Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:26:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Just-Dice.com : now with added CLAMs : Play or Invest  (Read 454535 times)
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:26:58 AM

I understand that the purpose of the offsite balance was not accumulating too many CLAMS insite. However, seeing that there's a circulating supply of 2 631 279 clams (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/clams/), and a theoretical bankroll of 13 852 378 (200 times the current max profit), 5.64 times bigger, it's evident the offsite function isn't being employed as intended. Investors are forced to use a multiplier as big as the rest of investors, so their position isn't deluted. But by doing that, she's lying, like the majority of other investors.

Dooglus should just remove the /offsite feature.
It has been used like you describe it (all people have to lie about their holdings in order to not
get diluted) since the introduction of this feature.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:54:47 AM

Investors are forced to use a multiplier as big as the rest of investors, so their position isn't deluted

I don't agree with that part. Nobody is forced to risk more than they want to.

I also don't see it as "lying" to use the "offsite" feature to invest more CLAMs than you actually hold. I do it myself. I have at least 25 times more wealth outside of CLAM than I have in CLAMs, so using "offsite max" isn't unreasonable for me to do. If I lose my entire deposit, I can buy more CLAMs and start over. It allows me to invest reasonably without having to convert all my money into CLAMs.

If others want to "abuse" the feature to take excessive risk, that's up to them. They might lose their investment and not be able to replace it, but they knew the risks when investing too much.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:07:14 PM

Investors are forced to use a multiplier as big as the rest of investors, so their position isn't deluted

I don't agree with that part. Nobody is forced to risk more than they want to.

I also don't see it as "lying" to use the "offsite" feature to invest more CLAMs than you actually hold. I do it myself. I have at least 25 times more wealth outside of CLAM than I have in CLAMs, so using "offsite max" isn't unreasonable for me to do. If I lose my entire deposit, I can buy more CLAMs and start over. It allows me to invest reasonably without having to convert all my money into CLAMs.

If others want to "abuse" the feature to take excessive risk, that's up to them. They might lose their investment and not be able to replace it, but they knew the risks when investing too much.

If someone comes and starts betting for max profit and winning it, investors wouldn't be able to buy the needed CLAMS to deposit them, even if they are online and ready to buy them in an exchange (totally unrealistic). Actually, there aren't even enough CLAMS being offered in exchanges to buy them in that scenario (357703 are available on Poloniex now, that's only about 40% of the insite bankroll, and that obviously includes those listed for way more than the current price, like a 190345 clams sell order for BTC0.008 each, about 4 times the current price). An scenario like a short squeeze would occur in that case. It's just not possible to buy back hundreds of thousands of CLAMS.

What you are allowing, which is basically leverage, wouldn't be that problematic if it wasn't because Just-Dice bankroll is about 1/3 of the total supply of this coin, and average leverage is 1:15. The scenario of someone betting for the max profit may be unlikely, but it just makes no sense to risk getting in that situation. In that scenario, only those that aren't lying with their insite+offsite bankroll (which is probably just a minority of people as you are forced to be at 1:25 not to be deluted) would be able to bear the downswing. Meanwhile the rest of investors would be losing about 7% of their CLAMS in each max profit lost bet, instead of the optimal 1% or a conservative 0.5%.

Maximum allowed leverage on CLAMS should be money supply/insite bankroll (and that's already risky as the rest of existing coins aren't ready to be bought on exchanges). Actually I'd just get rid of the offsite function and just make max profit 1% of the (real) bankroll, equal to our edge.
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 10:44:27 PM

If someone comes and starts betting for max profit and winning it, investors wouldn't be able to buy the needed CLAMS to deposit them, even if they are online and ready to buy them in an exchange (totally unrealistic). Actually, there aren't even enough CLAMS being offered in exchanges to buy them in that scenario (357703 are available on Poloniex now, that's only about 40% of the insite bankroll, and that obviously includes those listed for way more than the current price, like a 190345 clams sell order for BTC0.008 each, about 4 times the current price). An scenario like a short squeeze would occur in that case. It's just not possible to buy back hundreds of thousands of CLAMS.

I don't see the problem? If there are 357.703 coins available to be bought on polonies (there are probably other sites who sell the coins as well), and the max win is 70k-ish, everyone would be able to buy their CLAMS back.

What you are allowing, which is basically leverage, wouldn't be that problematic if it wasn't because Just-Dice bankroll is about 1/3 of the total supply of this coin, and average leverage is 1:15. The scenario of someone betting for the max profit may be unlikely, but it just makes no sense to risk getting in that situation. In that scenario, only those that aren't lying with their insite+offsite bankroll (which is probably just a minority of people as you are forced to be at 1:25 not to be deluted) would be able to bear the downswing. Meanwhile the rest of investors would be losing about 7% of their CLAMS in each max profit lost bet, instead of the optimal 1% or a conservative 0.5%.

I don't see the problem here either. As an investor, you have the choise to take a higher risk, you don't have to if you don't want to.
Personally, I like to have more profit as an investor, so I do take a higher leverage when I invest. If I lose bigger, I realize that it's part of the game, but in the long run, I'm making more money.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 12:30:33 AM

I don't see the problem? If there are 357.703 coins available to be bought on polonies (there are probably other sites who sell the coins as well), and the max win is 70k-ish, everyone would be able to buy their CLAMS back.

God that would be a painful day.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Timetwister
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:41:11 AM

I don't see the problem here either. As an investor, you have the choise to take a higher risk, you don't have to if you don't want to.
Personally, I like to have more profit as an investor, so I do take a higher leverage when I invest. If I lose bigger, I realize that it's part of the game, but in the long run, I'm making more money.

70000 would.be losing just one bet. That's not a big deal. One bet of 7% of the bankroll, instead of 1% that it should be. But that player could keep betting and eating our bankroll at a rate of 7% per bet, instead of 1%. There simply aren't enough Clams in existence to keep buying them outside and depositing them on Just Dice. And that's assuming investors were online and had funds ready at the exchange to buy them, which isn't realistic at all.

Optimal leverage is something slightly higher than losing a maximum of 1% of your bankroll per bet (as 1% is our edge), because most bets target much smaller prizes. But 7% is just reckless. Or 12.5% if you are using 25x multiplier.

It simply makes no sense to allow that degree of leverage. Investors would get the same kind of returns as now if everyone was capped as about 3x, but we wouldn't risk being destroyed the day someone bets against max profit.
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 07:29:17 PM

clam price is rocking. good times

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
misterkel

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:14:48 PM

Been losing bankroll profit every single day, even when site bankroll wins.

Anybody know what's happening there?

Timetwister
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:59:53 PM

Does your share of the staking profit depend on (your onsite investment)/(onsite total bankroll) or (your onsite+offsite investment)/(onsite+offsite total bankroll)?
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:37:01 PM

Just-Dice.com

Check out the gambling site I made.  It's a dice game, with the following features:

* low 1% house edge
* near-instant rolls
* off-the blockchain, so no blockchain spam
* high limits - currently you can win 21 31 58 75 90 114 129 142 153 219 291 BTC per roll* - and the limits go up daily
* win up to 1 million times your bet
* pick your own odds of winning
* lively on-site chat room
* provably fair (of course)
* roll "high" or "low"
* keyboard shortcuts for quicker, easier play

The really neat thing about it though is that you can also "be the house", and invest any balance you're not using in the site's bankroll.  Then when other players lose, you win.

For investors, here's the feature list:

* massive 1% house edge Wink
* investing is easy and instant; click the 'invest' tab for details
* take your investment out instantly too
* site operator (that's me) is a long-standing forum member in good standing with the community
* invest as little as 0.001 BTC; no upper limit
* net profit is split between the house and the investors as follows: house gets 10%, investors get 90%.

So now you can easily have your own share in a dice game without the hassle and expense of using stock exchanges, passthroughs, etc.  All investments received go instantly to the site's bankroll and increase the maximum bet size offered to players.  There's a separate thread in the Securities forum for discussion relating to Just-Dice investments.  I recommend that investors 'Watch' that thread since I'll use it to make announcements should I need to.

Just-Dice.com

I will credit the first 200 people who post their user ID (from the 'account' tab) in this thread with a free bitcent to get you started.  You are free to gamble, invest, or just withdraw it as you please.  Smiley Promo is over.  Thanks for taking part!

* the maximum profit per roll is currently 0.5% of the bankroll of the site.  The bankroll is provided by investors.  The bankroll has grown to become enormous, as can be seen by looking at the cold wallet address.

avalanche effect ?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool  :-D

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_clam

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 11:28:43 PM

sick price crash, but clams always comes back

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:02:02 AM

Does your share of the staking profit depend on (your onsite investment)/(onsite total bankroll) or (your onsite+offsite investment)/(onsite+offsite total bankroll)?

The former.

Offsite CLAMs don't stake, and so don't count in the staking reward calculation.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:08:33 AM

Been losing bankroll profit every single day, even when site bankroll wins.

Anybody know what's happening there?

I think the most likely explanation is that you're using the wrong day end time. The on-site stats count the daily profit from midnight UTC to midnight UTC. Try doing the same and then see how well your daily profits match the site's reported profits.

We wouldn't expect your profit to be a fixed percentage of the site's profit, since people are going in and of the bankroll pretty often, but it should be close enough.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Crikien

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:10:02 AM

Looks like the site is down right now for me.  Anyone else?
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:57:13 AM

Looks like the site is down right now for me.  Anyone else?

It seems to be down for lots of people. I'm able to connect if I use Tor, but not directly.

The site's fine, but lots of people are having trouble reaching it. I suspect a problem bigger than Just-Dice. I can't reach bitcoincharts.com either, but again can if I use Tor.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
grunt

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:46:27 AM

It's down for me :-/
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:11:41 AM

It's down for me :-/

And now it's back, right? It is for me, anyway.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Crikien

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:21:33 AM

Back up for me as well.  Thanks for the quick response Doog.
grunt

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:58:55 PM

Yeah it bounced back pretty quick.

I was a little scared about J-D disappearing after that huge market dump.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:17:35 PM

CLAM @ 75000 Cool #spaceshuttles to marzzz

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_clam

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 »
  Print  

Jump to: