Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:54:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-08] Who's Afraid of the Bitcoin Hard Fork?  (Read 4498 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:56:06 PM

Bitcoin is a digital asset held in carefully crafted code. But sometimes, pressures to change the code lead to a so-called “hard fork,” after which two new blockchains may also fork and coexist - and in some cases, openly compete.

A rose is a rose is a rose - unless it is not. The name of Bitcoin has a certain mystique; it has become a story, an entity and a lot of hopes and investments hang upon it. At this point, Bitcoin is an established digital asset with record market prices above $7,000 - and just as it’s at its most influential, Bitcoin faces an identity crisis.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/who-afraid-of-bitcoin-hard-fork/

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:34:34 PM

No-one. It isn't happening....... Roll Eyes

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
Urbanbypas

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:23:43 AM

The price has already significantly decreased. The peak is over, now it may not rise in price until the beginning of December.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
shaggy404

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:38:55 AM

I thought this was a poll     Roll Eyes

If you add a poll, I believe more than 80% votes are going to be NO, including mine.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:58:25 AM

The price has already significantly decreased. The peak is over, now it may not rise in price until the beginning of December.
I also do not build any big expectations about the price. The fork is stopped and November is promissing to be calm about price's records. Let's chill and see what December will bring to us Smiley
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:46:17 AM

Well, no one will be afraid anymore. The segwit2x hard for has been cancelled and we'll likely not see any more of these issues for quite some time. I just hope on the next time it happens, the community will be more decided and will be a solid one. I hope the community can choose a decision that would benefit all stakeholders of bitcoins and not just a few.
Isaak Bitcoin

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:49:27 PM

I believe in the stability of bitcoin, so I'm not afraid of forks. They only have a short-term negative effect on the cost of bitcoin.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:52:07 PM

I believe in the stability of bitcoin, so I'm not afraid of forks.

People in general are no longer afraid of forks. What a difference it was when people were thinking the first of August was some sort of a doomsday due to the chain split. Now they see there is money to be made, the fear has turned into greed, where right now a lot people on social media are being heavily disappointed in the S2X fork not being forced through. It just shows how greed is dictating this market, where people will find all sorts of ways to make money. I am not like that. I can genuinely say that I am happy that S2X has been suspended -- the potential negative consequences are not worth splitting for.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: