Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:14:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexander The Great Scamming with executable file.  (Read 1618 times)
xuemike (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:22:27 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236567.0 
First this is my WTS link.

Received a message from Alexander the Great https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=126815

wanting to purchase the lot.  Then promptly sent me a rghost link with a downloadable zipped file to bypass antivirus, he embedded a *.COM file into the link.

He claimed it was a btc-e redeemable coupon, and .com was the http link. 

Just letting the community know about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:24:02 PM

ohh yeah, he did the same to me

is it truly a virus, I moved all my coins out before opening it, I also logged out of all accounts except this one
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:24:57 PM

is it truly a virus, I moved all my coins out before opening it, I also logged out of all accounts except this one

Is that why you're asking people to buy your Avalons without escrow in 3 different threads?

Surpbitcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:33:55 PM

Is that why you're asking people to buy your Avalons without escrow in 3 different threads?

first off, I offered 50% escrow.

second is my name Alexander the great?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:36:33 PM

50% escrow is not escrow, but that is good that you're starting to trust people and understand why you can't be trusted!

You admitted to running a file by him that you said is a virus, so I figured it could be possible that it stole your password and he logged into your account. Who knows. That excuse has been used quite a lot around here for strange behavior.

Surpbitcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:38:56 PM

50% escrow is not escrow, but that is good that you're starting to trust people and understand why you can't be trusted!

You admitted to running a file by him that you said is a virus, so I figured it could be possible that it stole your password and he logged into your account. Who knows. That excuse has been used quite a lot around here for strange behavior.

First off, I ALWAYS offered 50% escrow.

second... I did not get as far as opening the link, I downloaded it, but deleted it right away.

I hope I don't need to throw out my laptop now.

it would be a shame but im willing to do it live!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:40:58 PM

First off, I ALWAYS offered 50% escrow.

second... I did not get as far as opening the link, I downloaded it, but deleted it right away.

I hope I don't need to throw out my laptop now.

it would be a shame but im willing to do it live!

Hehe, I thought you said you ran it, my bad. Just looking out for everyone. Search the forums for recent "oops my account posted something I didn't post" accusations. It's unbelievable how dumb scammers think we all are.

esadee

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:45:49 PM

Surpbitcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:46:56 PM

I got the same shit, I downloaded it but it did not open, I got no .com wtv like the op did.. am I safe?
xuemike (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:47:27 PM

Yes pretty much how my pm went down with him as well
Alexander The Great

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:49:08 PM

This thread brings ignorance to a whole new level. Noobs who know nothing about withdrawal codes accusing me of malaware! Lmao. Run that file through any AV in the world it will come up clean. Its a .com file for fucks sake.
xuemike (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:51:32 PM

This thread brings ignorance to a whole new level. Noobs who know nothing about withdrawal codes accusing me of malaware! Lmao. Run that file through any AV in the world it will come up clean. Its a .com file for fucks sake.

Just because it passes antivirus doesn't mean it's clean. Who sends btc-e codes through damn files that are 2 mb in size or in this fashion or manner.  Especially you gave the SAME link and password to everyone.  Are we suppose to clean out that account at the same time? i'm sure that makes a lot of sense.

Just give this man a scammer tag and put this thread to wasteland. 
Alexander The Great

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:52:03 PM

I can confirm SurpBitcoin and the OP are the same person. look at their bitcoin addresses in signature, exactly the same! Nice fail

EDIT: 2 minutes after posting this they deleted addresses from their signatures
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:52:39 PM

http://filext.com/file-extension/COM

Fail scammer is fail.

You joined a community of hackers and programmers and thought no one would know what a .com file is? Fool.

Alexander The Great

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:56:33 PM

Fail scammer is fail.

You joined a community of hackers and programmers and thought no one would know what a .com file is? Fool.

Yes and we all know your the biggest scammer of them all, now be quite, mr untrustworthy
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:58:13 PM

Date Registered:   June 06, 2013, 02:44:53 AM

Yes and we all know your the biggest scammer of them all, now be quite, mr untrustworthy

Really? You are a new member here who just happens to talk exactly like every other sockpuppet FUD spreader? Now I'm convinced you're a scammer.

Surpbitcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:59:56 PM

Fail scammer is fail.

I think he may be but you never know. I'll bet 1 BTC he turns bad on my sale.

Oh well. time to sell my avalons for 75 btc each.. this sucks but I need the cash.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:05:17 PM

Who are you talking about/to with this response? It's very vague.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:07:45 PM

Nice try, Alexander the Scammer. Or should we call you "foxhole"?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Surpbitcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:10:54 PM

Who are you talking about/to with this response? It's very vague.
I think alex is for sure a scammer, but I don't know. and id be willing to bet 1 btc that he never comes through on the seal he had with me.

I'm not naïve, but until someone other then you says its a virus or wtv I cant be sure
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: