Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:42:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis?  (Read 515 times)
Bitcoins Network (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:48:31 PM

Greetings!

As the title says, have you ever experienced this phenomena? If you do, feel free to share!
I personally remember having this only once when I was a kid, I was awake and aware, but could not move. And there was something dark breathing near the bed on the floor.

Let's hear your Sleep Paralysis story!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Decimation

Activity: 244
Merit: 43

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:03:26 PM

I have had sleep paralysis before. Shit is scary as hell man. I woke up one night at like 2:00 am and before waking up I was having a dream about a dark shadow leaning over my bed while I was on my laptop. So then I wake up and opened my eyes, but it was still standing over me or some shit so after like 20 seconds of just laying there not being able to move, just had my eyes open, I sprang out of bed and turned my lights on lmao.
Luckylegs

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:06:36 AM

Oh I'd forgotten about that!!! It's horrendous and so scary. With every cell in my body I'd try to move but would be stuck. It used to freak me out. Thankfully, I haven't had this for years.

But, I still get the falling into my body and wake up with a fright experience when I've just fallen asleep. It feels as though I've been levitating and have just fallen and landed back on the bed..hideous!  Shocked
Jorke

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:57:08 AM

Once, when I came home from my friends around 12 pm, when I was going to bed, I heard a strange voice at about 2 midnight, I wanted to get up but my body could not move at all, I wanted to shout but my voice could not get out , really scary when you sleep like that
Vera Tech

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:15:53 PM

Thank you for the stories, this was interesting to read  Wink
montenigguh

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:35:34 PM

Sleep paralysis is a mental state. Always remember to drink water before going to bed. Stress is a factor here so try o relax the mind, too.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:57:21 PM

Experienced this alot especially when i worked abroad. I woke up in the middle of the night I'm awake but I can't move. It really feels like someone is on top of chest just los enough that i could breath. What i do is close my eyes and when i open them again, it feels like i woke up from a nightmare

the13thsymphony

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:10:53 AM

I have also expirienced sleep paralysis and damn it was scary as hell, you feel like suffocating and you cannot move also when you cannot talk. When I experienced it I was trying to yell at my brother but I could not.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
nix_7878

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:40:42 AM

I will never forgot my experience a year ago when I was sleeping then suddenly I woke up for no reason but my eyes are still close then I remember I can't even move my body but I can hear the noise of out side, I though those time is the last day of my life and I am so afraid, then it happend many times, but now thanks God I never experience it anymore.
MicroCode

Activity: 129
Merit: 24

Professional Developer

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:20:09 PM

If I am right, this occures when you are in "remsleep" state. Also, the black figures many sees are so called "Shadow People".

HYIP Programmer - Designer - Admin - Manager
HYIP Script for Sale here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4779840
hebistix

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:36:34 AM

Yeah, sometimes i feel like it already happened in my dream.
std1391

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

bitcoin is love

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:15:04 PM

It's a horrible thing!
it would be hard to breath!
hope no one experience it!

martheena

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:43:54 AM

is a temporary inability to move or speak that occurs when you're waking up or falling asleep.
chiododgsonxyz

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:23:07 AM

it is a terrifying experience to me that I don't want to happen again. It is just like you wake up on midnight while others are sleeping then you cannot move nor shout nor every motion. As what I saw was someone's pulling my legs and I was like crawling and crawling and crawling back upwards and reaching for my parents (because they was beside me sleeping that time). After a moment, I suddenly wake up and feel like I'm about to die. Thank God I survived it. Just don't forget to pray before sleeping and have a peace of mind to avoid it I guess.
sajjad.torch

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 08:05:55 AM

Oh My God !!

I don't want to experiences that thing. This is worst than worse nightmare.

People can't even move a muscle but they are hearing and feeling each and everything !!

This is very bad feelings...
Reeennnsss

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:21:31 AM

this is the most scariest things happened to me Sad i wish i woundnt feel it again Sad
WORLDWIDEWES

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:29:26 AM

yes
OninLoki

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:00:56 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 05:15:36 AM by OninLoki

I have also experienced sleep paralysis I feel like suffocating, I cannot move and when I trying to yell for help no words or sound comes out.

What is sleep paralysis?
     You know those dreams where you scream and no sound comes out? Or maybe you are trapped and try to move ... but can't.
Many of us don't pay attention to these kinds of dreams, especially when they become recurrent.
According to WebMD, sleep paralysis occurs (in most cases) because your body isn't transitioning smoothly into the different phases of sleep.

adekpulpen

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:22:13 AM

Perhaps almost everyone has experienced this, people here believe that sleep paralysis is also associated with spirits' spirit disorders or ghosts.
My family and I also often experience it, people say this happens because before going to bed I do not pray when I do not, I always pray before bed but it keeps happening repeatedly.
bisnisrompi212

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:30:38 AM

Sleep is good for health but we do not sleep much, because it's money. But if we can use sleep with investment then on we wake up we can smile wide ...
ayesha703

Activity: 110
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:09:42 AM

Ohh noooo

This sleep paralysis is so dangerous thing. People often suffer from this. They have nothing to do for getting out of this horrundous situation.

One night I also experienced this thing. This thing is really very bad.

God save us from this.
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:57:11 PM

This is unusual experience bot normal.
I feel tense because I couldn't able to move my body and I saw a shadow standing beside me.
Iambatman

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:19:17 PM

I experience this before some person with knife im lying then she's use her knife to kill me and its feels so fucking real after that i wake up and its so hard to breath
rowaelin

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:01:48 AM

Experienced a lot of these, especially when I was in college. I noticed it always happens when I was super stressed out. I remember the first time after dance class, I was starting to doze off, when I felt a presence by the door and suddenly I could not move and a heavy weight was pressing on my back. The next was years after when before falling asleep I suddenly felt paralyzed and heard a lot of noise like laughing, screaming, etc. I heard it beside me on the bed even though there was no one but me in my room. At times, I have episode after episode to the point I'm scared of sleeping. These events always happens to me before I get to sleep. I've done some research and saw that what I had was called hypnagogia.

Hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucinations are visual, tactile, auditory, or other sensory events, usually brief but occasionally prolonged, that occur at the transition from wakefulness to sleep (hypnagogic) or from sleep to wakefulness (hypnopompic).

These days, I've memorized the symptoms whenever I start feeling like I'm having episodes again. My toes starts feeling numb and climbs up my body. When this happens, I massage my feet or move them for the numbness to subside. I'm just thankful I only have sensory hallucinations and not visual.
usahaali05

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:54:35 AM

You are lucky if you feel this phenomenon only in small time, I almost every month even every week always feel this phenomenon. Although this phenomenon is just an event in the subconscious but I feel that this phenomenon is real and I feel there is a creature that embraces me so I can not move and I often see the shadow of a creature when I experience the phenomenon of sleep paralysis. . But now I'm pretty calm because I've found the solution, when you experience sleep paralysis and when your sleeping position is facing left, then you have to change your sleeping position to face right, otherwise you will experience sleep paralysis continuously.
Elporkours

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:54:16 AM

Some said it can be used to AP if you don't feel fear and move your body consciously.
vladimir29

Activity: 202
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:53:53 AM

Sleep paralysis is a temporary inability to move or speak that occurs when you're waking up or falling asleep. It's not harmful and should pass in a few seconds or minutes, but can be very frightening. i experience it  while im sleeping my mind is awake but i cant even move  and my breathing  are going hard.. but  i fight it until i move  my finggers.. after that i woke up and drink  water... i hope it wont happen again..
amrahova_s

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:00:21 AM

Yeap, it`s really awful. I got it several times, but now I can feel when it will happen again, I just try to wake up fastly before it happens. Sometimes when you pray it helps.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:13:15 AM

I think to be cured you need to get rid of electronic devices, go to some hill station for few weeks and relax.

imunk

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:20:58 AM

My worsts experience I ever have in the morning, just imagine you awake but you can't move you're body and you mind is like in state between dream and reality.

GoddessofEverything

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:32:25 AM

I haven't experienced that but judging from the members here who have experienced it, it seems like a nightmare to be in.
redbluewhite

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:53:03 PM

I have never had it, but my friend had. It is so scary.
fade400

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:13:16 PM

On the contrary to the fear that most people exhibit when they have sleep paralysis, consider yourself lucky that you might get to experience such an interesting mental state.

Sleep paralysis happens to every one every time they go to sleep. The brain puts to sleep the motor functions of the body so that you cannot run around your room and crash into every wall while you are dreaming of running a marathon.

Next time it happens to you, try not to fight it. Instead try to calm your heart rate down and meditate if you can. Realize it is natural to happen. You may wake up in fear that you cannot move and I agree it is unnatural that you wake up in that state but by calming yourself and maybe even closing your eyes again to sleep off the effects.

If you want to go a step farther to utilize this state, take a look at lucid dreaming! Sleep paralysis is one of the steps for the "wake back to bed" technique described by Steven Labarge in 'Exploring the world of lucid dreaming'. One who wants to practice this technique will lay down on their bed, meditate and listen to their thoughts while closing their eyes but not necessarily be thinking. Instead they are watching their thoughts (it's rather challenging of course). You will then see brief images in your mind and if you can remain in control of this listening/watching but not thinking state, you can enter a dream fully awake and free to control it in whatever way you wish. Sleep paralysis is part of this process because your body will begin to sort of shut down while you enter sleep and are not moving. Staying as calm as possible can help facilitate this process.

I'm not sure what to do if you want to get out of sleep paralysis and are stuck in it. But trying to stay calm is key considering you can't move anyway due to a natural process. A state of panic and anxiety is going to exacerbate the negative effects.
Dharmah

Activity: 211

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:16:04 PM

I remember it happened to me two times when I was a kid. I woke up in the middle of the night but couldn't move any part of my body, all was numb.
It was like my brain woke up in my sleep but the rest of the body was sleeping. Cheesy
It was fun but not being able to move any part of your body is a bit scary.
BestJhayEver

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:01:41 PM

Good Day Everyone!

I just want to share something regarding Sleep Paralysis.

To begin with, Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes. Some people may also feel pressure or a sense of choking. <-- This is according to google.

I kinda know that this condition is hereditary because my Mother until now is experiencing this phenomena when she sleeps. That is why we both know how to somehow control it or manage "Surviving" after these experiences.

In my case It happens when I'm exhausted or not exhausted from the day. Also misconceptions about this is Sleep Paralysis happens when you ate so much and did not wait for it to be digested well in your stomach then you go to sleep. Basically on my own observation the chances of this happening to you is unpredictable. And when this happens, YOU better be prepared for supernatural and scary things you might see while you cant move.

What actually happens this happened to you is in the middle of your sleep. Something will trigger it like in my case this actually happens after a scary scene occurs in my dream. Then that is the time that your eyes will open but you can't move a thing in your body. You can roll your eyeballs to check surroundings. What's so creepy about this is when you "partially" wake up you can see things and movements around you. Like for example I have experienced it and while I was being paralyzed I can see my Mom walking around my room doing chores. Usually she wakes me up when she noticed me moaning or looking strangled while sleeping. When I woke up I asked my mom if she was sweeping the floor on my room earlier while I was sleeping and she say's "YES I was". That moment I freaked out because she can see my eyes were closed then. How? I don't really know how this happened but its true.

There is so much that I don't know about our condition. My way of managing it is by slowly trying to move my toes then my leg and then I wake up suddenly. But that is not the case always. The longest time-span I have experienced this is like 30 mins. Imagine waking up you can see but you cant move. The feeling is like laying down with a ton of weight above you and pushing you down. And it really sucks happening to someone like me who has Claustrophobia as well. I really hope that in the near future there will be medicine to prevent this from happening.

Thank you for reading my insights about this topic.  Wink
Uriel80

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:19:45 PM

It is not a good experience, I have it very often since I was very young, about twice a week. The problem that causes me is that when I can move I usually have cramps in the legs and hands, I have been told that it is very normal but I do not believe it. I also know that before in the midst of fear I saw things of the paranormal type but I tend to be an exception, so I suppose it was because of the anxiety of wanting to get up quickly.
skymia

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 02:24:55 PM

I have this sometimes too, more when I was younger, now i'm very tired after a long day I usually sleep straight to the night!

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
Th3-K1n6

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 11:42:15 AM

Clean yourself and pray before you sleep then your dreams will be beautiful
Rick_Sanchez_H-334

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:24:53 PM

I always dream someone is raping me when I have sleep paralysis.  Thank god I didn't have sleep paralysis in years lol
modemarriss

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 12:22:06 PM

Experienced this once, scared as hell
edski

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:54:30 PM

Thank you for the stories, this was interesting to read  Wink
Actually this is a true story with their experience and I find it not interesting to read, it's kind of alarming for most of us and I hope what we share is the information or ways on how to prevent it.
wrewred

Merit: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:08:29 PM

This always scares me whenever i go to sleep.
Red Lanterns

Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 02:32:54 PM

Greetings!

As the title says, have you ever experienced this phenomena? If you do, feel free to share!
I personally remember having this only once when I was a kid, I was awake and aware, but could not move. And there was something dark breathing near the bed on the floor.

If I sleep >4 hours a day 2 times in a row, it starts. My brain already woke up, but the body still doesn't give a chance to move or open the eyes

❤️🍓💋Your Guide to Sexual Education and Freedom 💑🍒💌
👉🏻 RED LANTERNS 👈🏻
Onepager White paper Telegram chat Ann Thread
marvin22

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 02:34:00 PM

The most creepiest thing happens to me. So scared that i will not wake up if ever if it happens again Embarrassed
renaroa

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:14:18 PM

Experienced it once and I was not aware of it before that what I experienced was sleep paralysis. It's scary and I don't get the hype why a lot wants to try it, it's not even fun.
WorldBiz project

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:48:34 PM

For many centuries, symptoms of sleepy paralysis have been described in various ways and have often been attributed to the "cause of evil": the invisible night demons in ancient times, sorcerers and witches at the time of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet and abductors altogether in our time. In virtually every culture, you can find stories about ghostly beings that make a person helpless every night. For many centuries, people have been seeking explanations for this mysterious paralysis and the accompanying feeling of fear.

But now, sleep researchers know for sure that in most cases sleepy paralysis is a sign that the body has gone through all stages of sleep is not smooth enough. Extremely rarely the cause of sleepy paralysis are any psychiatric disorders.
accuracygranulated7

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:09:06 PM

I once experienced it after watching the cinmea Exorcist. I woke up and found like something is crawling over me
fleecedamp

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:46:40 AM

No never had such before and never want to have it either ever
impatientyoutubeJ

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 03:43:33 AM

No honestly i didnt experience any such things ever in my life because i dont fear anything Wink
downtimeprimesAa

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:08:22 PM

What is sleep paralysis? I heard the term for the first time ever
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:45:25 AM

Greetings!

That's creepy. I remember it happened to me when I was so stressed in my high school days. It always occur and the worst was when I saw a dark shadow that is standing beside in my bed.
JavanaBros

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 10:04:16 AM

I often experience it, and events like that start happening when I'm 17 years old.
And as you say, when sleep paralysis always sees a dark figure, and that's true, I also see it, but after i consultation, it turns out that what we see while experiencing sleep paralysis is actually just imagination, just like a dream.
kingragnar

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:43:45 AM

It often happens to me especially when I'm tired from work as I am doing so I do not get into the sleep paralytic state I'm eating moderately now. The most bad paralytic sleep that happened to me was that I almost could not breathe and then the gesture of a woman in the groom was approaching me without her face
josky

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:32:51 AM

it used to happen to me few times few years ago. but it wasnt any serious.
like i could actually make myself move if i tried to think like "oh im awake but why i dont move? lets get up" then i open my eyes
brownaxe20

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:40:53 PM

This is really scary. This could be both psychological and physiological in nature. The problem here is how to combat this one during your sleep!
cedrixperez

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:27:50 PM

I've experienced sleep paralysis and it can be unsettling, even terrifying. Julia Melges-Brenner, author of "Worried about Returning to Body after Astral Projection? has good information regarding sleep paralysis and astral projection.
Nik007

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:40:36 PM

Its a worst condition for our body. Hope nobody go through it.
HelperAdvisorsLLP

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:02:44 PM

I often feel sleep paralysis. It usually happens when I was very tired the previous day
LouiseIV

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:51:51 PM

A few years ago I suffered from a sleep paralysis during a vacation flight, I think it was the worst experience of my life and I confirm that some people really have visions at those moments, allutions with spirits and that kind of thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: