Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:33:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which version would you love to see?
v1 (left)
v2 (right)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [COMPLETED & SEEKING FEEDBACK] Bitcoin Neon Signs by crypt0queen  (Read 2842 times)
Cryptocables (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 220

CQ - I make High Voltage glowy things.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 12:06:04 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 06:16:06 AM by Cryptocables

Hello Cryptocommunity!
I am here to announce the introduction of Neon signs to the BTC community.

Who am I?
I've been running a small shop called Cryptocables for a little while now. This webshop primarily deals with selling powered PCI-E Risers to those who seek them for their rigs. I have been in Cryptocurrency for a little over 2 years now, and I have been producing items with manufacturers for over 3.

Why did you decide to make these signs?
Being from New York City, I am surrounded by all of the colors of the spectrum. For me, this was a no brainer, and I decided shops deserve to have the bit of flair they deserve. While the traction with BTC used to be slow, these days everything has changed. More people are buying, selling, adopting, and converting their storefronts to accept BTC at their locations. It is huge, and there is no obvious way other than stickers that shout out "HEY! WE ACCEPT BTC!".

Aside from running Cryptocables on the side, I have been with multiple companies over the past 10 years including, but not limited to Apple Inc. and Amazon.com Inc. Over the years I have always been taught to under promise, and over deliver. I strive for the best Customer Service that I can provide on a personal level, and it is my goal to assist in any way I possibly can.

So why are you posting here?
I came up with a few designs, and I am looking for community input on which design they prefer most. These signs are made for indoor use and will last a lifetime. As an artist, we can be our own worst critic, and do need another pair of eyes from time to time. This is where you come in.

Have you found a manufacturer yet?
Yes. I have located a reliable fellow with proper credentials, certificates, amazing business credibility, and completed assessments. He is ready to produce for me as soon as I give him the word on a final design.

What will they cost?
At this current moment, each Neon sign will run around 2BTC. This is subject to change in the future, and all shipping information is not accounted for in this estimate. However, this does includes protective packaging which will make global shipping a lot less risky.

What are the specifications?
Each sign will run at around 150watts, and will have a UL listed plug. Each sign is mounted and will have areas to either screw in the wall, or be hung with a chain.

How many will you be making?
I plan on making different versions of BTC merchandise over the upcoming years. It is not set in stone as to how many are being made, however, if you are interested in one of these for your storefront, mining room, or hobby area - please respond to this thread and the poll!

Will you accept Pre-Order funds?
No, not at this time. I will post a working prototype as soon as the design is confirmed, and received.

So.. what do you need from me?
The last and final step to this is to finalize on a design. This is where you come in.

How can I reach you if I have questions
You can PM me directly on this forum, reach me on IRC, or respond directly to this thread. When it is not 5am in the morning, I will respond to you. :)

You made it down this far? Awesome! I would highly appreciate it if you would take the time to vote in the poll above to which design you enjoy the most. You rock!

crypt0queen

6/19/2013 Update

The design of v2 has been passed along to our glasswork artist. Here is an updated photo of how the sign will look with proper spacing, and all that good jazz.

6/20/2013 Update

I have officially paid our glass guy and we are now in production queue for a working light with the requested design. Further updates to come within the next few days. The original estimate of 1BTC has been further expanded to due to the extra tubing requirement that was requested after further calculations. The frame will also be a custom shape that has added to the cost, as well as mounting supplies and materials. Pricing is not expected to go over 3BTC(excludes shipping cost). Final cost will be posted after the first sign is completed.

6/26/2013 Update

Hello again everyone, here is a photo of the work in progress from my glass guy. The last thing that needs to be done is to mount it to the bracket and center everything properly. The following image is not the final product, but an update to the work in progress. The final product with correct center-alignment will be posted sometime this week. Thanks.

6/26/2013 Update

The sign is completed! More information to come regarding final pricing in the upcoming days. Feedback is appreciated -- if you think you may be interested in one, please respond to this thread.

Apologies for the cell phone quality photos, I need to find a replacement for my DSLR camera. The brightness and colours will be as vivid as the Pre-Mounting photo. Will update further with more pictures as soon as I can.

7/5/2013 Update
Group buy thread is now active located here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251041.0

⚡ VOLTAGE GOAT ⚡
🐐 https://www.voltagegoat.com
🐐 http://www.twitter.com/VoltageGoat

High Voltage Crypto Illuminations. Neons, Nixies, Numitrons, ++ more Smiley
Official Launchpad of the Numitron Bitcoin Ticker Rocket

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
serraz

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:08:49 PM

Ill take a bunch Cheesy
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2938

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:46:14 PM

V2 all the way.
The one on the left looks too 'skinny'. Maybe change the color of the inner neon circle.

You made it down this far? Awesome!
Yep!

Jaxkr

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:06:10 AM

These look amazing! I hope to see them become commonplace as more shops accept Bitcoin!
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:12:16 AM

Cryptocables (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 03:13:25 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 03:08:44 AM by Cryptocables

6/19/2013

Hello! I am here with another update. Due to popular demand, I believe I will go ahead with v2 of the Neon sign. Please see above for final product preview as to how the sign will look with proper spacing, and all that good jazz.

⚡ VOLTAGE GOAT ⚡

Cryptocables (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 03:10:58 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 07:51:37 PM by Cryptocables

6/20/2013 Update

I have officially paid our glass guy and we are now in production queue for a working light with the requested design. Further updates to come within the next few days. The original estimate of 1BTC has been further expanded due to the extra tubing requirement that was requested after further calculations. The frame will also be a custom shape that has added to the cost, as well as mounting supplies and materials. Pricing is not expected to go over 3BTC (excludes shipping cost). Final cost will be posted after the first sign is completed.

⚡ VOLTAGE GOAT ⚡

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:55:29 AM

Nice, will keep in mind!
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:03:38 AM

Great!
I'm looking forward to see the result

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
moltenmich

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 03:20:56 PM

I'm glad you went with v2!

█ Professional Design & Multimedia █

michpalmer.com
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:04:18 PM

It makes more sense that they are 3BTC. I priced mine at around 5BTC (Without doing much research of course). I was wondering how you were going produce these for 1BTC and sell on for profit.
Cryptocables (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 11:07:22 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 01:13:06 AM by Cryptocables

It makes more sense that they are 3BTC. I priced mine at around 5BTC (Without doing much research of course). I was wondering how you were going produce these for 1BTC and sell on for profit.
Thanks! I am taking your advice and adjusting accordingly after the amount of time I have spent on the project.

⚡ VOLTAGE GOAT ⚡

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 07:36:33 AM

love the designs. might bring some in to Malaysia later.

Cryptocables (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 09:05:55 AM

love the designs. might bring some in to Malaysia later.

Thank you! Let me know if you need any help with the security of International shipping. I know sending to foreign countries like that can sometimes be difficult, and if there is anything I can do to make it less painful I will do my best.

⚡ VOLTAGE GOAT ⚡

BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:44:39 AM

Amazing. Would love to put one of these outside of my soon to be open General Store.,

BTC Long.
Cryptocables (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 10:48:09 AM

Hello again everyone, here is a photo of the work in progress from my glass guy. The last thing that needs to be done is to mount it to the bracket and center everything properly. The following image is not the final product, but an update to the work in progress. The final product with correct center-alignment will be posted sometime this week. Thanks.

⚡ VOLTAGE GOAT ⚡

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:59:13 AM

Great! Thanks for the update

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Cryptocables (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 11:12:34 AM

The sign is mounted! More information to come regarding final pricing in the upcoming days. Feedback is appreciated -- if you think you may be interested in one, please respond to this thread. Apologies for the cell phone quality photos, I need to find a replacement for my DSLR camera. The brightness and colours will be as vivid as the Pre-Mounting photo. Will update further with more pictures ASAP.

⚡ VOLTAGE GOAT ⚡

Jaxkr

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:07:51 PM

The sign is mounted! More information to come regarding final pricing in the upcoming days. Feedback is appreciated -- if you think you may be interested in one, please respond to this thread. Apologies for the cell phone quality photos, I need to find a replacement for my DSLR camera. The brightness and colours will be as vivid as the Pre-Mounting photo. Will update further with more pictures ASAP.

Wow! Those look fantastic!
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:16:34 PM

Going to want one of these.

BTC Long.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: