Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 05:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why So Many ICOs — What Does It All Mean?  (Read 1436 times)
contecsion

Activity: 49
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:50:43 AM

ICO is a form of capital mobilization of the starup. It is a very good form but now many ICO projects are formed without good planning, not building the community of interest so go to failure. There are also fraudulent ICO projects. Be careful when investing in ICOs.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:54:48 AM

The world of cryptocurrencies has exploded like never before in 2017. The price of Bitcoin has catapulted to over $7000 for the first time in its history. There has also been an increase in the number of initial coin offerings (ICOs). According to CoinDesk, since Jan 2017, ICOs went from roughly $300 million raised in total since they began in 2014, to $2.7 billion raised as of October.

Read more about it here

Because there are legit projects that really has a clear goal and vision, many shit project ride the wave so that they can established their own ICO - yes to have that special money. If they able to reached the target, then success and up to them if they will push the project or left the money behind.

That's why it's so risky to participate in ICO.

This is precisely the reason I stopped investing in ICOs altogether. It is simply too risky. You need to do so much research and no matter how much you do, there always seems to arise more questions. I am sticking to the big guns - Bitcoin and Ethereum, with the exception of my signature company of course, Angel Token which is a legitimate company and I highly suggest you invest in them because they are 100% REAL and professional.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:44:10 AM

People need money to raise their kids and provide for their family, One of the easiest ways to do that is through ICO and what we love around here is also quick money, We invest on ICO's because when they are listetd on exchanges we could sell our tokens with profit Cheesy Some times we wait for a long time to trade them and some times we know that we've got scammed, Nothing we can do other than keeping it to ourselves, Because we're the only ones to blame.
Vivimubarak

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:47:35 AM

Meaning is, that has been a lot of blockchain technology applied to all businesses and projects, because the fundraising mechanism is faster than conventional transaction methods. But there is a problem that must be considered whether the idea of the developer will be sold so that it can be raise the funds!
Maestro75

Activity: 1960
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 03:09:25 AM

The world of cryptocurrencies has exploded like never before in 2017. The price of Bitcoin has catapulted to over $7000 for the first time in its history. There has also been an increase in the number of initial coin offerings (ICOs). According to CoinDesk, since Jan 2017, ICOs went from roughly $300 million raised in total since they began in 2014, to $2.7 billion raised as of October.
The so many ICOs explains just one thing: that the blockchain is now a lucrative place to channel one's business to raise money, whether to boost an already existing one or to start up a new one. However, this prevalence has also been fraught with scammers. Not all ICOs are genuine. Some devs are plainly out to scam and run.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:53:06 AM

You must be careful on choosing the right ICO and dont easily invest on it because it is too risky. So if you really want to invest, well exoect the unexpected.
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:04:27 AM

the development of bitcoin has been running successfully, coupled with altcoin and ico which always support the success of its bitcoin, it is true this is something very good for bitcoin.

Ealex

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:21:36 AM

Basically, it means that the ICO market is in a bubble, and will burst.
In fact, I believe it is already bursting.
How many of these ICOs are actually successful?
How many people put money into an ico an lose money or not get what they were promised?
How many of these people will do an ico again?

Right now, ICOs get a lot of money off of those new to crypto with dreams of becoming a quick millionare.
Hmmmmm...where are all those millionares that earned it through an ICO?

Also, it is common knowledge now that you can anticipate the prices to crash below the ICO price after it hits exchanges.

So, basically, just cause there's a lot doesn't mean its good.
In fact, it is quite the opposite.

This is what I try to get a lot of people to understand.
ICOs are too good to be true and it has begun to reveal its true nature.
Soon, it will all blow up in a cloud of smoke.
engrshu

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:29:09 AM

Read more about it here
$7,000 for a single Bitcoin is one of the reasons why many altcoins will fail, there will be people that know that the altcoins that they have aren't needed.

Surely btc is the safest coin that we can invest in and I agree that some alts aren't needed but there's still promising projects that will surely bloom and needed in the future.

[
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:49:32 AM

The so many ICOs explains just one thing: that the blockchain is now a lucrative place to channel one's business to raise money, whether to boost an already existing one or to start up a new one. However, this prevalence has also been fraught with scammers. Not all ICOs are genuine. Some devs are plainly out to scam and run.

Yes, that is so true. Many ICOs are indeed profitable and can give us many advantages in a short time. If Bitcoin can provide a lot of benefits in a few years, there are some ICOs that can give a lot of benefits in just a matter of months. But we have to know that new projects or new ICOs always appear all the time and that's too much. Thus many ICO's are scam or fraud. Many people take advantage of blockchain and the popularity of cryptocurrency as a tool to deceive others. Usually they will be shaped like HYIP, which requires people to invest.

But when there are already many people who invest, ICO owners even run away or do not want to develop its own ICO. They will take our money.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:17:40 AM

Basically, it means that the ICO market is in a bubble, and will burst.
In fact, I believe it is already bursting.
How many of these ICOs are actually successful?
How many people put money into an ico an lose money or not get what they were promised?
How many of these people will do an ico again?

Right now, ICOs get a lot of money off of those new to crypto with dreams of becoming a quick millionare.
Hmmmmm...where are all those millionares that earned it through an ICO?

Also, it is common knowledge now that you can anticipate the prices to crash below the ICO price after it hits exchanges.

So, basically, just cause there's a lot doesn't mean its good.
In fact, it is quite the opposite.

This is what I try to get a lot of people to understand.
ICOs are too good to be true and it has begun to reveal its true nature.
Soon, it will all blow up in a cloud of smoke.

I agree. Having to many icos available now and very promising ideas but they all end up in smokes. I gave up investing in ico for that same reason. Btc is the only promising coin for me to hold.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:35:40 AM

Thats mean many startup in the world was growth. But to realize that, they need a big fund from investor. So to make it success they begin from promote to invite many investor like ICO participan from social media, press release and others. Also they made a bounty campaign on this forum to know how much people interested with their project.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
kapipindot

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:41:11 AM

Too many sprouting ICOs meaning there is a big market that is needed to be addressed. Maybe replacing fiat in the near future and changing the currency I guess. But it is also alarming that with this booming currency, some are taking advantage and are using ICO to scam people, people who are unaware and is taking all risk and invest.
stunvn

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:44:45 AM

ICO bubble.

You can have a ready to use token in a blink of an eye. They are selling it everywhere, all you have to do i hire someone to write a whitepaper, a blockchain, an ICO website. And then it's ready to launch. Profit flows in your pocket. After get on an exchange, such as etherdelta (garbage decentrallized exchange for trash token), you sell everything you have. Easy money? Do that again and again.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:48:14 AM

I have learned that a lot of good projects are below ICO price when it hits exchanges. Which will give you more tokens/coins for your budget if you just wait. I have entered three ICOs, all three were successful but I could of gotten more out of it if I waited.

ICOs are very risky, some are scam and some will barely get you break even. They are good for fundraising but they have a bad name, especially with a lot of countries banning them. They need to be regulated for sure.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:54:21 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 09:38:53 AM by Spoetnik

I agree. Having to many icos available now and very promising ideas but they all end up in smokes. I gave up investing in ico for that same reason. Btc is the only promising coin for me to hold.

Noob i hate to be a broken record but you are missing option #3.
*OTHER* currencies...
You see Investards you can salivate over your ROI's with actual real currencies ..something no ICO can ever be.

For example Litecoin is an alternative digital currency like Bitcoin and no it is not an ICO.
The way ICO's work means they can not be a fairly launched open source decentralized digital currency.
Which is what option #3 is all about.

You know it's surprising you NOOBS don't know that.
You are so wrapped up in the ICO hysteria fer teh ROI's HODL MOON profits coins on teh exchangers that you sort of missed the entire point and 8 years of history before you got here.

And what really amuses the shit out of me is you same noobs line up to jiggle your dick-holsters about crypto as though you know things.. Not quite pajeets  Cheesy

The thing is you know what i said above though.
You have been told relentlessly and you all simply ignore the 3rd option and rail on about ICO's.
Sort of like if you all collectively ignore the criticism of the ICO scheme system you can by force and by majority over-ride morality and common sense and legitimize a scammy corrupt centralized "cash grab" system.

Essentially a community take over to lower the bar.

Besides half of you NOOBS that post here all the time are simply the same scammy asshole dev's who are MAKING the "coins".. so your deceitful puppet account faggotry lends you no credence here NOOBS.
Bad is bad.. no matter how much Bitcoin / FIAT profits you make from it.

And lately i see a little trend where noobs are riding the ole ICO's are bad Spoetnik rant coattails.
Problem is you are full of shit.
You follow profits so when the profits evaporate on SCRYPT clones you then show up here en mass to bad mouth them.
Same with ICO's.
And as soon as the profits return you are behind the scenes trading them for profits.
You are in fact 100% full of shit.. faking morality and ideology because it's trendy (thanks to Spoetnik)
But i was here all along livin' the trend pajeets.
You will never be me ROFL  Grin  Cool

How do i know ?
Because all ICO's are scammy by design but each and every single one of you out there are going to line up to forever play the *some* routine cliche'd retort.
Yup... they are bad, ohhh so bad ..except the one i am bag holding of course  Cheesy

..or made that i am defending on theTalk with sock-puppet accounts.

You know shitbirds it's a bit late to line up to talk shit about ICO's when your trade history clearly shows you were all along supporting them for profits.. or making them.

Hell i just looked and i seen 16,000 ANN topics and last month i seen 14,000.
This shit is simply ridiculous.  Roll Eyes
And you know it which is why you are faking this morality routine *now.

FUD first & ask questions later™
EMS-007

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:16:37 AM

Those many ICOs that are released everyday were a pretty sign that many are adopting Cryptocurrency as a form of new tech payment, asset or whatsoever!
The sad news is that many also take this opportunity to scam those fundraisers or known as Investors!
Cool
bixiiMaphi321

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:29:41 AM

Many new Icos these day mean crypto is start a new bubble now.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:42:49 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 06:31:15 AM by Spoetnik

Those many ICOs that are released everyday were a pretty sign that many are adopting Cryptocurrency as a form of new tech payment, asset or whatsoever!
The sad news is that many also take this opportunity to scam those fundraisers or known as Investors!
Cool

Nice fairy tale.. know anymore interesting stories ?
Making 10,000 different currencies does not equate to usage in the slightest.
It simply means more assholes showed up to profit off all the pyramid scheme "tokens" being pumped and DUMPED.

I keep telling you 3 post NOOB accounts here you are stupid and it doesn't seem to sink in.
And i am not saying that to be mean or anything you just post dog shit drivel incessantly.

PS:
Every single person in the Altcoin scene is a NOOB.
All of them lowered the scammy bar.
Anyone not a noob talking i don't recognize or recall seeing them post in the ALT section before.
..probably a lot of *bought accounts.

FUD first & ask questions later™
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 09:55:43 AM

Maybe people are right...we are in the biggest bubble of this century. There are too many useless ICO right now it's kinda scary in my opinion. A month ago I saw an ICO called "useless Ethereum token" or something like that and they raised 70k usd...I don't understand why did they put money in this kind of project. ICO are like startup and most of it will fail so be careful with what you invest.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: