Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:59:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4471 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:40:38 PM

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Whenever I receive some altcoin or a token, I sell 50% of it (for either Bitcoin or fiat cash) and keep the remainder for long-term storage. So far, this strategy has worked for me. It has helped me to maintain a healthy balance in BTC, and at the same time, I have profited out whenever an altcoin or token was pumped.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ClarksonI

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:58:49 PM

Trading is really interesting because it puts you in front of all your faults
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 01:36:41 PM

Yes, dealing with fear such a nice strategy to get good return at the end. As I follow, invest what you are comfortable losing. Even, I have been a long time watcher but never invested before. That also work well.
repsol

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:53:05 PM

as a new trader I often sell at a cheap price, but if in a few weeks the price will rise, I continue to learn how to analyze and predict the highest price so as not to make mistakes to sell coin with cheap price.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                   
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:43:08 PM

Best tip yet is to avoid monitoring your coins’ market value; it will just make you paranoid. What I do is I usually try to forget about for a while like a whole month or so. When trading, make sure that you have other means of making money, like a job or a business so you won’t be itching to sell early. One time, I had to wait for 7 months which in the end gave me multiplied my investment 5X.
In short, we should not focus and look at the price every day but sometimes we should still look at the price, not to forget it because if we forget, sometimes its price is pumped and we do not know, we will waste a great opportunity to make money. And we should sell when the price of the coin we hold at a reasonable price, we should not be greedy and hold for a long time because the price of bitcoin is always increasing over time, it can affect the price of altcoin. Finally, we should accumulate more information and knowledge, that gives us confidence in holding because we have reason and basis to rely on

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:38:32 PM

Praticing everyday for few months you will pass the fear feeling. the fluctiation is a normal thing of the market. That will help you get money if you have skill.
over time, you will even be less bothered about the coin you got because it would have risen so much in price that anything that would get it back down to the value you bought it would not even be something that would likely be possible to happen.

Fluctuation is normal and the way the crypto market is, it is more like being in a stock market, some will do well, some will not but at the end of the day, you will get a huge benefit from them in the long run.
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:01:47 PM

The best way to overcome fear while holding bitcoin is to focus your energy on another thing that way you can  have a peace of mind.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 07:51:48 PM

Praticing everyday for few months you will pass the fear feeling. the fluctiation is a normal thing of the market. That will help you get money if you have skill.
over time, you will even be less bothered about the coin you got because it would have risen so much in price that anything that would get it back down to the value you bought it would not even be something that would likely be possible to happen.

Fluctuation is normal and the way the crypto market is, it is more like being in a stock market, some will do well, some will not but at the end of the day, you will get a huge benefit from them in the long run.
I had a fear of keeping Bitcoin when the price was still 6000 dollars for one Bitcoin. But when Bitcoin reached $ 20,000, I was both happy and surprised. I did not regret that you kept me in your wallet. But for today, after the next collapse I again start to worry, and whether it is necessary to me to buy and again to store. I think that Bitcoin will return to 20,000 dollars and my act will be correct.
adsdas

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:01:04 PM

I think you must practice many times to have experience. Besides, preparing knowledge carefully is also the good way to pass your feeling.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
cicciobtc
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:36:16 PM

you can hold a part of money you're willing to lose!
 in this way you will not panic to hold your btc (or other cryptocurrencies) for a long time.
Then when you are satisfied with the value achieved, it is right that you change them.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
P5YCH0x

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:40:10 PM

you can hold a part of money you're willing to lose!
 in this way you will not panic to hold your btc (or other cryptocurrencies) for a long time.
Then when you are satisfied with the value achieved, it is right that you change them.

Yup i used to go all in then quickly cash out until i realized i was spending most of my day panicking about market crashes. lesson learned.  Grin
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:57:46 PM

I think you have nothing to worry about holding. Because even the price of bitcoin is not that good stability, it changes up and down from time to time , but we know that biycoin will never end and crashed, so lets just keep holding and continue investing

Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:05:59 PM

We should not fear about holding, the reason is despite the price of bitcoin is unstable,  it gets low and high from time to time , but we know that bitcoin will never end and crashed, just keep holding and take the risk of investments.
CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:59:01 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 09:51:21 AM by CopMom

The fear of holding a crypto is sure many people have encountered, and can overcome it is not simple at all. According to me, every person has to have a specific goal for yourself when holding a crypto. When the crypto reaches the expected exchange rate, it should be sold for the profit rather than greed that the holding is at risk of loss. And it is important to monitor the crypto index continuously when there are signs of falling in the exchange rate should buy more than holding and focus on investing in other currencies. Learn how to control your emotions when investing as well as holding a crypto.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:01:28 AM

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Whenever I receive some altcoin or a token, I sell 50% of it (for either Bitcoin or fiat cash) and keep the remainder for long-term storage. So far, this strategy has worked for me. It has helped me to maintain a healthy balance in BTC, and at the same time, I have profited out whenever an altcoin or token was pumped.
strategy is important to gain profit, sometimes when the price goes up, I do not sell all the coins I have, I'll leave a few percent maybe 25% just in case when my choice is wrong, if after I sell then the price is higher and I can return more profit by selling my 25% coin, and if the price drops it will not too hurt me, the strategy will make what you do to be directional, so make your own strategy for trading mate it will help you
djgtr

Activity: 951

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:02:31 AM

We should not fear about holding, the reason is despite the price of bitcoin is unstable,  it gets low and high from time to time , but we know that bitcoin will never end and crashed, just keep holding and take the risk of investments.
It is a matter of choice  so then i suggedt everyone to think possitive  sow hwt if we are not gaining atleast we   can really learn hear alot of  things wrong decision is really a part of life to make us prudent enoughf in the near future in handling the a different kins of situation and we dont have yo be afraid of everything.
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:36:29 AM

There always choices, as you consistent to your own choice. If you want to play you need to have opit target as how much % from capital financial. But if you hold it, draw it when you really need it.

That's right, you need to know that you must have high determination and confidence to get what you want. Wink
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:46:35 AM

strategy is important to gain profit, sometimes when the price goes up, I do not sell all the coins I have, I'll leave a few percent maybe 25% just in case when my choice is wrong, if after I sell then the price is higher and I can return more profit by selling my 25% coin, and if the price drops it will not too hurt me, the strategy will make what you do to be directional, so make your own strategy for trading mate it will help you

selling 25% if the price goes up is a good strategy so we can have a profit and we can prepare to buy back the coin if the coin is down and it will down after the price increase. besides that, if we do this, we have another chance to make another profit if the price continues to increase so we can sell it 25% or more to make a bigger profit. but I think we need to make our own strategy that will work best for us for a long term.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:11:16 AM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

try to be more patient. Obviously, you lost a lot of money due to the fact that you was very worried about any jump in the market. you should learn better the trading, and become wisely dispose of the investments Wink
Your heart not gonna let you there patience with the fucking dump from sharks or whales. It's better is don't look at the news, don't search the price just let it there.
Like they always say; if you cannot deal with it, then stay the heck away from it. It is tough ride, no doubt and there will always be some days where the market can go crazy on the negative side, so the best thing to always do is to try as much as possible to control one's emotion knowing that in the long term you will be making a lot of money or just abandon what you have somewhere and come back maybe in 5 years’ time.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:18:29 AM

Some will say with good strategy other will say not to fear some will say sell now buy latter.

In any way if you hold some coins and you think its the right time then use it or just make sell of some amount and keep the rest its better like this. Maybe amount that you keep can be moved to another coin and hope for income. Patience is key in this if you can control yourself then it can be good for you at the end.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: