Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:32:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
daemonko

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:37:39 PM

I can some of your questions.
-Mined blocks need 102 confirmations before they are available to spend.
-These mined blocks are separate from your getboincinfo information. That only concerns cancer-research payouts, and not POW payouts.
-The need for wallet-pw to unlock is because the wallet needs to be able to send PODC updates, it will use the password to be able to send those.
-You can check the amount of BBP that is staked with the command 'exec stakebalance'. By default 10% of your BBP is staked every 12 hours. If you want to change that percentage, you can add this line to your biblepay.conf: 'polpercentage=NUMBER', where NUMBER stands for the percentage that you want to stake (e.g. 'polpercentage=40'). Please stick with a maximum of 90 for the moment, while we do some more testing.

I like your suggestions about being able to select the BBP address to associate your CPID with.
And it would indeed be handy to see if your password was correct, but I don't know if that is technically possible, because of the way the password is stored, but I guess Rob needs to answer that question.

I can't comment on the rest, but I'm sure others can Smiley

Thanks for your answers so far. So I understand I mixed up "mined blocks with a CPID" with "CPID cancer research payout". Apparently what I received are payouts for blocks by (what was formerly known as) "solo mining", but with an associated CPID? So it was just a big coincidence that my controller wallet "found" 3 of those blocks? How is this calculated probability-wise? Normally I wouldn't find a single block in weeks or months going solo, so are CPID-associated wallets preferred in finding blocks?

Regarding the cancer research payout (which is dependant on my RAC): so this will (for the first time) occur on block 33620, and only THEN will I receive the payment on the associated BBP address, right?

Sorry for asking this many questions, but as a scientist myself I like to get a certain understanding of the things I'm involved in. Smiley

You get the hang of things Smiley

The thing is - if I understood correctly - that from block 33440 onward (when we stepped over to PoDC mining), only wallets with an attached CPID can mine blocks. So, since there are not many wallets yet that have this association, there is a much bigger chance on mining a block now if you do have a CPID connected to your wallet.

So not only are CPID-associated wallets preferred, they are mandatory to be able to mine a block.

Anyone that is mining without a CPID is mining into the void, so to speak.

attached CPID is an assumption or a fact? if it is required, why no one mentioned this in mandatory upgrades info???
any idea how to attach CPID to 200 machines / wallets?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:46:04 PM

ok so to mine block you need cpid connected - thats fine, but why cpu goes 0% Smiley))? sometimes it is 100% but then 5 minutes 0%... on my xeon it goes up to 8 cores from 24...

and still not clear about paying. i need to be online every solved block to send stats? if i miss block i will not get paid?, or i need to be online only when superblock is processing?
i need to know what must be doing what Smiley and what happens if i will be off for half of day or so... maybe not only me, as there is many people who turn off their computer over night
daemonko

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:50:28 PM

ok so to mine block you need cpid connected - thats fine, but why cpu goes 0% Smiley))? sometimes it is 100% but then 5 minutes 0%... on my xeon it goes up to 8 cores from 24...

and still not clear about paying. i need to be online every solved block to send stats? if i miss block i will not get paid?, or i need to be online only when superblock is processing?
i need to know what must be doing what Smiley and what happens if i will be off for half of day or so... maybe not only me, as there is many people who turn off their computer over night

nothing works... there are no meaningful guidelines... it's only guessing and trying hard
i'm seriously thinking about selling everything and letting this project go...
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:08:22 PM

I can some of your questions.
-Mined blocks need 102 confirmations before they are available to spend.
-These mined blocks are separate from your getboincinfo information. That only concerns cancer-research payouts, and not POW payouts.
-The need for wallet-pw to unlock is because the wallet needs to be able to send PODC updates, it will use the password to be able to send those.
-You can check the amount of BBP that is staked with the command 'exec stakebalance'. By default 10% of your BBP is staked every 12 hours. If you want to change that percentage, you can add this line to your biblepay.conf: 'polpercentage=NUMBER', where NUMBER stands for the percentage that you want to stake (e.g. 'polpercentage=40'). Please stick with a maximum of 90 for the moment, while we do some more testing.

I like your suggestions about being able to select the BBP address to associate your CPID with.
And it would indeed be handy to see if your password was correct, but I don't know if that is technically possible, because of the way the password is stored, but I guess Rob needs to answer that question.

I can't comment on the rest, but I'm sure others can Smiley

Thanks for your answers so far. So I understand I mixed up "mined blocks with a CPID" with "CPID cancer research payout". Apparently what I received are payouts for blocks by (what was formerly known as) "solo mining", but with an associated CPID? So it was just a big coincidence that my controller wallet "found" 3 of those blocks? How is this calculated probability-wise? Normally I wouldn't find a single block in weeks or months going solo, so are CPID-associated wallets preferred in finding blocks?

Regarding the cancer research payout (which is dependant on my RAC): so this will (for the first time) occur on block 33620, and only THEN will I receive the payment on the associated BBP address, right?

Sorry for asking this many questions, but as a scientist myself I like to get a certain understanding of the things I'm involved in. Smiley

You get the hang of things Smiley

The thing is - if I understood correctly - that from block 33440 onward (when we stepped over to PoDC mining), only wallets with an attached CPID can mine blocks. So, since there are not many wallets yet that have this association, there is a much bigger chance on mining a block now if you do have a CPID connected to your wallet.

So not only are CPID-associated wallets preferred, they are mandatory to be able to mine a block.

Anyone that is mining without a CPID is mining into the void, so to speak.

attached CPID is an assumption or a fact? if it is required, why no one mentioned this in mandatory upgrades info???
any idea how to attach CPID to 200 machines / wallets?
]

It's a fact. Only when it takes too long to solve a block the network will also accept blocks that don't have a CPID attached. But that will probably only happen in the beginning, since eventually almost all wallets will have CPID attached.

You don't need your CPID attached to 200 wallets, just ONE. All your other machines only need the Boinc-client running, not the wallet. You use only one wallet as a controller for all your other machines. This project is not about heat-mining anymore, but about - for lack of better words - 'Boinc mining'.

The reason that the documentation is a bit scarce, is because the implementation should have been one or two weeks from now, but circumstances have led to implementing earlier.

I suggest to read the documentation provided here, and almost all questions will be answered:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_Start_Guide
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_2

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:21:35 PM

Dont say that because your posts'll be deleted as mines. Update after update, withdrawal from pool not working, autowithdraw never arrived into the wallet. Good job.

Let us pray for SVK Noko, to break the chains of anger and evil, and instead, to love his brothers and sisters instead of promoting strife.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:22:44 PM

Can you post your 'getmininginfo'?

When the wallet starts, it automatically starts mining with one thread and with a 'minersleep' of 250ms.

The minersleep is there so that less cpu power is used. It means the wallet mines 250ms, then sleeps 250ms, then mines 250ms again, etc.

This is to lessen heat mining impact, and also ensures that Boinc keeps on running on computers where both the wallet and Boinc are installed (Boinc halts computing when too many other processes use cpu-cycles).

Setting minersleep=0 will turn off the sleep function and you can mine full power again.
You can experiment with the max CPU usage by using the command 'setgenerate true NUMBER', in which NUMBER stands for the number of threads that you want to use (e.g. 'setgenerate true 8').

About the payment: there is a daily payment, but the network will have to know that you have worked in that 24 hours. If I understand correctly the wallet will automatically send a 'PODC update' every day to ensure that the network knows that you have done work. If it's unable to do that (because the computer is offline) you will miss a payment (again, if I understand correctly).

An alternative might be to open up your wallet once a day and manually send a 'PODC update'. You can do that with the command 'exec podcupdate'. But I'm nog sure about this! I don't know exactly if you also have to be mining, so please don't take these last words as truth. I'm just a guy to participated in testnet for the last few weeks. All the information I provide has been available to anyone who took the time to read about PoDC.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:24:59 PM

Some small questions:

1. Is the stake weight important for the now smaller POW mining, too? Or is it for PoDC only?
2. Can I use one rosetta CPID  for multiple wallets? I have multiple of them out there. I could use one wallet, but it works fine this way Wink I know that I only need one controller wallet, but I want to play around with full POW mining on some servers aside from the controller wallet, and don't want my wallet.dat of that controller wallet on my servers.

On #1, stake weight is only important for PODC users.  Set 'utxoamount=50000' in your wallet to use the Max. (Thats the default coming in the new version later today btw).

On #2, Our system can handle multiple CPIDs, if you associate more than one to a single biblepay wallet you will see a list.  It is highly recommend you consolidate these over time however, as the wallet has to send multiple PODC Updates per day, one per cpid. (One cpid uses less network resources).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:27:04 PM

On #1, stake weight is only important for PODC users.  Set 'utxoamount=50000' in your wallet to use the Max. (Thats the default coming in the new version later today btw).

Is this available from a certain wallet onwards (1.1.0.1.+)? Or is polpercentage also fine to use?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:29:32 PM

OMG, were #4 already, what is Gridcoin going to say to us if we get to #1?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:31:09 PM

why all miners stop working after few minutes (cpu usage goes to 0-1 %) ? tried to delete all data in .biblepaycore, tried minersleep=0, tried compile latest source code (this morning), it is NOT working.

why there are only few miners in the leaderboard? what is going on ?
Hi Daemonko,
In the new wallet, it sleeps by default.  Try setting your miner to use more genproclimit.  Let me know one miner name, and Ill trace it in the pool and see if we can get this pool health back up today.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

how often rosetta will pay? will be paid globaly does not matter on who find the block? pool/solo or botnet?

Hi Capulo,

It pays once per day, in a very large and efficient superblock (if you type exec getboincinfo you can see the next superblock height).
We can handle up to 32,767 CPID payments in this version, and even more if we set the spork for large payment handling.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:36:26 PM

Great news, block 33460 & 33461 were both signed by CPIDS!

CPID 7c9264559fef3c1c689ee9fc3ff42494 was awarded for our first PODC - CPID heat payment: 555 BBP!  Congrats!

Wow that's my CPID, so thanks (I guess?)! To be honest, I have no idea what's going on right now with the technicals in the PODC payout, but I guess I managed to configure it correctly. Cheesy
I just checked my wallet and it shows 3 (unconfirmed) payments for approx. 555 BBP each. Is it supposed to be that way, or is this still some effect of the forked chains? My "exec getboincinfo" now shows the correct CPID etc., but "total payments" and "magnitude" still sits on 0. :/
(I double checked to be on the "correct" chain with the block hash of 33450.)
showblock 33460 to see the blocks CPID info.
Sorry, what do you mean by that? Where do I find any information about the CPID payment in this block info? This just seems like a general description of the technicals and contents of the block.

I realized some minor points of improvement in the whole process. First of all while performing the burn tx for the CPID association my wallet (seemingly) picked some random receive address for this. Would it be possible to specify the address associating (or tell it to create a new one for this purpose?). Or would this address matter at all?
Secondly the new wallet upon startup asks for the wallet-pw to unlock. I still haven't quite understood what this is needed for (I guess it's for the auto-payments sent to interact with PODC?), but this doesn't work for me. There is no message whether you put in the correct pw or not, and even if I DO use the correct pw, it doesn't unlock. When I choose settings->unlock wallet it works perfectly.

Thanks for all your efforts over the last few days and for managing the transition to PODC to go quite smoothly. Awesome work by all of you. Smiley

P.S.: last question: From my understanding the controller wallet is required to stake BBP AND mine (on 1 thread minimum). Where can I check, if the system recognizes my controller wallet to perform that way and how many BBP are staked at the moment?
Hi Dave_BBP,
Congratulations on the Heat Payment.
The magnitude does not rise above zero until after our first superblock which is in 5 hours.
'showblock height' should be executed from the RPC console.  It will show the CPID who signed the block.
The user cannot pick the receiving address for technical reasons, but they can Label the address in the address book.  They *can* pick the receiving address if they are an unbanked CPID and they associate the mobile device from the pool.
Good idea on checking the password upon entry - Noted.  Ill get that feature in.
Thanks for the compliments.
The current heat stake payment is approx 525 BBP per block.
To see if your controller wallet is mining, type 'getmininginfo' from the controller, and see if the HPS reading is above zero. The average is approx 50 HPS now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Seyar

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:36:58 PM

I don't know, but something is wrong with this project. There is so much development, so much community contribution (at least that's how they make it look like). The use of the coin and project itself seem great, but yet there is just over a million market cap and the value remains under 100sats by far.

So what is this all about, it just doesn't seem correct and I think there is more to it. Getting a bit weird all.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:37:46 PM

my associated wallet needs to be up and running/mining?

and i have debug log full of 'misbehaving' lines, what is this?

They are misbehaving because the botnet did not upgrade Smiley, that should go away relatively soon.
If not, Ill add a switch so you can shut off that piece of logging.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:38:52 PM

nothing works... there are no meaningful guidelines... it's only guessing and trying hard
i'm seriously thinking about selling everything and letting this project go...
Please set up one CPID and test PODC before you think of leaving Smiley.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:43:50 PM

On #1, stake weight is only important for PODC users.  Set 'utxoamount=50000' in your wallet to use the Max. (Thats the default coming in the new version later today btw).

Is this available from a certain wallet onwards (1.1.0.1.+)? Or is polpercentage also fine to use?

Its only fine to use polpercentage on the 1101- wallets, and thats OK, but those wallets have squirrely math we have discovered, in the bug in the leg decimal calculation, so I recommend upgrading those to 1106 (not out on windows yet), and using utxoweight=50000 instead.  If someone has a smaller balance, set the amount 2-3 bbp lower than the balance.  It does not need to be higher than the max on our Distributed Computing UTXO weight breaks chart however.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:47:46 PM

I don't know, but something is wrong with this project. There is so much development, so much community contribution (at least that's how they make it look like). The use of the coin and project itself seem great, but yet there is just over a million market cap and the value remains under 100sats by far.

So what is this all about, it just doesn't seem correct and I think there is more to it. Getting a bit weird all.

I think people are being a bit cautious to see if we can deliver each of the deliverables, which is very good on their part.

But I believe we are a diamond in the rough that will be refined through Jesus' wisdom.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:52:49 PM

Indeed a lot has been going on, and there is great potential. I think that once we have the technicalities in order and stable, it is wise for us to get some PR going so that we become more visible to the world Smiley

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:03:48 PM

OMG, were #4 already, what is Gridcoin going to say to us if we get to #1?

will be purge  Grin Grin Grin

ROB  prognozis this 24hours: it looks .ca 170-180 blocks now and still clasp more and more ... it looks good....

daemonko: zabudni uz na nejake multiwallety:s tym je uz koniec,zmier sa s tym  Grin

ROB can you free withdraw less 100 BBP from pool? exists users which got bbp on pool

MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:10:55 PM

Things seem to get more and more stable as hour pass. Great job Rob and all testers.

¿any plans on when to notify exchanges to enable wallets again? Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: