Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4472 times)
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:31:39 AM

Trading is like a waiting game, when you have the guts to wait for the price to increase, then wait. Also, don't be greedy in trading. When you saw that there is a profit in that coin you were trading, make your exit point so you won't regret when the price goes low again. To be sure you don't sell off very early on just back up your wallet keys safely avoid monitoring how your currencies are performing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:56:33 AM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Perhaps it is time to change some investment strategies? You might want to go for long term holding. That is a perfect option left for you. At least you will not be able to miss any strong pump. Instead of earning just a little profit from the growth, you are going to get the fullness of your coin's growth. But be prepared to ride with both the smooth and the rocky road if you are going to shift to long term holding. That is where I am right now. Sometimes, I ignore the prices if the market is red.
Destnhel

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:50:41 AM

Patience is a virtue for a real good trader. If you always fear holding, you knew it in yourself that you are loosing possible huge amount of money in the future. As I can see it, the best way to overcome the fear of holding as to waiting, you need to try it. There's no harm in trying in the first place. Try it, until you eventually realize what good it has and what betterment it can make to your investments and tradings. It may not look easy, but we always must keep in our mind that traders were always risk takers everytime. Just like selling, holding is as much as dangerous as it is. Same as those who has fear pf selling, just do the vise versa. You would not know the outcome if you will not try.
MMS2017

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:23:24 AM

If you want to minimize the dear of holding or you want to remove the risk it is up to the personal decision like for me i do not want to invest in only one coin but to invest in multiple and few of them should be secure and in this way we can also increase our wealth by doing this for long term and bitcoin should also used for future so if we do any thing in this for long term we can over come the fear of holding.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Bustart

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:10:52 AM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Perhaps it is time to change some investment strategies? You might want to go for long term holding. That is a perfect option left for you. At least you will not be able to miss any strong pump. Instead of earning just a little profit from the growth, you are going to get the fullness of your coin's growth. But be prepared to ride with both the smooth and the rocky road if you are going to shift to long term holding. That is where I am right now. Sometimes, I ignore the prices if the market is red.
In this volatile and young market, it is very important to learn how this technology works. Holding may be good but when it's over I think it's no longer better. Sometimes we need to face our fears and be patience or us to grow. But don't forget to set a limit and be strategic.

▄▄▄█▄
   ▄▄███ ▄▄███████ ███▄▄
  █████▀████████████▐████
   ▀▀▀  █▄██▄▄██▄██ ▀▀▀
     ▄███▀██▀▀██▀███▄
 ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
███████████▄▄▄▄███████████
 ███  ▀███▀▀██▀▀███▀  ████
█████                 ████
  ████  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██  ███
   ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████
    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.DopeDoge...The Token That Revolutionized..
..The Weed Industry.................
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ▐██████
███████ ▌    ███ ▌   ▐██████
███████ █▌    █ █▌   ▐██████
███████ ██▌    ██▌   ▐██████
███████ ███▌  ███▌   ▐██████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
demitazh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:18:46 AM

In this volatile and young market, it is very important to learn how this technology works. Holding may be good but when it's over I think it's no longer better. Sometimes we need to face our fears and be patience or us to grow. But don't forget to set a limit and be strategic.
You are absolutely right, when the market is not normal, it is very difficult to read the movement, faced with two choices, hold or cut loss?

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:26:11 PM

You are absolutely right, when the market is not normal, it is very difficult to read the movement, faced with two choices, hold or cut loss?
crypto market is always abnormal because all cryptos are volatile and that is the reason why you cant possibly read their movements. we should always learn how to decide and accept our descisions because investing or hodling requires more of it.  We need to face those fears in order to overcome them.  you should not also regret whenever you loose and shouldnt be afraid to loose because loosing is definetly normal and it also happen to all of us , not only in you.
zapata

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:37:26 PM

I'm not an expert trader so I also tend to be a bagholder most of the time. What I can suggest with regards to your question is to just believe in the project! Seriously, no one knows what will happen to crypto in the next few years. But if you have good knowledge of cryptocurrency you will recognize an impairment of Bitcoin at this stage is temporary
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:37:38 PM

Well if we keep on holding while that bitcoin of your's after all sort of selling it and convert to cash went out stagnant, then maybe it's a good choice to hold it while price is still have a good potential to rise higher. By having a self-confidence, you can overcome your fear of holding because you are the one who will decide if you will trade it now or later
Miracleismyidol

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:37:48 PM

I really dont fear on holding them because its an investment that I can afford to lose. The returns will be more higher if you just hold it but all of us should keep mind that making a target from your investment to your desire profit will be the best to harvest it. To argue that you have not earned after a while is the easiest. Since the event has already occurred and you see the resul
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:38:44 PM

crypto market is always abnormal because all cryptos are volatile and that is the reason why you cant possibly read their movements. we should always learn how to decide and accept our descisions because investing or hodling requires more of it.  We need to face those fears in order to overcome them.  you should not also regret whenever you loose and shouldnt be afraid to loose because loosing is definetly normal and it also happen to all of us , not only in you.
The loss usually happen for the investor. On the trading journey, you can not evade the loss, because without loss, you can not become the professional trader and improve your spirit. Some traders wish they have more losses to know which thing they should do and solution to solve the loss. A trader never know the loss will lose all money someday.
kramr

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:21:33 PM

Don't panic if BTC went dumping. Because the reason you are hodling is because you want to earn and not loose if you sell because the market is dumping you don't know what BTC is capable in doing.
Kamarah

Activity: 268

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:43:14 PM

how to overcome the fear of handling? You just want to think that you can and just trust yourself and your fears will go away because of your confidence in yourself. always trust to yourself
Hard to trust in ourself when we see our balance keep falling and falling. If you want to trust yourself, you need to prove that you are good in trading and good in analyzing things.

riderinred

Activity: 162
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:23:48 PM

how to overcome the fear of handling? You just want to think that you can and just trust yourself and your fears will go away because of your confidence in yourself. always trust to yourself
Hard to trust in ourself when we see our balance keep falling and falling. If you want to trust yourself, you need to prove that you are good in trading and good in analyzing things.

Deep down I am very stubborn. So this is what works for me:
If I sell now, I accept a loss of X%. I will give in, admit that this trade was wrong AND lose money.
As I am stubborn I hate giving in and admitting that I am wrong.
Everybody in their right minds hates losing money.

This way my hands are like an army of 3k instead of 300 Spartans.

It does not make my calls better, but hell no I am not gonna sell for a big loss.

You are your worst enemy and your best ally.
I am just some guy with a keyboard.
Jaci

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:14:37 PM

I am a crypto currency and Forex trader. I’m work in this online market around 5 years ago but now a days I’m start crypto currency trading. I’m not expert with crypto currency trading although I’m a Newbie here, I’m not a day trading I’m only overcome my money with a long time holding. If you want to recover your money in this time you must hold your altcoin because in this time total crypto market is very dump so no way to recover your money without holding.
Mokter

Activity: 180

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:23:20 PM

Well holding is just like saving maybe yo overcome fear of holding is quite different from investing saving is really nothing to be fear about because it has a big possibility that we  can earn through holding specially in bitcoin .maybe people who fear in holding had doesnt much experience on crypto curency and  maybe they dont have enoughf experience on it .
The easiest way to avoid fear of holding is invest and just forget about it. At first fix a long term plan. Then purchase and hold as per your planning. After purchasing forget about what you have and look forward to reach at your destination as per your plan. Then sell and realize profit.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:37:22 PM

Well holding is just like saving maybe yo overcome fear of holding is quite different from investing saving is really nothing to be fear about because it has a big possibility that we  can earn through holding specially in bitcoin .maybe people who fear in holding had doesnt much experience on crypto curency and  maybe they dont have enoughf experience on it .
The easiest way to avoid fear of holding is invest and just forget about it. At first fix a long term plan. Then purchase and hold as per your planning. After purchasing forget about what you have and look forward to reach at your destination as per your plan. Then sell and realize profit.

Yes the best way to hold your money for a long time is making a pre plan about that currencies will guve you a confident and some strategy about holding from my side it is the best way to relax from holding tension .
SkustaClee

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:57:21 PM

You can overcome your fear of holding by improving your emotions especially your patience. You should keep in your mind that holding can help you to make more money. If you don't hold your bitcoins, you will lose the opportunity to earn big amount of money in the future where the price of the bitcoin goes up.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:54:11 PM

There is no doubt that holding our coins in these difficult times of downward markets seems a bit foolhardy, but I am convinced that only people with a brave heart deserve wealth in the long term.

But we must also be aware that this market is just in an initial phase and still has a lot of room to grow, so I think that at this time we can not even imagine the price that can reach the coins that we seem willing to sell today for a few cents.
Lernerz

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:57:03 PM

I'm convincing myself that behind the crypto currencies there is a strong foundation, tens of years of research of serious scientists and progress in encryption. We can not abolish Newton's law of gravitation. As well as it is impossible to stop or prohibit crypto-currencies. The main thing is to invest in really promising developments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: