Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:54:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Concept for Charitycoin! 50% of mining revenue goes to charity.  (Read 1028 times)
fishy (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:49:34 PM

you need to do some research as to what is allowed... you also need to register a non-profit org.

I don't think registering as a nonprofit is required, we can just exchange the charitycoins.

I got no idea as to what legal requirements are needed for a person to act as a solicitor for charities.

Also, like all charities, there's a management fee.  I gather part of that 50% goes to the management fee?

Someone needs to sell the minted coins in the open market... then cut a check that goes to the charities.

May be feasible, (you have to wait for ZenithCoin to implement this tracking functionality).

If you are serious about doing the charity work, then I certainly can donate whatever we build on ZenithCoin to make it happen.

I will try to reduce costs wherever possible and to make it both as a standalone currency and a resource for charities.  I think we shall convert into USD and then donate and spread the word to exchanges and charities.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
JessicaMILFson

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:15:58 AM

It sounds like a good idea.

Have you considered implementing this coin as part of a colored coin feature in upcoming future cryptocurrencies?
fishy (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:28:57 AM

It sounds like a good idea.

Have you considered implementing this coin as part of a colored coin feature in upcoming future cryptocurrencies?

Colored coin?  I've heard of it but don't really know about it.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: