Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:29:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4471 times)
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:00:28 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.
 Waiting around for more and more money?
It is not that simple, but it is possible.
There are few things that you should do while holding(lets suppose you bought coins and you want to hold them for few years)
-Forget about them
-Don't listen to FUD
-Don't read news
-Come back after few years and sell them.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold.
Traders trade and investors hold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:01:25 PM

What I am doing is buy coin and live it for what ever happened because I have an objective to sell them by 2019. I am holding them for long term purpose and my objective is that if any of them can go 10× I will recover my investment and the remaining will be my profits.
CheatingCoins

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

Do what needs to be done.

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:02:29 PM

Fear of holding ? Did you know that any holder that purchased this year BTC have earned 1k% roi ?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:14:00 PM

Fear of holding ? Did you know that any holder that purchased this year BTC have earned 1k% roi ?

That doesn't really address the OP's question. The risk profiles of buying at $8200 today vs. buying at $750 in January are very different. While I do think that BTC will climb higher as we head into the new year, I would be very nervous about long term investment at this level.

If I were buying in for the first time today, I'd probably be looking to sell on a 50-100% gain, then re-buy during the eventual crash. The parabola can't continue forever. It might feel like a "new paradigm" now, but there will be some brutal shakeouts along the way to million dollar bitcoins.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:18:51 AM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

That depends on what are you holding man, I only trade main cryptocurrencies, for example, Ripple and ETH, but I never trade BTC. Because that's where I'm putting 30% of my earnings. In my opinion most of the traders dont hold, but they observe the market (if you are a Full time trader) they are observing the coins that would likely to go up and then take advantage of the pumps and dumps. This is so time consuming and sometimes will give you a headache. Full time trading are for those people who really want to earn, sometimes a minute late in trading gives you a lot of losses. Always set your price and always safe your funds before going to sleep or else your coin might lose the price in the other day.

It's not just waiting, its observing, solving and making the best returns possible, it's not holding its waiting patiently on what is the best time to sell. Trading is not just the casual hold and sell at higher prices. Trading is between the extremes of buy and sell. If you just want to hold then go tot BTC or ETH instead.

Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:37:01 AM

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

That depends on what are you holding man, I only trade main cryptocurrencies, for example, Ripple and ETH, but I never trade BTC. Because that's where I'm putting 30% of my earnings. In my opinion most of the traders dont hold, but they observe the market (if you are a Full time trader) they are observing the coins that would likely to go up and then take advantage of the pumps and dumps. This is so time consuming and sometimes will give you a headache. Full time trading are for those people who really want to earn, sometimes a minute late in trading gives you a lot of losses. Always set your price and always safe your funds before going to sleep or else your coin might lose the price in the other day.

It's not just waiting, its observing, solving and making the best returns possible, it's not holding its waiting patiently on what is the best time to sell. Trading is not just the casual hold and sell at higher prices. Trading is between the extremes of buy and sell. If you just want to hold then go tot BTC or ETH instead.

Well, for me holding is a form of savings because you can make it anytime to sell. But you have to control your emotions weather some bad news and speculation formulating to make you panic don't easily get in because thats what you failled in doing your dreams to be true.
ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:50:50 AM

Simply forget about your coins. Stop to read any news related and stop to check the price daily or 2-3 times a day. You will have less stress and so less fear of your coins. Do it at least 1 month and you will see. 1 month is nothing in a life. After a month just do your usual stuff once a week, check the rate, read some news, ect, close everything and keep rolling the life.
I do not think that this is the right solution for that. How can person ignore his investment and specially if he is a short term trader, he need to check the price from time to time and take a right decision in a right time. I think best option can be to invest such amount of money that we can easily bare to lose. Through this way I think we can minimize the fear of holding bitcoin or any other altocin.
To root out your fears you have to learn and understand about the rise and fall in bitcoin prices so you can predict though not very accurate but that could be the foundation you can use to eliminate fear. You should also pay attention to the bitcoin market and always listen to the latest news about bitcoin so you can see your future plans.
mrbnson

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

X-Block.io

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:59:16 AM

I'm not much of a holder but I think it comes from a really strong inner belief that the value of the coin will continue to increase, if you do not have this then it is only logical that you would sell the coin as you do not 'fully' believe in it.
adiksau0414

Activity: 434

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:17:38 AM

Overcoming fear is hard especially when this happens repeatedly. People hold their coins in the hope of gaanong its value and selling it to the highest price and gain profit from it. We are just sometimes afraid or we experience panicking of what if the will fall,  i should maybe sell it while There's only small profit or what if i don't hold it?  The value might skyrocket and miss the opportunity.  One thing we should take in mind, we just need to not to panic.  This will lead is to much bigger loss. And your experience will be your shield against this fear.

deniskiely

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:21:45 AM

Overcoming fear is hard especially when this happens repeatedly. People hold their coins in the hope of gaanong its value and selling it to the highest price and gain profit from it. We are just sometimes afraid or we experience panicking of what if the will fall,  i should maybe sell it while There's only small profit or what if i don't hold it?  The value might skyrocket and miss the opportunity.  One thing we should take in mind, we just need to not to panic.  This will lead is to much bigger loss. And your experience will be your shield against this fear.
I think overcome the fear depend on the experiences, if you get that trouble you will know how to overcome it in the next day. Facing it always is a big problem with traders who don't have experiences.
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:38:19 AM

What I am doing is buy coin and live it for what ever happened because I have an objective to sell them by 2019. I am holding them for long term purpose and my objective is that if any of them can go 10× I will recover my investment and the remaining will be my profits.
I am sorry friend but I disagree, it will not solve the problem. Its depend on what coin is that you hold, if you hold btc or eth, it will be fine but you will still afraid if you hold  the other coin. Fundamentals is very important to considers any investment type.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:52:52 AM

There are few things that you should do while holding(lets suppose you bought coins and you want to hold them for few years)
-Forget about them
-Don't listen to FUD
-Don't read news

I would like to disagree on some points here. I still think that it's important for an investor to read the news and be updated with the current events. Even though some may draw out fear or would make one to panic sell, I still think that being up to date is still pretty important because this may help you in making financial decisions especially for investors.

There will always be that fear and I would want to point out that it's because there is a risk in investing so the best way would be to just continue to have faith in your investment.
ZeXXX

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:59:28 AM

personally, i wont hold the altcoin except bitcoin itself, it makes me scared to hold the altcoin, moreover the bitcoin price is rising up, if you want to hold some altcoin, better you do a research to altcoin that be your target, know the dev and the team and search the history of that coin.
kengeorge21

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:59:54 AM

-Forget about them
-Don't listen to FUD
-Don't read news

I would like to disagree on some points here. I still think that it's important for an investor to read the news and be updated with the current events. Even though some may draw out fear or would make one to panic sell, I still think that being up to date is still pretty important because this may help you in making financial decisions especially for investors.

There will always be that fear and I would want to point out that it's because there is a risk in investing so the best way would be to just continue to have faith in your investment.
True, regardless of any news and FUDs it is still your decision to make how long you will hold your investments, it's not easy to do specially when you are too skeptical of your earnings.
all I can say is be brave enough to hold your coins and just do proper research and analysis to maximize the Gain you will realize in the future.

dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:04:16 AM

Holding only depends on one's understanding and perception. If you treat HOLDING as an additional income then it will affect your decision and emotion, such as there is a gradual increase or decrease of its price which you might eventually do either buy or sell, which you think will favor you most. I don't think of holding as an additional income, even for a long-term. I just save all my cash w/c are all converted into bitcoin and think of it like the money I saved in the bank. Also, it might help overcome your fear if you reduce believing in such people opinion(s), the important thing is your faith and trust on the coin that you have invested in. Lastly, don't think too much of the coin that you save / hold, think that they don't exist at all, it will reduce your stress or tension especially if there's another update or news regarding the coin that you are holding.
ictin

Activity: 258

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:04:45 AM

By the way, you also received profit already. You should not too greedy. If you sell at low price, you can buy it again if you think that it will continue go up in the fututre

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:20:32 AM

No, holding is only for the moment when there are no great trade or you doubt about the coin, when you build more experience you will know what will the maximum price and when to sell the coin, it takes years of practice to do that, all of us understand the fear of losing money and all traders ever being there, but if you keep on learning you will surpassed your fear and become big trader
LRPchange

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:32:25 AM

If you believe in certain coins, just simply HODL.
Allocate certains funds for regular trades.
Make profit.
Put some more for HODL.
Trade and repeat.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:21:59 AM

The holding can’t be fear for you if your strategy is good for making good amount of profit. When you invest your money into different coins then from one coin if you get loss then from another you will compensate the loss. The currency like bitcoin is good for it’s value if you hold your amount in bitcoin you will be fear free.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
deniskiely

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:25:32 AM

Fears are the most scared experiences that most of us have to been through . But it if you made it, it will be the most valuable lesson for you to become success.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: