Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:05:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When to Dump  (Read 119 times)
jd2281 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:48:01 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 06:59:28 AM by jd2281

According to someone, when we are holding alt coins, we need to be HODLers if we really wanna be rich. I was like "Okay. Easy-peasy. I will be a HODLer." In 5 months in alt coin world, alas! I have more or less 8 out of 68 coins that have value already. At first, price is stable. It sometimes decreased but it bounces back after that so I planned on holding it longer. Last few weeks, the value of ETH decreased and so of alt coins. I lost 55 %- 75 %  of my coins' price.

My question is, when will I dump? Will I continue being a holder or I will now be a dumper? I also wanna trade but I do not how.  I was kinda confidence in my coins since they seemed to be a good project. Any suggestion guys? Recommendations? Advise? Violent reactions? Feel free to comment down because I need it anyway. Even though I am a little bit old in alt coin world, I still haven't figured out how things really work in this world.

Please help me. Thank you in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
man22555

Activity: 430
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:53:39 AM

Keep HODLing.

The whole marketcap is going down since January, it's not only your coins in particular.
Seems like you don't want to trade which would be the only method to gain profits in times of decreasing marketcap.

Just stay patient and wait for the next explosion in prices; probably around May (like last year and the year before).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
jd2281 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:09:51 AM

Keep HODLing.

The whole marketcap is going down since January, it's not only your coins in particular.
Seems like you don't want to trade which would be the only method to gain profits in times of decreasing marketcap.

Just stay patient and wait for the next explosion in prices; probably around May (like last year and the year before).
Thank you so much sir. I wanna trade too but i do not know how, where and when. I wanna regain the percentage I lost and it is holding me back somehow not to trade yet.
GazWales

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:38:51 AM

Im to stubborn to sell off at a loss, so HODL for me is easy Smiley

It is sad to see 50-70% loss in my portfolio but im confident in the coins i invested in and confident in blockchain tech, with that in mind IMO there is no way this downward trend wont reverse.

Just got to HODL a little longer
0RajA0

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:11:57 AM

According to someone, when we are holding alt coins, we need to be HODLers if we really wanna be rich. I was like "Okay. Easy-peasy. I will be a HODLer." In 5 months in alt coin world, alas! I have more or less 8 out of 68 coins that have value already. At first, price is stable. It sometimes decreased but it bounces back after that so I planned on holding it longer. Last few weeks, the value of ETH decreased and so of alt coins. I lost 55 %- 75 %  of my coins' price.

My question is, when will I dump? Will I continue being a holder or I will now be a dumper? I also wanna trade but I do not how.  I was kinda confidence in my coins since they seemed to be a good project. Any suggestion guys? Recommendations? Advise? Violent reactions? Feel free to comment down because I need it anyway. Even though I am a little bit old in alt coin world, I still haven't figured out how things really work in this world.

Please help me. Thank you in advance.

HODLing is good for long term term players. I prefer to play long term. But if i desired to play it for short term then i ill go through their whitepaper and note the big announcement/implements happening time like big exchange listing or product releasing these are the time to dumb the alt coins. 90% chances have the price jump on those times.
blu.storm

Activity: 320
Merit: 17

free space pm if interessed

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:46:05 AM

I don't think it's time to sell advice a hold strategy at least until the bitcoin is up let s say at a value of $12000

free space pm if interessed
ShokaloM

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:10:07 PM

Nobody can say exactly what you need to do. You can just analize companies - their products, marketing, team, investors.
If there is only one reason in general ETH decreased, that's mean you don't need to sell alt coins

owmivmen

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:04:42 PM

When its a lot of sales rather than purchases and bitcoin prices go down it makes a coin price dump but it does not last long, Just wait some time until the month the price will be normal or rise.
MintDice

Merit: 46

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:08:13 PM

Don't panic. If you are on the fence about trading, or at least just a bit interested there's other ways of getting some experience without actually risking any money. Look into a trading simulator like https://coins2learn.com/

Cheers!
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 04:36:20 PM

If you are keen in liquidating your funds then the best time is when everyone is ready to buy. I follow the principle of great investor Warren Buffet and he says "be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful". Considering the current situation I do believe that this is perfect time to get in and not to get out as we have recently experienced the correction of 65% and I am expecting sustainable growth in the price after the first quarter of this year. However, I consider myself as a long term investor (as trading is not my cup of tea) and thus I rarely dump my Bitcoins.
wallstreetcoin

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 05:28:47 PM

If you have located some good projects with a clear vision and and a hardworking team holding them is your best shot. Whether you should dump now or hold more all depends on how much you have invested and whats the % of growth ever since. Generally speaking, holding until the project is getting mainstream attention is the way to go.
Stonetium

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:11:35 PM

Don't panic. If you are on the fence about trading, or at least just a bit interested there's other ways of getting some experience without actually risking any money. Look into a trading simulator like https://coins2learn.com/

Cheers!

Interesting. What do you use this for specifically?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: