Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 05:12:58 PM

Otoh, in POL, the ones who bought BBP on the market tithed to orphans (as technically they are funding our superblocks), they receive more of a reward with the benefit of the coin-age, and the chance to solo mine a block on a PC or a phone.

Please help me understand - when I read the PoL wiki, I thought coin age was the time period since coins have started to be staked or since they have been last moved? It doesn't matter when they were actually created, right?

Because if the coin age is the time period since the coins have been mined, then as you said, someone who buys coins from an exchange can get older coins, and therefore have better conditions to mine, and the botnet miners will always have the newest coins because they never buy from an exchange, they only mine and immediately sell. But then, obviously, a buyer on the exchange can also buy the new coins, and they probably even have a higher chance to buy the new coins because those miners also sell instantly or put sell orders at the top.

And if the coin age is the time period since the coins have been last moved, then I don't get the buying BBP on the exchange part, because when I withdraw the coins to my wallet, coin age will be reset to 0?

The coin age is, if I'm reading it correctly, the age since they were last transacted.  If you have advanced coin control enabled in your wallet, if you select inputs, it will show the age of each coin in your wallet.

So buying BBP, mining BBP, sending a transaction to yourself all end up with a coin age of zero.   The source doesn't affect coin age, merely how long it has been in YOUR wallet.

Thats correct, coin age is when you received the coins in your wallet.

If you spend them to yourself coin-age starts over.

Realize that almost every POL transaction is going to be measure as:  the historical date of the last POL spend To the date of the current POL spend, so its probably easier to grasp it that way, than think this has something to do with buying coins on the exchange.  The initial funding age will pale in comparison to day to day operations.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 05:22:44 PM

Now that C-CEX is partially up (on the bitcoin side, not on the BBP side), I have paid this months Orphan Recurring expenses successfully.

If you navigate (in the pool) to Orphans | Orphan Fundraisers, and Orphans | Expenses Paid, you can see that after being in business for 6 full months, we have finally broken even!

So on a positive note, Biblepay is self-sustaining in the most basic sense: It is now supporting 189 orphans around the world on its own!  Congratulations all of you warm hearted tithers!

Although we met the milestone (using superblocks and being self sustaining) finally (since as of last month, we had a deficit of $10k), on the downside we do not have a surplus yet, here is the grand total state of biblepay:

$37,691 income to date
$37,267 expenses to date

(Well, yes, we do have a $500 surplus now), but my point is we still have had only barely enough to cover the recurring expenses and have not yet paid orphan premiums in advance as we plan to.

With the superblocks at 40 day spacing, and the budgets at almost half of what they were when we started, its going to be close, but I also believe we have an extremely bright future, along with the state of the sinking economy, and crypto in general - a very bright future.

(On a side note, we plan to fix the block spacing, the network hashps, and the superblock funding levels in testnet to have changes ready for the next mandatory that may include POL, so that effect should be resolved).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:27:06 PM

Otoh, in POL, the ones who bought BBP on the market tithed to orphans (as technically they are funding our superblocks), they receive more of a reward with the benefit of the coin-age, and the chance to solo mine a block on a PC or a phone.

Please help me understand - when I read the PoL wiki, I thought coin age was the time period since coins have started to be staked or since they have been last moved? It doesn't matter when they were actually created, right?

Because if the coin age is the time period since the coins have been mined, then as you said, someone who buys coins from an exchange can get older coins, and therefore have better conditions to mine, and the botnet miners will always have the newest coins because they never buy from an exchange, they only mine and immediately sell. But then, obviously, a buyer on the exchange can also buy the new coins, and they probably even have a higher chance to buy the new coins because those miners also sell instantly or put sell orders at the top.

And if the coin age is the time period since the coins have been last moved, then I don't get the buying BBP on the exchange part, because when I withdraw the coins to my wallet, coin age will be reset to 0?

The coin age is, if I'm reading it correctly, the age since they were last transacted.  If you have advanced coin control enabled in your wallet, if you select inputs, it will show the age of each coin in your wallet.

So buying BBP, mining BBP, sending a transaction to yourself all end up with a coin age of zero.   The source doesn't affect coin age, merely how long it has been in YOUR wallet.

Thats correct, coin age is when you received the coins in your wallet.

If you spend them to yourself coin-age starts over.

Realize that almost every POL transaction is going to be measure as:  the historical date of the last POL spend To the date of the current POL spend, so its probably easier to grasp it that way, than think this has something to do with buying coins on the exchange.  The initial funding age will pale in comparison to day to day operations.

Thank you, I understand. I want to help on the testnet. Since I already have some tBBP you sent me some time ago, then all I need to do is download the 1.0.8.3, start my wallet with the -testnet flag and just let it sit there for 24 hrs? Is it OK if I don't mine?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 05:53:31 PM

Thank you, I understand. I want to help on the testnet. Since I already have some tBBP you sent me some time ago, then all I need to do is download the 1.0.8.3, start my wallet with the -testnet flag and just let it sit there for 24 hrs? Is it OK if I don't mine?

Yes, download 1083 first, and the feature is created in a way where it is separate from Prod, but if you download latest and start with the -testnet flag, then ensure you are solo mining.  Its not OK to not mine:  the POL system still requires mining, but, if you wanted to be green you could now mine with one thread   Cheesy   if you want...

Lets post all that in the testnet thread though:
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=89.0

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Sakic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:22:04 PM

Hi, I noticed that BBP is no more listed on Masternode.pro. What's the reason?
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:36:15 PM

I have a few miners on 1081. I didn't upgrade to 1082 because they weren't crashing.

If I upgrade using

git pull origin master

will I end up on 1082 or 1083?
If I end up on 1083 can I still mine on the pool or only use this for testnet?
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:38:54 PM

do i need gui for testing pol? or it will work also from cli?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 06:40:07 PM

I have a few miners on 1081. I didn't upgrade to 1082 because they weren't crashing.

If I upgrade using

git pull origin master

will I end up on 1082 or 1083?
If I end up on 1083 can I still mine on the pool or only use this for testnet?

You can go ahead and go to 1083.  1083 in prod is the same as 1082. 

We have a  feature in the wallet that keeps the POL feature shut off until enabled with a switch, so Prod is safe to go to 1083.

Alex and I tested windows in prod last night to make sure.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 06:42:30 PM

do i need gui for testing pol? or it will work also from cli?

It does work in both daemon and QT in testnet, but I have not finished the feature that lets you know your block was a POL clearly in the daemon in the rpc listtransactions command yet.

I guess you can get around that in the daemon by keeping a list of the block numbers you mine then do this:
showblock blocknumber

If the block was a POL, it will have 5 additional fields on it.

In QT, the block is marked proof-of-loyalty in the transaction list.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
EmoHP

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:43:18 PM

How can I compile my own cpu-specific wallet? I use windows.

It's a big challenge, but we have the executable. So it should be possible somehow.

And I have to ask another question. Is linux mining faster than windows? I see more people choose linux.

Im getting about the same performance in windows on the native HPS nowadays with the latest.
I think the huge upsurge in linux is due to 1) the Sancs and expirimenting with future sancs, 2) the hobbyists renting the cloud vps like Slovakia said, and in general those with a small cloud VPS base started scaling their base in the cloud bigger and bigger over the last 45 days when our price was rising.

As far as building in windows, Im using gitian to do it:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/doc/gitian-building.md

Its tricky to set up, but easier to maintain than a native windows build environment.

Ok. Thanks! I'll give it a try when I have more time. I always look for optimizations that's why I want to try some code + compile optimizations. Maybe I should do my tests in VMware directly in Linux.
edv4ld0

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:50:31 PM

Hello bible_pay, my account in the pool does not access and I do not receive the email to recover, how do I proceed to withdraw my coins?
crypto2017guy

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:54:40 PM

what's the difference between H/s and HPS? The pool shows my workers in HPS but when i look up a CPU online it shows it in HS.  I might look at upgrading my CPU.

Also with the changes based on having a stake how will that affect me as i only have 4.5K BBP?

Thank You
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:39:38 PM

we start to receive first POL/POS coins  after 24hours?

MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:58:47 PM

I find the idea of helping distressed and poor people interesting. In my area there are a couple of catholic organizations with strong projects in developing countries (wells, bridges, schools...)

How would I create solid "user cases" for BBP tech helping those organizations? We are talking about countries with little or none banking infraestructure.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 12:52:49 AM

we start to receive first POL/POS coins  after 24hours?
In testnet, its about 24 hours after you received the coins, but its better if you understand each of the key factors in getmininginfo over there,
 post the questions about each of the keys there please.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 12:55:08 AM

what's the difference between H/s and HPS? The pool shows my workers in HPS but when i look up a CPU online it shows it in HS.  I might look at upgrading my CPU.

Also with the changes based on having a stake how will that affect me as i only have 4.5K BBP?

Thank You

HPS is what the machine shows in getmininginfo, HPS2 is what the pool is measuring about your machine.

As far as mining with 4500 BBP, it will help, as I believe the algo will be tweaked in testnet until its 90% easier to POL mine than to be in outer darkness, so please, come over to testnet and help test it and make that happen for small balances.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
crypto2017guy

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:37:30 AM

Thank You

HPS is what the machine shows in getmininginfo, HPS2 is what the pool is measuring about your machine.

As far as mining with 4500 BBP, it will help, as I believe the algo will be tweaked in testnet until its 90% easier to POL mine than to be in outer darkness, so please, come over to testnet and help test it and make that happen for small balances.

sure if i get some time tomorrow i will have a look at testnet.  one more question.  if i mine with a stake does that mean i could lose that balance? I would be concerned doing that with such a small balance (then i deffinetely wouldn't be able to do it with my entire balance).  Does that balance need to go back through the pool and withdrawn or will it automatically re-appear as part of my balance at my address?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 02:25:40 AM

Thank You

sure if i get some time tomorrow i will have a look at testnet.  one more question.  if i mine with a stake does that mean i could lose that balance? I would be concerned doing that with such a small balance (then i deffinetely wouldn't be able to do it with my entire balance).  Does that balance need to go back through the pool and withdrawn or will it automatically re-appear as part of my balance at my address?

Good question!

No, you only lose .01 bbp per block mined (the transaction fee).  You always get it all back, and then it loses its coin-age.

It does not ever leave your machine, it goes from you to your address but it is recorded in a block.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:13:15 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 09:57:43 AM by tiras

If that falls through Im going to be working with coinexchange.io and the decentralized ones that inblue posted a lot closer.

Crypto Bridge is gaining momentum very fast and based on some sources I follow, I predict it will be a very popular exchange soon, so it will also be great for people to discover BiblePay there while trading other coins. Also, I used it and it's the best experience I've ever had, everything is very fast and very slick. Some people on Twitter have even started saying something like "Once you go DEX, you never go back (to centralized exchanges)". Smiley

Inblue , how much do they ask for adding a new coin ?

Just 0.5 BTC, please see my previous message for more info:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.msg28286513#msg28286513

Do you want to chip in with me for a few satoshis? Smiley

I'm in if we get more people come aboard .   let 's see if we get anything on 24th

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:23:21 AM

I noticed my sanctuary (masternode) went into EXPIRED state, and noticed a lot of other sancutaries did as well,
my biblepayd wasnt running anymore, Im on version 1.0.8.2

tail debug.log
Code:
2018-01-20 18:03:34 Disconnecting unauthorized peer with Network Time off by 3967.000000 seconds!
2018-01-20 18:04:01 Disconnecting unauthorized peer with Network Time off by 1089.000000 seconds!
2018-01-20 18:05:13 UpdateTip: new best=0d49296d74cbb5e462a612e64ac5d92581171f411066aafb5e95c6190a06e1aa  height=26597  log2_work=58.694996  tx=66666  date=2018-01-20 18:05:15 progress=1.000000  cache=0.1MiB(316tx)
2018-01-20 18:05:13 CMasternode::UpdateLastPaidBlock -- searching for block with payment to 5c4d9596946ec89b0322552ec9d4b7ec7bd70ae6b524e358be5f19bfc1c52212-1 -- found new 26597.000000
2018-01-20 18:05:13 ProcessNewBlock : ACCEPTED
2018-01-20 18:05:42 CInstantSend::CheckAndRemove -- Removing expired Transaction Lock Candidate: txid=bdf436c70e99dbadacf495559976ee8eca908c28fdfabf7457870e80b21103f8
2018-01-20 18:06:35 CInstantSend::CreateEmptyTxLockCandidate -- new, txid=bdf436c70e99dbadacf495559976ee8eca908c28fdfabf7457870e80b21103f8

Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: