be more inclined in bitcoin than the millennials. Older generation are those who are more reluctant on going into bitcoin because they are not that inclined onto technology.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:42:01 AM

I am one of the millennials and I agree with the survey. Technology is a big part why millennials are more open minded in investing in a new kind of investment vehicle than the previous generations do. Though it would be more wise to diversify the investments to spread the risk, more of millennials are choosing to invest in crypto because of its huge difference in terms of rate of return compared to stocks. Because this generation is used to having things easily and instantly like fast food, instant messaging, instant noodles etc., we are easily getting impatient to things that takes a long time and bitcoin is somehow a fast way of getting ROI that's why it is far more attractive than investing/trading in stocks.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:48:10 AM

Well I can see how this is absolutely true even though it was only a survey of 4000 people. I'm surprised how many women are actually getting into crypto now though. It's a little surprising but at the same time I guess it makes sense for everyone. It just happens to be a male dominated area. No big deal! The more the merrier!

I still don't know any friends that own Bitcoin (that I know of) so idk where this survery took place but not in my home town hahahah.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:07:20 AM

Wow, you got a very amazing Bitcoin success story and the thing here is that there are also many like you who experienced a different level of success when they get into Bitcoin. Bitcoin has become like a thing sent from heaven for many traders and investors especially those who were able to join the bandwagon years ago. As to alts, only a few are really making it big as we are now swimming in new entrants every day all vying for attention and money. Bitcoin is now far the best investment vehicle so far...
8270thNinja

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

busy in real life, long post gap is understandable

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:23:34 AM

If the respondents were real Bitcoin users then it is pretty surprising that 10% of it are women (I am surprised not in the bad manner, Women are smarter than Men, IMO). Millennial are also into Bitcoin now, even 19 years old below, some of them are asking how to verify their accounts on Coins.ph (Philippine Online Bitcoin to Cash Exchange). I just hope these Millennial people truly understands what Bitcoin is and not just use it because It can give generate profit.
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:06:19 AM

I'm not suprised because these millenials are very active on many social media platforms so discovering bitcoin on the internet has a higher chance for them than older people. It's just appropriate to happen because these young people will be the first generation to use bitcoin.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:22:27 AM

People are starting to diversify more to boost their portfolio. It will take time before the regulars start pumping a serious percentage of their capital into Bitcoin, and that's of course understandable.

I have seen a recent local news article where people have been asked randomly if they know Bitcoin, and whether or not they actually own any. Like 5% of the people asked had either Bitcoin or another crypto asset.

These people said that they were feeling/trying the market by using relatively low initial amounts ranging from €100 to €1000. I think it's safe to say that we can't expect more from these people ~ it's a first step.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:51:37 PM

This, to me, is no surprise because I believe in the power of today's generation in that they are so eager to learn everything that has to do with investments. They have come to realize that the birth of the internet is power. You surf and at the same time earn provided you are creative enough to look for means to profit.

The internet paved way to so many of various classes of people from all walks of life. It empowered the youth of today that they can earn and control their money at any given time at their own terms.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:11:15 PM

Cryptocurrencies has large number of young investors. Bitcoin alone outperformed S&P 500. Bitcoin has left behind many traditional assets in terms of ROI. This young generation lacks patience and cryptos suits best in giving huge profit in less time. Inclination is natural then. Also young people have natural tendency to take risk and understand tech. Older generation is slow to shift to new tech where risk is involved.
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:58:32 AM

Who would they expect to embrace this new technology? Old people? It's really hard for people to try something new when they are stuck in the past just like Jamie Dimon. Millenials are the ones that will continue this new system and very suitable to run crypto.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: