Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:36:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DeepOnion is free or a Scam? You judge  (Read 833 times)
Williamsss (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:47:13 PM

Last week DeepOnion changed the rules of their super restrict "airdrop".

With over 4k people in their forum only a fraction of it (around 300) would be allowed to participate in the free airdrop that would run for 40 weeks while others got inexplicably rejections and were blacklisted from the airdrop for "unknown reasons".

This went trough over 16 weeks and now the so called "earlier adopters" of the premined coin, with huge holdings, changed the airdrop rules to "the more you hold the more you get" and new participants must buy 100 tokens to be allowed in the 250k tokens weekly airdrop.

This new rules obviously favored and created a huge gap between the top holders aka earlier adopters to the recently joined participants. Not happy with the huge amount they already get in the airdrop weekly participation they also reward themselves with a support group factor of x2 x3 and x5. This means on top of their huge holdings, they will get a multiplier factor that can get them something like like 100k tokens weight in the airdrop participation.

With this model some Top holders aka earlier adopters got 7000 tokens in the last airdrop while a small fish got 7 coins in the same airdrop with this new distribution model.

Why this resembles a ponzi scheme?

If you go in their forum you will see this earlier adopters, which many are moderators, telling people to work their asses off in bounties to get about 25 tokens or invest their money to increase their airdrop participation and get more "free coins", while they ripping 7000 tokens per airdrop just by "being the earlier adopters" that had the opportunity to accumulate their tokens in a super restrict airdrop in the first 16 weeks.

What is presented as a "free" opportunity of entering in a magical airdrop is in fact a vassalage and constant praise of the "earlier adopters" and how awesome they are and how nobody would be there if it wasn't this first people to start it all while they keep ripping thousands of tokens per airdrop that is currently being sold for over a little $0.50 per token.

To top it all, they run a small side airdrop of 25k tokens that rewards users contributions in their forum. Those "earlier adopters" also participate in it because they are not happy with those 7k they already got in the main airdrop. Instead of leaving this opportunity to the small fish they keep contributing to a higher centralization of the tokens and they get offended if you ask them not to participate in this side airdrop and give a chance to small fish.

Did I said high centralization of the tokens?

2 millions from the 18 millions premined tokens belong to 4 founders, 500k Tokens for each founder (they call it founders reward).

3 Millions is for their development fund.

3 Millions for the bounties.

10 millions is for the "Airdrop" that as you can see 60% is ending up in the same persons pockets those with higher participations shares.

Numbers don't lie. Straight of the bat they old 8 Million tokens and at the end of the "free airdrop" ripping around 6k to 7k per week/team member/moderators people connected to the project will get half of the "free airdrop".

So in total this project team and mods will have in their possession somewhere near 10 to 13 Millions of the all the tokens.

Seems fair right? Ah, and don't bother and try to explain them how this centralization will ruin what could be a good project because they will tell you to go do bounties to increase 25 Onions to your weight.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joshki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:57:57 PM

You covered it quite well.
Williamsss (OP)

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:11:57 PM

Thank you. Feel like others need to understand this "free" model as well. To bad many wont read it because its a long text.
nazzzzz

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:20:26 PM

Damn. didn't see it in this perspective

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:38:04 PM

Thank you. Feel like others need to understand this "free" model as well. To bad many wont read it because its a long text.

Another example of good hyped project is POS Token. They had free airdrops too. Now their Token cost 1$+-. I think that only devs win in such situations with similiar coins  Smiley

nazzzzz

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:23:58 PM

Another example of good hyped project is POS Token. They had free airdrops too. Now their Token cost 1$+-. I think that only devs win in such situations with similiar coins  Smiley

In my opinion the level of transparency of PoSToken in unquestionable. They showed since first moment the contracts of the dev team for development and the first move they made they told in atecipation the community they would do it.

The only movement they did on their funds was 15k tokens that they sold out of the exchanges to not drive the price down and the funds were for a Coinexchange listing. All the other funds from the dev team are intact and they shared 800k tokens out of 1 million. That is 80% and nothing near what we see in the this DeepOnion in question.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:20:43 PM

In this project a number of questions. Regarding the fact that we don't know who exactly is a developer? Or why not on their github open source? why hide it? and we've seen a huge thread on the ONION where it is shown that the project is Scam. A lot of people who were almost at the base of this airdrop now gone.
but even so developers like to try. go according to the roadmap. But I hope that even so rules will revise airdrop

good luck with the project..

High risk high payoff
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:14:59 PM

yet again i am forced to give this one detail that everyone is either not willing to say or forget.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY 100 COINS TO BE A PART OF THE AIRDROP.
 you simply have to have a minimum of 100 coins in your airdrop wallet. you can get these a number of free ways. free giveaways,competitions, bounties, and of course the new sunday airdrop where your deeppoints from the form get converted to deeponions. the more active you are the more you get. i got 415 deeponions last sunday for my forum activity which had nothing to do with my wallet holdings. so to sum up, you do NOT have to invest ANY money into this so how the fuck can it be a ponzi?HuhHuh?

STOP LISTENING TO THE FUDDERS AND MAKE YOUR OWN MINDS UP .YOU ARE ALL MISSING OUT OF THIS BY JUST TAKING THE WORD OF A FEW . LOOK AT HOW MANY ARE FOLLOWING THIS
MatrixMining

Activity: 169

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:27:29 PM

yet again i am forced to give this one detail that everyone is either not willing to say or forget.

you simply have to have a minimum of 100 coins in your airdrop wallet. you can get these a number of free ways. free giveaways,competitions, bounties, and of course the new sunday airdrop where your deeppoints from the form get converted to deeponions. the more active you are the more you get. i got 415 deeponions last sunday for my forum activity which had nothing to do with my wallet holdings. so to sum up, you do NOT have to invest ANY money into this so how the fuck can it be a ponzi?HuhHuh?

STOP LISTENING TO THE FUDDERS AND MAKE YOUR OWN MINDS UP .YOU ARE ALL MISSING OUT OF THIS BY JUST TAKING THE WORD OF A FEW . LOOK AT HOW MANY ARE FOLLOWING THIS

That's right, the "second airdrop" where you get free coins for the official forum activity looks good and allows anybody to get quite a few coins (tens to hudreds) easily just for forum activity. Nobody is forced to buy any coins to get in the airdrop.
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:38:05 PM

That's right, the "second airdrop" where you get free coins for the official forum activity looks good and allows anybody to get quite a few coins (tens to hudreds) easily just for forum activity. Nobody is forced to buy any coins to get in the airdrop.

thankjyou, it's nice to see someone who is not in the main airdrop agreeing. you can get thousands of these over the course of the airdrop and not pay one penny for them
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:46:23 PM

Nobody is forced to buy anything. But the people who do buy, buy in on the hype made by all the people who are getting the coin for free.
And they are not hyping it for the coin but for their own profit. It's just a nasty little vicious circle.

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:47:39 PM

I think the new distribution model is favourable to bagholders but ou too can join them by buying more on exchange, I don't have anything against this project because it is airdropped and anyone can join

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:29:28 PM

The investment (if you elect not to pay for 100 coins) is time and effort. To get 100 coins through non-investment means requires dozens of hours participating on the forums and advertising DO to the masses. This plays the role of broadcasting DeepOnion to new investors to participate in the scheme. Not to mention 7% weekly returns is only marginally above current rate of inflation (which is above 6%). So while you may receive 7 onions/100 your real earnings are less than 1.
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:14:53 PM

Nobody is forced to buy anything. But the people who do buy, buy in on the hype made by all the people who are getting the coin for free.
And they are not hyping it for the coin but for their own profit. It's just a nasty little vicious circle.

That's like saying Bitcoin is unfair b/c early members were able to mine it in seconds for a fraction of a penny in electricity.  Or that NEM is unfair b/c the early signup members got their stake for free and now you have to pay half a million to acquire the same stake. 

I can tell you that I got in on the first DO airdrop and I am no insider.  I dont know dev and had no special conditions.  In fact almost everyone who met the initial requirements were instantly accepted.  Yes there was a period that was hard to get accepted into airdrop but that was b/c it was found out that people were buying and hacking BCT accounts and accuring alot of coins to dump.  After Devs found that out they went through everyting with a fine toothed comb.  Granted it became very slow to get approved, but let's be realisitic.  The team was only like 4 people with 0 ICO funds and sorting through hundreds of application as day.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Haunebu

Activity: 3024
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:25:00 PM

Heard a lot about this coin in recent times and I do not agree with the op in many ways. Firstly, I am not a DeepOnion airdrop participant which is why I am not advertising in any way. Couple of my friends signed up for this airdrop when it was initially launched and received a great stack of onions which they sold for a high profit and earned some good money. Its all about being in the right place at the right time. The early adopters were simply lucky, but that does not make them guilty.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:35:43 PM

I remember when deeponion was first starting up, it seemed obvious to me that it had a pyramid/ponzi scheme structure.
Now with the reward structure how can people not see this as strange?

The first thing you need to ask yourself, in any situation not just crypto, is why would someone give you something for free?
if the answer to that is some storybook fairytale answer (because they want to give back, help out others, build communities, believe in unicorns) than you are just being ignorant and naive and deserve to be scammed.

The "don't have to buy 100" argument is a powerful deflector in that it makes it seem like you have nothing to lose.  This is a common tactic in ponzi schemes.
But look at the big picture, who is actually benefitting the most?
You can rationalize that it's ok because you technically "don't lose anything" but enabling others to benefit greatly over this is you giving away power to others to do what they want with you.

Here's an idea, stay away from these projects even if they dangle "free" in front of you.

Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:36:09 PM

With over 4k people in their forum only a fraction of it (around 300) would be allowed to participate in the free airdrop that would run for 40 weeks while others got inexplicably rejections and were blacklisted from the airdrop for "unknown reasons".

This went trough over 16 weeks and now the so called "earlier adopters" of the premined coin, with huge holdings, changed the airdrop rules to "the more you hold the more you get" and new participants must buy 100 tokens to be allowed in the 250k tokens weekly airdrop.

This new rules obviously favored and created a huge gap between the top holders aka earlier adopters to the recently joined participants. Not happy with the huge amount they already get in the airdrop weekly participation they also reward themselves with a support group factor of x2 x3 and x5. This means on top of their huge holdings, they will get a multiplier factor that can get them something like like 100k tokens weight in the airdrop participation.

With this model some Top holders aka earlier adopters got 7000 tokens in the last airdrop while a small fish got 7 coins in the same airdrop with this new distribution model.

If you go in their forum you will see this earlier adopters, which many are moderators, telling people to work their asses off in bounties to get about 25 tokens or invest their money to increase their airdrop participation and get more "free coins", while they ripping 7000 tokens per airdrop just by "being the earlier adopters" that had the opportunity to accumulate their tokens in a super restrict airdrop in the first 16 weeks.

What is presented as a "free" opportunity of entering in a magical airdrop is in fact a vassalage and constant praise of the "earlier adopters" and how awesome they are and how nobody would be there if it wasn't this first people to start it all while they keep ripping thousands of tokens per airdrop that is currently being sold for over a little $0.50 per token.

To top it all, they run a small side airdrop of 25k tokens that rewards users contributions in their forum. Those "earlier adopters" also participate in it because they are not happy with those 7k they already got in the main airdrop. Instead of leaving this opportunity to the small fish they keep contributing to a higher centralization of the tokens and they get offended if you ask them not to participate in this side airdrop and give a chance to small fish.

2 millions from the 18 millions premined tokens belong to 4 founders, 500k Tokens for each founder (they call it founders reward).

10 millions is for the "Airdrop" that as you can see 60% is ending up in the same persons pockets those with higher participations shares.

Numbers don't lie. Straight of the bat they old 8 Million tokens and at the end of the "free airdrop" ripping around 6k to 7k per week/team member/moderators people connected to the project will get half of the "free airdrop".

So in total this project team and mods will have in their possession somewhere near 10 to 13 Millions of the all the tokens.

Seems fair right? Ah, and don't bother and try to explain them how this centralization will ruin what could be a good project because they will tell you to go do bounties to increase 25 Onions to your weight.

Thank you for creating this thread. Although I'm an advanced user, I learned a lot of interesting things I did not know about. Good luck and thank you again.
gogoprist

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:54:42 PM

I do not know about you, but I'm sure of a 90 percent coin. The developers have already shown that they know how to work as a team. the news is coming out, the guys are working and the idea is very promising. I see no reason to worry so much.

midvoc

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:34:36 PM

this  Wink

all the onions are held by the few and the whole project is now manipulated by the few - if you sign up today and get into this - guess what? YOU ARE TOO LATE TO THE PARTY!!!

Just move on already and find some new opportunities - there will be many i'm sure.
joshki

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:53:18 PM

That's like saying Bitcoin is unfair b/c early members were able to mine it in seconds for a fraction of a penny in electricity.  Or that NEM is unfair b/c the early signup members got their stake for free and now you have to pay half a million to acquire the same stake. 

I can tell you that I got in on the first DO airdrop and I am no insider.  I dont know dev and had no special conditions.  In fact almost everyone who met the initial requirements were instantly accepted.  Yes there was a period that was hard to get accepted into airdrop but that was b/c it was found out that people were buying and hacking BCT accounts and accuring alot of coins to dump.  After Devs found that out they went through everyting with a fine toothed comb.  Granted it became very slow to get approved, but let's be realisitic.  The team was only like 4 people with 0 ICO funds and sorting through hundreds of application as day.

There were 288 people in the airdrop for most of it, and they rejected almost everyone that applied. That completely centralized the coin, and they're doing it even more now.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: