Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:03:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam vs. Legit tokens  (Read 371 times)
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:26:44 PM

How to know if token from airdrop is a scam or legit?
- They have products that are already working.
- Their products serve to solve that problem in the community.
- Clear long-term plan

Great points. Basically, to obtain this information, the best thing to do is to research on the coins or tokens. Also, take note that there are some hackers that use airdrops to hack and obtain your wallet details in fraudulent ways. So, joining blindly can have a double-edge effect because it put you on a vulnerable position.

I think some are/have collected a lot of data from airdrop participants.
I've also seen it happen multiple times that people pasted their private keys in the google doc instead of their wallet address.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:29:22 PM

there is so much we can see from airdrop. most airdrop has no future potential, does not even have a selling point in the market. so I think if airdrop that has no concept or roadmap, or white paper is not an effort to follow.
siddu67

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:21:55 PM

from my opinion why you need find out legit token or scam token sir. airdrop means free token so if you get any token from airdrop? you can check all about like website,whitepaper,team,roadmap
and wait for coming market like etherdelta and coinmarketcap.

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
4hajs

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

Translation Service: English -> Polish

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 03:24:31 PM

Sometimes buying scam tokens is more profitable than buying the legit tokens. Regal coin and all the ponzi scams, people made huge profits like 50x, this is insane. I think I will look for scam coins and throw some money into them.

H O L D V E S T     ◥  Your universal gateway to the crypto markets
       Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter       JOIN ICO > MAY 8th       Slack     Telegram     ANN Thread     
────────────────────────    T R Y   O U R   P L A T F O R M    ────────────────────────
Raffielo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Blocklancer Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 03:47:43 PM

The one strategy that I look at within the white paper is to see how the proposed useage of the token is being planned. Where will the token be used and how? Those are my main questions. Afterward, I attempt to answer the question who is going to be partnered with the token, as in big company wise. The reason for this line of thinking is to understand if there will be a large circulation of a token in big business. Otherwise, the speculation usually is right that a token stalls and profits evaporate. There’s always a need in closed system such as blockchain to have directions for the flow and funneling of a token — it needs to be used otherwsie it doesn’t go anywhere.

lukmankhan25

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:24:04 PM

i have experience with token scam, its name is eGBYTE. he asked to pay 0003 eth to register. and from then on I will not again make the same mistake. airdrop it should be free .. that's it. if told to pay you should be careful.
dissgo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:30:47 PM

Check its website, see the contract and whatever you wanna join, don't ever give your private keys if they ask you to fill in a form registration.
Don't ever send amount of coins, especially with huge amount. It's just all alibi.
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:41:54 PM

I'm not too dizzy about airdrop, if there is time then you can do it. If not, I forget it.
there are other jobs that are more promising. Airdrop is easy but not all coins can be sold mostly just a junk coin. Angry
saymynem

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:10:01 PM

You're looking for signals of long-term commitment to solving a real problem. You also want to see a proper application of the blockchain. If you ask "why is this on the blockchain?" and the answer seems like a cloud of smoke, then it's a sh*tcoin.

Like others have said, a working demo, or better a working product, should be a per-requisite.

lukmankhan25

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:09:19 PM

scam ?, airdrop no scam unless you are required to pay for it. if you are told to pay it is mostly a scam. because I've experienced it.
Rose119

Activity: 502
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:20:29 PM

When you join to an airdrop you should not expect on it because its just a free token ,be thankful if they give you a token. But if not? Just move on and look again for another airdrop, Make sure that you won't give any donation because i think that is scam.
BariaczRoni

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:43:08 PM

most airdrop dont scam. Which airdrop ask for password, private key is scam. If not then that airdrop not scam, but it free token is value or not depend on their devoloper
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: