Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:28:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrencies Will Replace Fiat in 5 Years  (Read 1466 times)
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:16:11 PM

In five years time, fiat currencies are no longer going to have any use as cryptocurrencies replace them. That’s according to venture capital investor Tim Draper.

At the WebSummit conference in Lisbon, Portugal, Draper was speaking with Forbes. Expressing his views on where he sees the digital currency market, he said:
In five years, if you try to use fiat currency they will laugh at you. Bitcoin and other cryptocurriences will be so relevant … there will be no reason to have the fiat currencies.

It is reality!
I am in absolute disagreement with him. I think he will be the one at whom people are going to mock after some 5 years. Cryptos are just too inefficient to be used as prime method of settlement. Problems begin with transaction fees and end at transactions times. Who is going to wait for around 3 hours while making a deal to ensure that they have received their bitcoin. Moreover I am still not taking into account problems like deflation and lack of control on supply in Economy. Moreover Illiteracy rate around the world is still around 80%. What are the remaining 20% people going to use?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
preditor422

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:21:05 PM

I totally disagree with Tim as it's next to impossible to replace fiat with crypto.But we can achieve legalization to most part of the globe and that will increase popularity and stability of the crypto. one thing which is also impotant is replacing fiat with crypto means losing control over crypto world and either government will handle or one community and both the cases will be dangerous.
1inside1

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:23:48 PM

While crypto might replace fiat money,  I'd just like to say that with the current fees on bitcoin it will likely not be the one that replaces fiat.  Several altcoins seem to have much lower fees and much faster confirmation times,  so they're probably more likely to do it even though they're altcoins.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:30:33 PM

In my opinion we need more than 5 years to replace paper money with cryptocurrencies. We have to persuade people and help them with configuring payments. Also, educating is quite important in order to prevent thefts and stupid mistakes.
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:33:38 PM

In five years time, fiat currencies are no longer going to have any use as cryptocurrencies replace them. That’s according to venture capital investor Tim Draper.

At the WebSummit conference in Lisbon, Portugal, Draper was speaking with Forbes. Expressing his views on where he sees the digital currency market, he said:
In five years, if you try to use fiat currency they will laugh at you. Bitcoin and other cryptocurriences will be so relevant … there will be no reason to have the fiat currencies.

It is reality!

I support bitcoin with all my heart; however, with all honesty, I don't think it would reach that point. Bitcoin has been every increasing in value, in marketability, and it's potential has really been off the charts. However, money, or fiat, for that matter has been in the market for years and years. Many people have come to use it on their daily lives in all transactions they make. Therefore, it would be hard to phase it out the circulation. I would rather see both crypto and fiat being used both.
priyankg3

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:03:01 PM

cryptocurrency is the future of the world..
jlomabao@gmail.com

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:01:24 PM

It is reality!

this may be true in some other countries but I think it wont replace Fiat in the near future because its too early for this to happen.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:04:10 AM

Theoretically this is possible, but clearly not in 5 years...it's too early...and in general the idea of repressing fiat sounds strange, I don't believe in it
jzone23

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:09:19 AM

No I don't think so, as time passes more and more people are having interest on cryptocurrency and more countries and establishment are adapting this coins on their day to day transactions yet still I don't see it has the ability to replace fiat as mode of payment due to restriction like the need of internet connection which would be quite hard for countries that dont have good ISPs.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Ayasena

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:47:12 PM

That is not gonna happen in the next five years. Any governments would stand for their fiat currency no matter what. Your thingking is much too big. Things to consider to use cripto are fee and confirmation.
Paranuatu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:49:17 PM

Right now cryptocurrencies represent a very small portion of the globaal economy, les than 0,5 percent. It is impossible to rise that much in 5 years. I think even 1% or 5% is very unlikely.

I missed the BTC train Sad donate bitcents: BTC:1CWpbYGZVmC14zqLgNmnU8R8CbM9dbx4CY ETH:0x546A87681f70929634236Ad243AE4722A5CbDcC6
heureca

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:54:22 PM

That is not gonna happen in the next five years. Any governments would stand for their fiat currency no matter what. Your thingking is much too big. Things to consider to use cripto are fee and confirmation.

I think BTC will not replace fiat money. Probably criptocurrencies could replace fiat money in 50 years but it will be currencies like "criptodollar" ))

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:58:21 PM

It is impossible since the people are used to fiat and bitcoin are just trendy to millenials. The concern will be the elderly that are used to it and it will be a hard time for them to learn bitcoin or other digital currencies.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 03:14:29 PM

in my country many do not know how to use bank cards)))
They can not understand what is a crypto currency
I think 5 years is not enough,  need more time
Trivelius

Activity: 344

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:29:30 PM

No I don't think so, as time passes more and more people are having interest on cryptocurrency and more countries and establishment are adapting this coins on their day to day transactions yet still I don't see it has the ability to replace fiat as mode of payment due to restriction like the need of internet connection which would be quite hard for countries that dont have good ISPs.
I am not sure that cryptocurrency will replaced fiat because these currencies never defeated and replace fiat, this will happened when cryptocurrency used as a official currency and legalized but this will take more time and support that’s why now time it’s not possible.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
brainape

Activity: 328

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:30:53 PM

Right now cryptocurrencies represent a very small portion of the globaal economy, les than 0,5 percent. It is impossible to rise that much in 5 years. I think even 1% or 5% is very unlikely.
You are right this is much difficult that cryptocurrency will replaced fiat because this will take a lot of time to defeat fiat and fiat plays an important role to the people profit. 5 years is much time and i am sure this will take more time to replace.
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:22:37 PM

No, I don't think this is real. The implementation of cryptoconversions in the economy of a real country is very risky from a political and economic point of view. It may take several decades to introduce a cryptocurrency into the usual daily use.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:42:54 PM

It is reality!
I am not in favor with Tim Draper. It is impossible to happen considering five years as a short period of time.  There are still many places that do not even reach by electricity and technology here in the Philippines.  That is only possible if all countries are already highly industrialized and it took many years to happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: