Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:52:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best privacy coin?  (Read 15366 times)
CryptoPro3 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Money loves speed

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:19:13 AM

I think privacy coins are very important in crypto, and hold the true nature and intention of this space. I believe that 2018 will be a big year for privacy based projects.

If you had $10k to invest, where would you spread it in privacy coins and why? Which ones do you think will truly succeed and stand the test of time?

Some options to work with:

Monero
Zcash
ZenCash
Verge
Cloak

My vote goes to Monero, but I'm really liking ZenCash.

ZenCash has a low supply and was recently hyped up on the Palm Beach Confidential newsletter and is a full blown privacy platform. Monero seems to me like a very strong currency with excellent standards for privacy, and a relatively low supply. I can see both of these coins in the $1000+ price.

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
THE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEED
▩▬ DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE ▬▩

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fatttoshi

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:27:38 AM

+1 for ZenCash
Orias67

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:11:51 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 02:38:32 AM by Orias67

I think you should add DeepOnion to this list. This coin is at the beginning but it grows fast and has a good and strong community. It has a good future to come Smiley

I like Monero too but prefer DeepOnion Wink

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:13:21 AM

ZEN for me too.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:28:36 AM

Yes you should try to add deeponion to your list, but this list would be huge if you take in consideration all those coins who were made for being a private coin, because there are hundreds of them at the moment.
But monero will always be the best one for those kind of features, they are very private and there is no way that other coins could be better than this one in this aspect, because monero was the pioneer.
Zcash is a good one too if we talk about privacy, and deeponion is very new, but it is a good one too because it can be used on tor.
Scuds31091

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:20:32 AM

Look into Spectre (XSPEC). It's one of the most technically advanced privacy coins out there. It's also entering the next leg up in price and expected to reach a new high soon. Do some research and see what you think.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=XSPEC_BTC

Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:26:02 AM

Do not forget Zcoin (XZC) , Sumokoin and Aeon. The last two are Monero fork/clones.
All three have good dev teams and potential.
pjhom

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:50:51 AM

I've been really interested in DeepOnion lately.  With a marketcap of $2.4M and TOR it seems likely for some room to grow. 

Monero is the obviously the pioneer.  I'm not an expert at all the privacy features of various coins but I don't believe that just because something is the original it will always be the best.  There is always innovation and improvement.  With this free market economy of crypto every coin has the opportunity to prove itself with innovation.  So just because one crypto is the best today, it doesn't mean it won't be dethroned by another one in the future.  AOL seemed unbeatable, then Yahoo was king.  Now it seems Google controls market share.  With the coming decentralization - their will be a new tech to take its place.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:52:54 AM

The best privacy coin still hold by the monero but i just agree about zencash or i'm interested about the zstarks that will have released by the zcash foundation. Zcoin as the forked of the zcash itself.
But my attention gets pay into the monero. because that already traded in so many exchange site.
And a lot of volume that reflected the interest.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Romano40

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:57:46 AM

Zcoin is not a fork of ZCash at all. ZCash forks are Zclassic and hush.
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:08:34 AM

It's really coming down to Monero vs ZCash at the moment, both sides have some pretty convincing arguments and both say that the other side do not offer a complete package as a privacy centric altcoin.

But in my opinion, i like Monero a lot more since they are more of a grassroots movement. ZCash is all about corporations and all of that, which i think is against the nature of cryptocurrencies itself to "tax miners" for an initial period.

Just my 2 cents though and to be honest, i haven't seen any of the other coins in depth.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 06:12:12 AM

The truly privacy coin, it should be Monero. Actually, XMR is the most anon, untraceable and fungible cryptocoin in existence. It has long way to achieve an ideal of  "complete anonymity".
I also like Zcash in somehow but I'm afraid of its trusted setup.
ruffles2016

Activity: 475

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:51:39 AM

As coders say Monero is probably the best anon coin. It works great. It hides your deposit with stealth addresses and it can hide transactions. By the way some people suggest Zcash is even safer than Monero but, zcash code is buggy.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:05:21 AM

Intense coin is interesting too. Providing P2P VPN services through the wallets with payment in ITNS.
It is cryptonight based so the privacy of the transfers should be similar to Monero.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2090765.0

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
shariya M

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:07:04 AM

I think monero is the best privacy coin...
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 08:16:51 AM

The best privacy coin still hold by the monero but i just agree about zencash or i'm interested about the zstarks that will have released by the zcash foundation. Zcoin as the forked of the zcash itself.
But my attention gets pay into the monero. because that already traded in so many exchange site.
And a lot of volume that reflected the interest.

Stop saying nonsense ... seriously ..

Zcoin is not a fork of Zcash .. What a distressing lack of knowledge ..

Zcoin = Zerocoin protocol
Zcash / zencash / hush / bitcoinZ = Zeroknowledge protocol

If you analyze altcoins as badly as possible, you may miss opportunities.

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:23:51 AM

SpectreCoin is TOR LOVERS custom fit

Beginning 2018 is the year by that the whole ecosystem below would be done

XSPEC is about

Bear in mind that as it is a PoSv3 coin, you can stake rewards using your client by supporting the network.
Next main feature will be STAKING low-power wallet on Android platform
Basically you will be able to gain money simply by using your phone and keeping it online 24/7

AND ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:25:39 AM

Look into Spectre (XSPEC). It's one of the most technically advanced privacy coins out there. It's also entering the next leg up in price and expected to reach a new high soon. Do some research and see what you think.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=XSPEC_BTC

Another argument.
lowmarketcap has got way more potential for the X'ses
Himanshu111

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:28:52 AM

I think privacy coins are very important in crypto, and hold the true nature and intention of this space. I believe that 2018 will be a big year for privacy based projects.

If you had $10k to invest, where would you spread it in privacy coins and why? Which ones do you think will truly succeed and stand the test of time?

Some options to work with:

Monero
Zcash
ZenCash
Verge
Cloak

My vote goes to Monero, but I'm really liking ZenCash.

ZenCash has a low supply and was recently hyped up on the Palm Beach Confidential newsletter and is a full blown privacy platform. Monero seems to me like a very strong currency with excellent standards for privacy, and a relatively low supply. I can see both of these coins in the $1000+ price.
I think monero would be my choice as it is one the most popular crypto available in the market and you can expect a good price of monero in the future. It is the master of all privacy coin and it is the first coin based upon the idea of complete privacy and security.
Verge is all a very good option. The transactions in verge are secure and untraceable. The ip addresses of sender and receiver, along with the amount sent in the transaction is kept private.
Sewarlock

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:41:27 AM

To start with, if my total portfolio would be 10k I definitely wouldn't put everthing in one privacy coins, I'd diversify my investment to various other coins and make sure that one of them will be a privacy coins. Regarding the options you showed:

Monero
Zcash
ZenCash
Verge
Cloak

Zcash is by far the most superior privacy centered currency out there right now, it uses an innovative technique called zsnarks which has raised praised by the best in the industry. Even Vitalik Butterin, the genious and founder behind Ethereum wants to implement zsnarks in the Ethereum protocol, what does this tell you? It tells you that the technology is superior to other privacy centered coins, as Ethereum itself is looking to implement privacy in its transactions. The team as well behind Zcash is awesome and there are many academics who know what they're doing, besides that Zcash is the highest valued coin in the market (in terms of market cap) which additionally shows you that it's superior to the rest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: