Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:48:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement Regarding Temporary Hiatus on U.S. Dollar Withdrawals - Mt.Gox  (Read 1143 times)
esse83 (OP)

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:15:10 AM

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130620.html

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
torbank

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:35:58 AM

Yeah that will go over well.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:48:07 PM

Seems legit
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:02:27 PM

Oh no MPOE-PR, stop spreading FUD about how MtGox is running fractional reserve, stop pointing out that MtGox has devolved to a game of who'll get stuck with the losses, why u so mean.

As a bonus: Karpeles is going to jail, as per the recent DoJ filings showing he's actually lied on various signed statements. At this point he cares about Bitcoin obligations slightly less than Sonny Vleisides, his Bitcoin Foundation partner.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:27:06 PM

And again I am thankful I pulled all my money out of MtGox weeks ago. Sucks to be MtGox users now.

Hmm, they are still accepting deposits, but are no longer processing withdrawals. Sounds fishy.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:41:30 PM

And again I am thankful I pulled all my money out of MtGox weeks ago. Sucks to be MtGox users now.

Hmm, they are still accepting deposits, but are no longer processing withdrawals. Sounds fishy.

+1

I'm just hoping my last few wires come through.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. No reason to allow deposits if withdrawals are cut off and the "system" is broken.

Not falling for that ponzi bullshit.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:12:23 PM

I pulled out after the Dwolla / DOJ issue since, to my knowledge, they never bothered to issue a statement after the seizure was confirmed. They are rank amateurs when it comes to communication, but pretending it was business as usual after an event like that was a bridge too far.

This latest mess is outrageous, and will have ripple effects through the whole community. I feel terrible for the people and businesses with their money in limbo, and it is bad for Bitcoin adoption overall.

I do hope Gox is able to get it together and carry on, but they need to get some serious, experienced managers in there because the current crew is obviously not capable of running a business of this size and complexity.

thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:55:07 PM

This latest mess is outrageous, and will have ripple effects through the whole community. I feel terrible for the people and businesses with their money in limbo, and it is bad for Bitcoin adoption overall.

It is especially ironic after their having spent a fortune on that full page ad in the G8 mag.  I guess there'll be plenty who raised an eyebrow on seeing the ad wondering if it really is time to look seriously at Bitcoin.  Now they'll be ROFLing with the obvious answer: 'No'!

But to be honest I'm OK with more and more reasons for uncertainty holding the price back.  It gives more time for those for whom Bitcoin is an answer right now to their situation time to get using it and tell their friends.  Excuse my prejudice but I would rather they be the primary beneficiaries of future price hikes than G8 attendees!

It also helps people keep focused on bringing forth a solution to the distributed exchange challenge.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 12:48:57 AM

What really funny to me is that both Dwolland OkPay are working as withdraw methods right now, yet neither actually goes through.

I tested with both over 12 hours ago and still nothing. Usually they are processed almost instantly (and they are for small test amounts too, so they shouldn't have triggered any manual review).

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:17:38 AM

What really funny to me is that both Dwolland OkPay are working as withdraw methods right now, yet neither actually goes through.

I tested with both over 12 hours ago and still nothing. Usually they are processed almost instantly (and they are for small test amounts too, so they shouldn't have triggered any manual review).

I know right?

Why allow transfer methods for withdrawals to be still listed? One more thing that stinks to high heaven.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: