Bitcoin Forum
December 17, 2017, 03:06:42 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Secure - Anonymous (Wallets)  (Read 121 times)
74R45

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:37:06 PM

Hi everybody. I have a simple question. I looked around but I only found half-responses or no "justified" answers. What is the best, most secure wallet in your opinion, among many? I am particularly interested in a wallet that guarantees 100% anonymity. It would be great if at the same time it was simple and intuitive as Blockchain.info. I am little informed, indeed, in no way, on the physical wallets. Prefer a platform, but I would love if someone helps me to deepen my knowledge about physical wallets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eneyeceekay

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:54:19 PM

Hi everybody. I have a simple question. I looked around but I only found half-responses or no "justified" answers. What is the best, most secure wallet in your opinion, among many? I am particularly interested in a wallet that guarantees 100% anonymity. It would be great if at the same time it was simple and intuitive as Blockchain.info. I am little informed, indeed, in no way, on the physical wallets. Prefer a platform, but I would love if someone helps me to deepen my knowledge about physical wallets.

Well, first I would say get a Physical Bitcoin wallet. Everything is run from Bitcoin, even the anonymous coins base their value almost entirely on the value of BTC (at the time of trade).

Then I would say to look into Monero, Zcash, and even DASH as they are long lasting and have a large and active community. DASH was first with it's CoinJoin-based mixing - Decentrialized mixing through master nodes. Monero came out later with a different approach, such as joint transactions (Mixin). Then Zcash came most recently (therefore less time for security testing, but so far a good and stable coin that keeps your privacy through Zero Knowledge Proof transactions - Zcash coins sent from one wallet to another using "Shielded transactions" will create complete unlinkablility (if done right, and that takes a bit of technical knowledge, or at least a fair amount of research). Either way, if you want real 100% privacy, especially dealing with a large amount of coins, the best way (IMO) would be to get a hardware Bitcoin wallet - make your Bitcoins 'unlinked' to any previous transactions through a privacy coin (or more than one), and then keep them safe again in the hardware wallet.

P.S. (my personal favorite "privacy coin" is Monero)
jekjekman

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:47:04 PM

There is no 100% anonymity though, I am using an Electrum wallet for my dektop computer for a long time now and since then I enabled my 2FA security and I feel secured with it because I never lose anything since I started using it maybe because I never downloaded any malicious software that can harm my computer and Bitcoin wallet.

Physical wallets/Hardware wallets is simply an USB type of wallet that you can bring anywhere you want or even hide but again it is still your very own discretion to secure that wallet just like an online wallet or desktop wallet. Taking safety precautions and avoiding malicious websites can protect your Bitcoins unless you leak your information to someone else intentionally and there is an inside job that will occur.

Go here for more information about different types of wallets: https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/wallets/#types-of-wallets
dontworry

Activity: 64

< 6 Hrs Left to buy Cryptosh.com - Bids start $10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:25:46 AM

If you look for something most secure and most private, you must choose open source software. So the best option would be electrum on a linux system as both of them are open source. Most user friendly linux systems for newbies are ubuntu and linuxmint. Try to learn about those if you don't know. I would recommend you to use electrum on linuxmint. You can connect to electrum via tor, so your ip will be unknown by electrum servers. Linux itself is private and secure by default. It's unusual to see a virus or malware running on a linux desktop. Security and privacy start from your operating system.

[Less than 6 Hours Left] http://cryptosh.com at auction with NO RESERVE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2298761.0 BIN: $999, Payable as $99.90 x 10
coinspam

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:34:24 AM

There is no 100% anonymous wallet. I would look for the most secure wallet like a hardware wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.