Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:09:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coinvisitor.com - coinvisitor down but not out  (Read 7094 times)
CoinVisitor (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:19:50 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 08:52:50 PM by CoinVisitor

Hi,

A quick message about the current state of what is going on. As you can see the website is down. It began with many coding and development issues and we had a new developer come in. Things moved very slow to almost not at all. Not only did the issues not get fixed development completions consisted of adding some rooms to chat and that was it over several weeks.

The other day I was at work and got a message from one of our moderators asking if the site was down and I went to look and got the information page you see now.
The mod also told me it seems the server had been compromised or something. I had changed the root password the day prior because of the server behavior as of late and did not like the way it was now operating.

Bottom line is the day after I changed the root password the whole site crashed, data is not available and we cannot access files. I use burstnet for servers and I have to say the support is complete.......ummm "junk"

So right now we are trying to access the files again and from the short time in there the original developer and new developer both are saying some very weird things have been done and things changed.

There is more to this than that but I need to confirm some things more before I go into detail. We are working as much as possible to get these things sorted out. I will have more answers as they come in.

One of the main questions will be are our bitcoins safe, the bitcoins are always safe even if they are not. There is always a reserve to cover any incident. The balances on accounts we are unsure of right now. Even so rest assured that those who know us know this will be handled.

We believe all information is safe as nothing was removed according to burstnet's internal logs. Now recovering everything is where we stand right now.  We are fairly sure it is all still there but even if it is not we will double the earnings, add a faucet on the site or something to make sure our users are taken care of.

Give us some time and support please as if you think this stressful to you with as much as we thrive on our customer service we borderline having a stroke..... but once again I have to say we will be back no matter what. We have multiple people working on things and it will just take a little time to get sorted out.

I am back on 12 hrs a day at work from 5 pm to 5 am central time so unavailable to answer emails and other requests at times but I check in at break time for any messages or issues and will read replies or answer emails as i can.

Thanks again for the support and patience we have always gotten and will do our best to get back in a whole lot better shape. And there are some additions to coinvisitor as well you should really enjoy and fatten the crypto wallet more.

If you wish to email direct you can at info@coinvisitor.com and I will update this as i can between tasks.

Kev

(coinvisitor.com)

Earn Free Bitcoin from coinvisitor.com
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iTrader

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 10:03:12 PM

Cheers for the update Kev! Smiley
Sorry to hear about the situation and hope it all gets fixed soon!
raoulbtc

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:21:20 PM

Hi,

A quick message about the current state of what is going on. As you can see the website is down. It began with many coding and development issues and we had a new developer come in. Things moved very slow to almost not at all. Not only did the issues not get fixed development completions consisted of adding some rooms to chat and that was it over several weeks.

The other day I was at work and got a message from one of our moderators asking if the site was down and I went to look and got the information page you see now.
The mod also told me it seems the server had been compromised or something. I had changed the root password the day prior because of the server behavior as of late and did not like the way it was now operating.

Bottom line is the day after I changed the root password the whole site crashed, data is not available and we cannot access files. I use burstnet for servers and I have to say the support is complete.......ummm "junk"

So right now we are trying to access the files again and from the short time in there the original developer and new developer both are saying some very weird things have been done and things changed.

There is more to this than that but I need to confirm some things more before I go into detail. We are working as much as possible to get these things sorted out. I will have more answers as they come in.

One of the main questions will be are our bitcoins safe, the bitcoins are always safe even if they are not. There is always a reserve to cover any incident. The balances on accounts we are unsure of right now. Even so rest assured that those who know us know this will be handled.

We believe all information is safe as nothing was removed according to burstnet's internal logs. Now recovering everything is where we stand right now.  We are fairly sure it is all still there but even if it is not we will double the earnings, add a faucet on the site or something to make sure our users are taken care of.

Give us some time and support please as if you think this stressful to you with as much as we thrive on our customer service we borderline having a stroke..... but once again I have to say we will be back no matter what. We have multiple people working on things and it will just take a little time to get sorted out.

I am back on 12 hrs a day at work from 5 pm to 5 am central time so unavailable to answer emails and other requests at times but I check in at break time for any messages or issues and will read replies or answer emails as i can.

Thanks again for the support and patience we have always gotten and will do our best to get back in a whole lot better shape. And there are some additions to coinvisitor as well you should really enjoy and fatten the crypto wallet more.

If you wish to email direct you can at info@coinvisitor.com and I will update this as i can between tasks.

Kev

(coinvisitor.com)

HAHA!!  "SERVES" you right, fuckers!  get it? serves? lol
might want to talk to your "mod" about how the server was "compromised or something", bitches!
howeth

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:48:32 AM

Thanks for the update! I was wondering why I couldn't get on. Hope you can get it fixed soon!

Donations! HoWethzt6NhZkxd4SRMKPFC6n3NsK7hZd
MultipliedCombo

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 07:04:35 AM

Aw, snap. My mBTC might've been wiped... OH SNAP.

lol, I don't really care.

What happened to the donation address? One of the mods told me it no longer works.

Fidgets

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:19:12 PM

Aw, Kev, that's terrible!  Best of luck getting back up and running.  I know I speak for lots of people when I say I miss the site Smiley.
mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:08:59 AM

Thanks for the update.

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
clock27

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:29:09 PM

do what you gotta do brother your loyal peeps will give you the time you need

iTrader

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 03:31:08 PM

Hi,

Kev

(coinvisitor.com)

HAHA!!  "SERVES" you right, fuckers!  get it? serves? lol
might want to talk to your "mod" about how the server was "compromised or something", bitches!

Sorry if I'm wrong but isn't this a confession?

- Kev, we all appreciate the work you put in to CV and cant wait for future development of it!
I seen it was back with only the chat but that even seems to be gone now Sad
CoinVisitor (OP)

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:47:19 PM

Not sure what you mean by confession.

I was recommended to allow burstnet to change to root password and stop all development until we had a developer in place that could handle it. Goddog came back and got us up again for a little while and then crashed again. And he cannot take on this project any longer and that is where this whole mess started with trying to find replacement.

They changed the password but the damage was already done and I was told this from both goddog and new developer I brought in to try to fix it. Goddog said the file system was destroyed and many weird things were done to it. He had managed to get the chat back up as that was not as damaged.

The new developer had no idea where to begin in the mess and still does not with the earn site. A new rebuild is the best option it seems.

I will be posting about the final status on us in just a few after I post this.

Thanks

Earn Free Bitcoin from coinvisitor.com
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:34:22 PM

Not sure what you mean by confession.

I was recommended to allow burstnet to change to root password and stop all development until we had a developer in place that could handle it. Goddog came back and got us up again for a little while and then crashed again. And he cannot take on this project any longer and that is where this whole mess started with trying to find replacement.

They changed the password but the damage was already done and I was told this from both goddog and new developer I brought in to try to fix it. Goddog said the file system was destroyed and many weird things were done to it. He had managed to get the chat back up as that was not as damaged.

The new developer had no idea where to begin in the mess and still does not with the earn site. A new rebuild is the best option it seems.

I will be posting about the final status on us in just a few after I post this.

Thanks

By confession, I think he may have been referring to the highly immature post made by raoulbtc. We are all behind you 100% Kev, and trust that CoinVistor will return and be the best, as it has always been. Thank you for your continued faith in this project, and for providing a great community. Can't wait for more updates.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
iTrader

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:18:33 PM

Yeah I kind of thought raoulbtc was admitting he'd hacked and taken it down (was a mod than turned bad or something)
nevermind! and yes, best of luck with the future of it and I'm sure one day it will return the best it has been!
Shame I bought advertising the day it went down lol Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: