Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:22:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4472 times)
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:34:05 AM

In order not to feel fear for investment, you must initially buy reliable coins. First we need to study them very carefully to understand if the coin has prospects for growth. Then it remains only to wait and not pay attention to temporary falls. One way or another there will be growth and no reason for panic.
Another to add is to take a look for the coins that are not being pump or a blue chip coins that are atill new and not known to many people. There are alot of opportunities out there you don't need to chase those high coins just because of 'FOMO' and you te d to lose.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:23:30 PM

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Whenever I receive some altcoin or a token, I sell 50% of it (for either Bitcoin or fiat cash) and keep the remainder for long-term storage. So far, this strategy has worked for me. It has helped me to maintain a healthy balance in BTC, and at the same time, I have profited out whenever an altcoin or token was pumped.
This is something I have always done as well for a while and at least with that you will have less worries with what you are holding, knowing that you have been able to make enough from it. Most times though for some coins with prospect, once I sell, I buy back at a low value and watch out for when it picks up again and that keeps making my holding even more in size until I am sure I am good to take out certain percentage of them into BTC or ETH.
rejin29x

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:23:29 AM

First of all all potential altcoin and token will always rise as time passes.but sometimes trader think by gaining small profit they should sell now to gain profit from other coin ,it sometimes backfire as coin pump after few days after you sell it then you regret for selling.so it is up to trader to hold or gain short term profit.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:37:37 AM

First of all all potential altcoin and token will always rise as time passes.but sometimes trader think by gaining small profit they should sell now to gain profit from other coin ,it sometimes backfire as coin pump after few days after you sell it then you regret for selling.so it is up to trader to hold or gain short term profit.
That's sometimes in my thoughts, How about if I do sell right now since I earned almost 10 times of my coins then will going to buy some potential coins again. That was my always words in my self. Since trading is like buying and selling I believe that if you already satisfied in what price you want or it's already reach your goal price then sell it. Move on to the next coins since you get what you want that's my strategy. We are nit all the same we have different ways on how to become rich with this.
jinx029

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:37:48 AM

Why fear if you HODL good coins ? being fear about this can't help you on your financial needs. Holding is really and investing that you are taking risk for a brighter future and if you really HODL bitcoin then you probably nothing worry about because this is our future.
arief89

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:29:49 PM

All I do is think positive, because with positive thinking there will be no fear to hold and hold it. So the fear will disappear by itself when positive thinking.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:35:15 PM

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Whenever I receive some altcoin or a token, I sell 50% of it (for either Bitcoin or fiat cash) and keep the remainder for long-term storage. So far, this strategy has worked for me. It has helped me to maintain a healthy balance in BTC, and at the same time, I have profited out whenever an altcoin or token was pumped.
This is a less risk strategy, since you already ensure the half half and the possibility of loses will only bary in some time, and will not allow to lose it since will hold it till it pumped.
That is one good way to manage risk on your holdings. You take half of the profit most especially in tokens and put into more reliable coin you can trust and then leave the rest and HODL without bothering much what happens with it at the end. BTC is a good option, knowing that it is unstoppable and at least you have a guarantee of a steady increase without waking up one day to realize that your holding has turned shitty.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:35:50 PM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

Hello squatz1,

Been there many times!! I am planning to start intra-day trading the crypto markets once I figure out a safe and reliable broker to use with MT4.

I understand the feeling. You take a take trade, making money, now should I exit, but what if it keep going, what if turn around on me, what about the next trade, i will feel like an idot if I miss this trade.

Questions:

1. What is your rule for profit taking?

2. Why is that your rule for profit taking? Do you have any statistically or proven evidence for this profit taking rule?

3. If you have evidence that taking profit early will overall keeping you making money consistently, why be upset when take profit? For example, if I had some type of proof from a back test or some guru trader saying "goodoboy, every trade you take 100 pts and you will make $40K in a year" i will definitely take 100 pts per trade.

You see what I mean. It's not about 1 or 2 trade, it's about consistently doing what's in your rule book for 1000 trades tha will earn you $XX,XXX per year. The rule book can be a gut feeling, dog whisper, paid service, etc. Your job is a trader is to be an unemotional money maker.

I hope that make sense.

Good read. I have subscribing to the trading discussion as of late because I myself want to try my hand in trading, since the usual way, which is ICOs, where I gain most of my holdings are not doing good right now. Although the cryptocurrency market is not in a good state due to the falling value of bitcoin and altcoins, I think trading is still a promising venture because of its active and hands-on aspect of trying to earn profit. With that said, I think holding is one key part of trading, and one should see it as a trade move; however, it involves a lot of patience since every move in the cryptocurrency market may end up in whack. However, it is part of the venture you delved in to. I think to remove the idea of holding in vain, one should set some time markers to check if the move of holding is actually going somewhere or not.

Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:59:33 PM

All I do is think positive, because with positive thinking there will be no fear to hold and hold it. So the fear will disappear by itself when positive thinking.
Thinking posotive can really help us avoid selling our coins that on lose if we are investors. But if we are doing day trade then we should know how to cut loss and transfer to another coin that can give us profit.
logan16j

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:33:41 PM

Profit will always be a profit even if sell it earlier. By trading you can learn a lot from experience. Try to hold some of your alts that has potential growth. You can earn a lot from them then you will end up making a lot of mistakes when you see the value rising to the top later in the future
bealjulian

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:34:31 PM

As long as a coin has potential with a good product and team, then the best is to keep holding.Most coins will never remain the same way at least in the next few years and depending on how long the holder is planning to hold for, staying out of the charts sounds a lot better.
pissyas

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:36:21 PM

Holding is type of trading and if want to do holding trading and you have fear of holding then you need to judge previous history of what you are holding like bitcoin if the performance is increasing day by day then you don't need to fear such things for holding and this is the way that you can overcome fear of holding.
AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:50:24 PM

To reduce your fear of falling coins, you should research the coin carefully before investing. If it is really potent investment then if you are not sure then you should not invest because if the market fell deep but you have researched carefully coin then you can confidently hold it but people If you have no information about coin then it would be a bad thing for your property.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
adrov

Activity: 171

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:52:44 PM

Yeah, we all been there Smiley

crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:54:46 PM

Holding is type of trading and if want to do holding trading and you have fear of holding then you need to judge previous history of what you are holding like bitcoin if the performance is increasing day by day then you don't need to fear such things for holding and this is the way that you can overcome fear of holding.
Just always look and imagine your future if you are having a fear in  holding or investing in bitcoin, imagine what life you want to be? and if do you think that life you want to be can achieve with your just current job? of your job is not enough? if so, then don't ever make any hesitations, invest while you still have time.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:44:28 AM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

Yes, it is some times hard to hold the money or coin if its values is rises a bit. But just put some target in your making about how much profit will be sufficient for you or make a time limit until which you will hold your coin it will surely help you in gaining good profit and also not being confused in what you need to do hold or sell. Just try to learn more and more about the coin you invest in and try to figure out when will it be the best time to invest and best time to sell also it will make you a smart investor and holder.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:35:10 AM

Being a trader is hard to explain the feeling we encounter everytime its price value of coins  that we hold on is going down.Sometimes you always have a fear in a coin you are holding of the price would go down immediately.We need to overcome our fear  when holding a coin to avoid panic when its crashed.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:58:04 AM

To overcome fears we need is acceptance. If you will not accept all the facts in trading industry you will not be successful here. One of the facts that we need to put always in our mind is that we might lose some money here. If you are afraid to lose you can’t hold anything. The life in trading is like a roller coaster you will go in quick so high and go low in a blink you my turn upside down but you will not fell dizzy if you are prepare in you put unto your mind that this will be fun to you, so let’s enjoy trading and overcome our fears in order for us to be successful.
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1043
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:48:45 AM

It's  a no fear for me because most of my colleagues are being safe in holding their prices. People are fear because they have no trust on some point.  I know that they are first timers of this job so, they can't easily overcome fear. Most of the time traders are quickly sell their coins if they satisfied with the price. But always think positive to it in avoidance to fear.

DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:49:14 AM

They say that HODL is the key for us to become successful trader. I think it is true. I experienced to do HODL and earned big amount of money. Holding altcoin for a long time can help us to become rich.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: