Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:41:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basic income debate  (Read 212 times)
popcorn1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:35:04 PM

The Basic Income Debate - YouTube
Video for the basic income debate the agenda with steve paikin▶ 33:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20a3_g_eSOg
20 Jun 2017 - Uploaded by The Agenda with Steve Paikin

The people who say it wont work in Ontario are talking shit Wink..^^ Good debate by 4 women^^

I just want to ask you these questions ..

Would you rather the state create jobs for mental patients or have no metal doctors?..

Now because of mental health would you thinks well we are creating doctors to treat these patients
or would you rather have no state funded doctors to treat anything if preventable ?..

Now LETS get to the nitty gritty of my argument..

Having money makes people lives so much better FACT..
Now having no money makes people lives sad FACT..

Now lets break down what having no money can do to the state..I.E other peoples taxes..

No money brings CRIME what can crime cost..
Lets break some crimes down in cost ..

Court cost?
police cost?
lawyers cost legal aid cost..
hospital cost if anyone been hurt..
insurance cost homes robbed cars robbed all insurance the tax payers pay for..

Cost of violent crimes topped $12-billion in one year: Justice Canada ...
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/.../cost...crimes...canada.../article17186300/
2 Mar 2014 - Violent crimes in Canada come with a huge financial cost, to victims and ... Victims bore most of the costs for all five types of crime, $10.6 billion, .

Mental health cost..

The economic burden of mental illness in Canada is estimated at $51 billion per year. This includes health care costs, lost productivity, and reductions in health-related quality of life. Individuals with a mental illness are much less likely to be employed...

Courts cost the tax payer for just going to court..

A 3-day trial likely to cost you $60,000 | Toronto Star
https://www.thestar.com/news/2007/03/.../a_3day_trial_likely_to_cost_you_60000.ht...
3 Mar 2007 - Seeking justice in Canada is expensive. Soon, it may not be worth taking a case to court unless more than $100,000 is at stake, says Ron Slaght, a Toronto civil litigation lawyer. A three-day civil trial is likely to cost at least $60,738 – more than the median family income in Canada of $58,100.

Looking after the OLD

Nursing Home Costs - Comfort Life
www.comfortlife.ca/retirement-community-resources/nursing-home-costs
Private nursing home care can cost between $40,000 and $70,000 a year, depending on the community. ... Costs of Nursing Homes in British Columbia. ... Semi private rooms in BC nursing homes cost in the range of $4200 to $6300 per month, with the Vancouver median at about $4800...

NOW i want you to imagine ..

Would you rather have a place full of created mental health doctors and say WELL at least we created
mental health doctors which the state pays 80k for ..   

OR have mental patents knowing you created more jobs at 80k a pop for mental health patents ..?

Now apply to

Courts
doctors
nurses
police
jails
insurance payments
lawyers cleaning staff for the court buildings..
Public building need staffing like jails hospitals ..
police stations
police cars
police equipment for criminals ..
Hospital equipment for metal health and crime..
funeral parlours for crime shot dead state funeral ..
graffiti on walls because parents got no money so throw kids on the streets..
Prescription drugs loads more get eating costing the state because people got no money so would rather just go asleep..

Now how much does all that COST THE STATE? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

Now would you rather pay for the sadness because it creates jobs or have less of the jobs and have happiness...

More police means more crime BUT you created more jobs by having more police ..
So are you happy more crime?

But why you created more police jobs at 50k a pop per year ..
Now apply to everything above..

I thinks a UNIVERSAL INCOME will save more money on public spending plus make the planet less
violent ..

Now we know in life people love the war meaning violence because it makes them the money..
But the many just want a happy life without killing ourselves to LIVE..

STOP WITH THE BULLSHIT..

The bankers can print money for themselves BUT cannot do it for anyone else BULLSHIT Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mad7Scientist

Activity: 373
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:42:50 AM

You're saying cut all these services and instead give universal basic income?

Old people already have retirement so there already is a universal basic income.

By the way people on this forum don't debate things. They read a few sentences of the original post, then they ignore all the existing replies and then post their own opinions.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:29:08 PM

Old people already have retirement so there already is a universal basic income.

By the way people on this forum don't debate things. They read a few sentences of the original post, then they ignore all the existing replies and then post their own opinions.

Too true, we have these services for a reason and it could actually help the majority. Cutting these services actually help the younger more able constituents and leave the disabled behind. I think if the problem is creating jobs, why not just publicize and idolize the doctors, fire fighters and police officers not these singers, rappers and sportsmen who are just entertainers

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
N0ssi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:40:29 PM

Just ask yourself: What brings more money to those who are already the richest people on earth?
Wars, diseases, crime - all of them cost a lot of money so they gain a lot of profit for certain people.

+ no one of the government nor any great mogul wants you to be happy or healthy. Happiness doesn't bring money. Sickness brings money.

Having money makes people lives so much better FACT..
Now having no money makes people lives sad FACT..

Only in our's today societey. Imagine living on a lonely island by your own, having nothing more than your little tent, some chicken and coconuts. No worries about debts or crime. Would you be unhappy? I don't think so  Roll Eyes

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:43:17 PM

Universal basic income is very good idea in theory.
People shouldn't be slave of the work but should be free to live as they like, to travel around the world, enjoy their hobbies, fishing, free time etc.
If I remember well, in Switzerland was referendum about it.
Practically, people would almost certainly misuse such idea.
Look for example what happened with immigrants from Africa in Europe.
They mostly live from social assistance and do not work.
I do not think it's time for such an idea yet.
People are not mature enough.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:27:44 PM

When ai, robots, and automation are in full swing and do most of the work and human labor/brainpower is not needed so much anymore, there will be no choice but to have some kind of basic income, ubi, or some other derivative of it..

:]
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:55:23 PM

When ai, robots, and automation are in full swing and do most of the work and human labor/brainpower is not needed so much anymore, there will be no choice but to have some kind of basic income, ubi, or some other derivative of it..

It will not only be necessary but a vital and integral part of our lives at that point. Will be interesting to see which type of people will accept that because I for one would rather work than sit on my bum.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:06:07 PM

In addition to retirement for the older people we have plenty of programs to help people. We have healthcare, dental for people under 17, financial assistance if you have no income, employment insurance if you loose your job. Plus a shitload of other programs to help people move forward.

Universal Basic Income is a lazy person's dream and I think its a very bad idea. What kind of message would we be sending to our kids? Disgusting to even suggest it.

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1205

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:17:59 PM

Money won't solve the majority of mental health or crime problems. Lack of money is not the root of anything bad.

But an universal basic income would create more general happiness and decrease crime, I agree about this.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Sneginka111

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:11:36 PM

Universal basic income is very good idea in theory.
People shouldn't be slave of the work but should be free to live as they like, to travel around the world, enjoy their hobbies, fishing, free time etc.
If I remember well, in Switzerland was referendum about it.
Practically, people would almost certainly misuse such idea.
Look for example what happened with immigrants from Africa in Europe.
They mostly live from social assistance and do not work.
I do not think it's time for such an idea yet.
People are not mature enough.

Do not give freebies to migrants. Voila - problem solved!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: