Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-11] Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein Open to Bitcoin Trading Desk  (Read 2532 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:49:06 PM

Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein Open to Bitcoin Trading Desk

Goldman Sachs chief executive Lloyd Blankfein is still not comfortable with bitcoin, but he says that he would not prevent the firm from establishing an institutional bitcoin trading desk.

Blankfein made these comments in an interview with CNBC, responding to rumors that Goldman Sachs is considering becoming the first blue-chip Wall Street firm to open a dedicated cryptocurrency trading desk.

“I will tell you, it hasn’t crossed my desk to set up a bitcoin trading desk,” he said, “but I wouldn’t preclude it.”

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/goldman-sachs-ceo-lloyd-blankfein-open-bitcoin-trading-desk/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:30:47 PM

I am already happy to see that not every CEO is looking to trash talk Bitcoin down. Bitcoin isn't just a threat to them, but can also function as a source of growth. Banks are in the game to make money, and then a lot of it, so it would actually makes sense for Goldman Sachs to set up some sort of a trading platform allowing whatever entity to hop in. Not sure if they will end up allowing entities to buy Bitcoin directly, or just financial products tied to this market, but it will fill up the massive gap of demand for Bitcoin's market, and that means money in the bank (pun intended).
Wevariant

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:24:26 PM

I am already happy to see that not every CEO is looking to trash talk Bitcoin down. Bitcoin isn't just a threat to them, but can also function as a source of growth. Banks are in the game to make money, and then a lot of it, so it would actually makes sense for Goldman Sachs to set up some sort of a trading platform allowing whatever entity to hop in. Not sure if they will end up allowing entities to buy Bitcoin directly, or just financial products tied to this market, but it will fill up the massive gap of demand for Bitcoin's market, and that means money in the bank (pun intended).

I think Lloyd is very open minded. Totally different for Jamie.
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:41:33 PM

He is a true business man for me because he is not telling anyone his final decision that may affect his future venture in his business so even though he didn't told CNBC that he is not against nor supporting Bitcoin at least he is not closing his door the potential side of it.

Bitcoin is so hot now in wallstreet so they are surely thinking about it as there are huge money is being involve in the cryptocurrency scene and they will not taken for granted it anymore, let's just wait for the next Bitcoin wolf of wall street.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:07:51 PM

Different agendas. It's obvious that JPMorgan CEO was/is just abusing his bank's status to cause panic in the market, but he hasn't exactly succeeded in doing so.

At this point it can't yet be considered market manipulation officially (while in reality it's exactly that), but with more regulations on the way, this is something that will definitely change at some point, and become a punishable offence.

Especially when they are involved into certain by the SEC approved future markets. After all, it's just a matter of time before we see an ETF come through, or maybe CME to get its approval, so the doors to institutions are almost open.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:47:19 PM

Goldman Sachs?
Weren't they one of the banks that were involved in the economic meltdown in 2008-2009 with the housing crisis in the states?

I wouldn't trust what bankers have to say about the crypto market.
They are out of their league on this one.
Xabad

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:28:33 AM

He is just doing what is best for his company, he can't support bitcoin totally since he is in the banking industry but he knows Bitcoin's potential and don't want to loose the opportunity of investing on it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: