Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 08:25:26 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need fast help  (Read 483 times)
dejant88

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:59:37 AM

Hi, i have found some investitors who wuld like to buy about 200 antminer s9, and so we make an order, now i need to build a room for them, any suggestion how big room i need? how much of heat one miner produce? i was thinking on putting something like 1oo m2  room 3m high. and to put some aircooling on the floor from start to end down on the wall with cold air enter on every 2m.  an summer time it is about 30 degree of celsius outside. here i will post a photo of room how i think it wull be ok. i will like to get some other opinions and critick if i am wrong. ty https://imgur.com/a/aiEJb      https://imgur.com/a/aiEJb    here is the room where blue is cold air in, red are miners and green is opening on roof for cold air out. and also there will be big fan on the floor to push hot air out to opening on roof.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:11:40 PM

a. You have the cart in front of the horse... next time consider and plan all of this BEFORE ordering the equipment!
b. All miners are perfect heaters: 99.9999999% of power in becomes heat out. 1kWh = 3,412.142 BTU/hr. You do the math for the total heat output of 200 miners.

When you have the answer to 'b.' work with a HVAC (Heating, Ventilation And Cooling) contractor and they will design the needed ventilation systems for your building.

Why do people even consider spending 10's or 100's of k$ for equipment and then feel they should DIY the most important technical infrastructure items thinking they will save a few dollars??? Professionals know what they are doing and are well worth it!

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
dejant88

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:47:30 PM

1kWh = 3,412.142 BTU/hr That was wat i was looking for Smiley  i was looking a lot around and figured out that i need HVAC company. not trying to make it cheap, i was lookin for any answer not chep one Smiley it will be a lot bigger place for start.
BitMaxz

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:40:40 PM

1kWh = 3,412.142 BTU/hr That was wat i was looking for Smiley  i was looking a lot around and figured out that i need HVAC company. not trying to make it cheap, i was lookin for any answer not chep one Smiley it will be a lot bigger place for start.
I think not only heat and aircon with 3,412.142 BTU/hr you should calculate also how widely your room is.. because if you have 200 antminer s9 and  had exact amount of airconditioner and not included the space of your room expect that your room will be hot..
I have a portable aircooler here with 14k BTU/hr so i think i can run 4 antminer s9
My calculation for 4 miner is 13,648 BTU/hr So if you have 200 antminer you need 6,824,000 BTU/hr not includes the calculation of space of the room..

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:57:33 AM

To keep numbers more reasonable, once you go above a couple of 10's of kBTU/hr the units become Tonne (org based on heat capacity of 1 ton of ice). Google the conversion.

Key point for this kind of heat load is not cooling it per se (mechanical AC) as it is a matter of removing the hot air as cheaply as possible. Typically that is done by sucking out the hot air and directly bringing in cool outside air through rudimentary filters to keep out bugs, leaves, rain, snow, etc.

ref the pics in Building Canada's Largest Bitmine for ideas.

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
dejant88

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:32:58 PM

ok i think cooling wont be a problem, company will do all.    next thing is what about internet speed for 200 s9 and maybe 50 l3+ ? is it 20Mb/s download and 2Mb/s upload ok?or maybe 50 MB/s
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:24:08 PM

Looking at the data rate graphs for my 2x Avalon 741's at home  down speeds are in the very low 6 to 10Kbit/sec and up is not much higher. That said X100 the 20MB down is fine but the limited up speed is iffy especially once you start using remote monitor software like Awesome Miner which I use. Love it. I'd try for at least 5-10MB upload speed.

dejant88

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:46:59 PM

if 1kWh = 3,412.142 BTU/hr than one miner produce a little more than that, since miner working on 1400W

what is perfect room temperature for best antminer operation, i have read somewhere it is max 40 and best 25?

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:09:22 PM

than one miner produce a little more than that, since miner working on 1400W
well yes and more than 'a little', 1.4x more to be exact...

My farm tolerates up to 95F incoming air during the summer months but is happier using 85F and lower. At the high end my Avalons have to be turned down a bit and pre-autotune s9's also under clocked a tad. Current s9's, just monitor how the chip temps are and if needed reboot so Autotune runs and (maybe) slows them down a little.

dejant88

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:28:09 PM

so if i understund at winter days when it is about -10 to 10C   i only need cold air from outside with some filters for moist, and on hot days very good outtake of hot air from room foloved with aircooling machines.

My farm tolerates up to 95F incoming air during the summer months but is happier using 85F and lower.

so if it is not more than  95F outside you only use air from outside and not aircooling? or that temperature i must set in the room. or that is the same and  i just repetiting myself?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.