Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 08:48:12 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Jalapeno 5GH/s not working since Windows 10 version 1709 update  (Read 451 times)
christal

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:48:49 PM

I've been trying for days to get my Butterfly Labs Jalapeno 5GH/s miner working, with either BFGMiner or CGMiner, to no avail.  Angry

My system has multiple USB ports, of both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 variety, and I have tried connecting the BFL Jalapeno to almost every one of them. I have also tried using different USB cables, which didn't make a difference. In Windows, I have removed and deleted the drivers for the BitFORCE SHA256 SC device in device manager, and also reinstalled the device and run ZADIG to get the WinUSB driver to install, as instructed elsewhere. Many disconnects and reconnects and reboots later, still nothing in BFGMiner or CGMiner when I go searching for the BFL Jalapeno as a USB device.

I have Windows 10, which recently updated to Version 1709, and am wondering if this could be the problem? Huh

Anyone out there having similar issues?

If you have, and you've managed to get your BFL Jalapeno to work again, I'd love to hear how you did it! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:26:18 PM

Software questions belong in <drum roll please> Mining Software area where you will find the support threads for BGF and CGminer....

edit: Moved by mods from Hardware to here where it belongs

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 2268

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:57:43 PM

I have Windows 10, which recently updated to Version 1709, and am wondering if this could be the problem? Huh

Dunno, try Windoze 7 and see if it works.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
fanatic26

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:16:26 PM

Just throw the thing away. Calling that piece of hardware useless would be a massive understatement.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:17:44 PM

Just throw the thing away. Calling that piece of hardware useless would be a massive understatement.

Hey, it's a great paper weight although a bit noisy.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:47:09 AM

heh heh, I still have the two 10GHs ones I bought through TigerDirect back on Feb 24, 2014 that got me hooked on Bitcoin. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I be running @ >245THs four years later! Retired the Jala's a few months after getting them in favor s1's which that April finally dropped below $1,500 and then $750 an month after that.

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
christal

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:28:49 PM

I don't run Win 7 anymore. I still have install discs and activation codes, but I'm using the codes on Win 10.
Just hoping (like a needle in a haystack) that someone else here is using a BFL Jalapeno still, and if it works with this latest update to Win 10.

BTW - I'm not going to be using this as a main miner, I have an S7 for that.
I was just hoping to use the hashes from the BFL Jalapeno to do some blockchain lottery!
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:12:04 PM

I don't run Win 7 anymore. I still have install discs and activation codes, but I'm using the codes on Win 10.
Just hoping (like a needle in a haystack) that someone else here is using a BFL Jalapeno still, and if it works with this latest update to Win 10.

Well, since Win 7 is the last version of M$ Winblows I will tolerate I can't help you with that.  But you could post in the BFG Miner and/or CGMiner support thread and maybe get a semi useful answer.
Good Luck

christal

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:43:05 PM

I've just tried it on a clean install of Windows 10 and it worked first go. Checked that it was working fine with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports and no issue. It would seem that Windows 10 has native support for this ASIC as a BitFORCE SHA256 SC. No need for FTDI or ZADIG WINUSB drivers.  Grin

Happy to close this thread if no-one has anything else to add.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.