Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:16:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide investing in an Altcoin, esp. ICO?  (Read 263 times)
theory_of_computation (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:34:15 AM

There is this famous sentence "do your own research" everywhere. But, do you have any methodology to research a project (its idea, team, website etc.) and finally make a decision?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benjaminoo

Activity: 126

Ice Rock Mining - Lifetime Profit

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:12:05 PM

Look for an altcoin that serves a purpose - something that fills a need. You don't want just another "I-can-do-it-too" coin. You want a platform with great potential, and where participation on the platform requires possession of their specific altcoin.

For example:
1. Golem is a platform where you rent out your unused computer processing power (at night) to people who need it. But in order to participate, you must pay or get paid in Golem. Therfore, there is a strong demand for the coin, and therefore it does really well.
3. Spectre.ai is a platform that facilitates brokerless trading. They actually sell two tokes. Dividend tokens are used to populate the trading pool against which traders will trade, and it pays token-holders 2% of each trade made on the platform. The utility token gives holders advantages and tools, and increases their chances of placing a winning trade. The utility tokens are highly desirable by traders - the people who will use the platform every day - and will therefore gain in value.
2. Electroneum is the first coin that can be with from a smartphone. In addition, they plan to start penetrating gaming markets, where you will need ETN tokens to pay for certain features in a game.

All these coins will become more valuable because people need them to participate on those platforms.

Also look for altcoins that have buyback campaigns, which will also ensure the coin gets scarcer and more valuable.

Once you find a project that passes the criteria above, you can start doing due diligence. Review the team, make sure they know what they're doing, look up their physical offices and investigate, make sure the timescales are realistic, etc...

theory_of_computation (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:37:14 PM

This was a very concrete answer with very good examples. Thanks a lot!
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:41:40 PM

it's very easy actually to do 'our own' research,
and my method is not really that complicated like others people,which are :
1.Looking their Announcement Thread,usually if it's a good one they will try to arrange it as good as they can.
because they want to attract the investor.

2.Their Website,
if they have a good website and in there you can find a full details about their project,
usually most of them were a good projects.

3.Moderated or not,
if they moderated it and open up an ICOs,it would be better for you to stay away from it.
because 99% people who did this were scammer.
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:44:26 PM

There is this famous sentence "do your own research" everywhere. But, do you have any methodology to research a project (its idea, team, website etc.) and finally make a decision?

One of the biggest things i look for is projects that are actually going to have a real world use, if they can be adopted by billions instead of a niche then they have far more potential for growth. I of course then look at the team and the ICO structure as well as other things. I also like to invest in projects that are already established and have a working product wherever possible.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:16:20 PM

I think what I look for in a project is that is this idea solving and gap in the space, there are some projects that when you see you just jump on them because they are sound idea, but idea is not enough, now you need to ask yourself if the team have the technical know-how to develop the concept

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:22:46 PM

I will first look at the Whitepaper to understand about what is the project trying to solve and whether the idea is disruptive. If the idea is good IMO. I will look other aspects like

1) how to solve the problem
2)roadmap
3) funds needed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: