Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:49:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
ride22

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:39:01 PM

On a side note, I'd really love to see charities accepting BBP for donations (e.g. UNICEF, TEAR Fund). This "real-world" use case is important and would make us a truely unique crypto and prove our charity purpose.
A secondary use case would be to pay for things on Christian ecommerce sites, but I see Rob has this well under control, integrating with Amazon.

Why don't you contact those orgs and ask them if they would be interested.  Chances are likely they won't be right now, but the sooner and more often they have people asking about them then the better chance we will have of getting them to accept BBP. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alex873434

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:25:07 PM

Found some time so I decided to quickly set up a block explorer biblepay-explorer.org
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 03:28:54 PM

Found some time so I decided to quickly set up a block explorer biblepay-explorer.org

Wow, thats very impressive dude.
Hey, I was just going to post that Togo stayed up all night setting up a block explorer Smiley  OH NO.

But anyway, thank you very much for your help.  Now we have 3!

I really like the graphics.

http://biblepay-explorer.org

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Alex873434

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:32:34 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 04:13:31 PM by Alex873434

Hey, I was just going to post that Togo stayed up all night setting up a block explorer Smiley  OH NO.

But anyway, thank you very much for your help.  Now we have 3!

Haha, it's better to have more than not enough! At least now we have some kind of redundancy!

@Slovakia Just noticed that, must be a unit issue or something.

Edit: Oh also, it's just a default theme (Simplex)
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:00:04 PM

why diff flying from 3000 to 20000 when nethashrate is still stable? very weird

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 05:07:22 PM

Hey, I was just going to post that Togo stayed up all night setting up a block explorer Smiley  OH NO.

Haha, it's better to have more than not enough! At least now we have some kind of redundancy!

@Slovakia Just noticed that, must be a unit issue or something.

Edit: Oh also, it's just a default theme (Simplex)

Yeah, definitely.  I let coinmarketcap know of the new explorer.

EDIT: We can work on total networkhasps in testnet before f8000, we need to calibrate it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:43:15 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 06:16:25 PM by togoshigekata

Hahaha, was an interesting experience  Wink, here is the block explorer I made:

http://explorer.biblepay.org:3001/

Looks like Alex got the Explorer API set up, I wasnt sure how do do that part
I went with the Lumen theme, I think I got CCEX Market price working but didnt get buy/sell orders & volume working

I made notes through the whole process, so I will publish those later   Smiley

===

I noticed:

Wallet getinfo "difficulty": 4963.98773942109
Explorer Difficulty 49639.8773942109

Looks like the explorer x10s the difficulty it displays? I can report this if it is a bug

===

Also, note about hashrate,
I didnt know Giga meant 1 billion: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/9219/what-is-the-difference-between-kh-s-mh-s-and-gh-s

===

Does anyone know the addresses for the MinersOfMen Pool and for CCEX?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 07:39:01 PM

Hahaha, was an interesting experience  Wink, here is the block explorer I made:

http://explorer.biblepay.org:3001/

Looks like Alex got the Explorer API set up, I wasnt sure how do do that part
I went with the Lumen theme, I think I got CCEX Market price working but didnt get buy/sell orders & volume working

I made notes through the whole process, so I will publish those later   Smiley

===

I noticed:

Wallet getinfo "difficulty": 4963.98773942109
Explorer Difficulty 49639.8773942109

Looks like the explorer x10s the difficulty it displays? I can report this if it is a bug

===

Also, note about hashrate,
I didnt know Giga meant 1 billion: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/9219/what-is-the-difference-between-kh-s-mh-s-and-gh-s

===

Does anyone know the addresses for the MinersOfMen Pool and for CCEX?

I dont know MinersOfMen, is NSummy here?

The C-cex deposit address is : B6gscRo5SyR6EsR7iLdhJxtHu84ALNn93i.

Yeah, the Diff does need to be adjusted by the /10.  That was a biblepay change, so its not a bug for them Smiley

On the hashrate, I was starting to ask happy if he wanted to add up the pool.biblepay.org+minersofmen KH/S (since we have the exact number in the pool) and reverse engineer the total hash rate, then send me that factor and I will update the wallet code.  But- now that f8000 is coming in just 30 days, we should do that in testnet instead.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:14:57 PM

On a side note, I'd really love to see charities accepting BBP for donations (e.g. UNICEF, TEAR Fund). This "real-world" use case is important and would make us a truely unique crypto and prove our charity purpose.
A secondary use case would be to pay for things on Christian ecommerce sites, but I see Rob has this well under control, integrating with Amazon.

Why don't you contact those orgs and ask them if they would be interested.  Chances are likely they won't be right now, but the sooner and more often they have people asking about them then the better chance we will have of getting them to accept BBP. 

Good suggestion. I'll look at doing this in the New Year.
I think we should try to make BBP wallet as easy to use as possible. It has some fantastic features, but it would be cool for tech noobs to be able to pick up easily
Alex873434

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:49:14 PM

@Togo

If you chose true in the settings for the API then it is is enabled!

(Just tested and it looks like yours is enabled http://explorer.biblepay.org:3001/ext/getmoneysupply)

Then it is just a matter of displaying "real" transactions if you want to enable the panel.
togoshigekata

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:04:22 PM

(Just tested and it looks like yours is enabled http://explorer.biblepay.org:3001/ext/getmoneysupply)

Then it is just a matter of displaying "real" transactions if you want to enable the panel.

Hmmmm interesting, these are my settings, I guess API still works if the menu setting for it is false?:

// menu settings
  "display": {
    "api": false,
  },

I wasnt sure what to put here, does this part matter?:

// ensure links on API page are valid
  "api": {
    "blockindex": 1337,
    "blockhash": "1733320247b15ca2262be646397d1ffd6be953fa638ebb8f5dcbb4c2b91b34f1",
    "txhash": "f270cd3813254c9922a2e222a56ba745842d9112223a1394062e460b33d27b7e",
    "address": "RBiXWscC63Jdn1GfDtRj8hgv4Q6Zppvpwb"
  },

Thanks Alex!

Alex873434

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:08:23 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 11:21:25 PM by Alex873434

Hmmmm interesting, these are my settings, I guess API still works if the menu setting for it is false?:

// menu settings
  "display": {
    "api": false,
  },

I wasnt sure what to put here, does this part matter?:

// ensure links on API page are valid
  "api": {
    "blockindex": 1337,
    "blockhash": "1733320247b15ca2262be646397d1ffd6be953fa638ebb8f5dcbb4c2b91b34f1",
    "txhash": "f270cd3813254c9922a2e222a56ba745842d9112223a1394062e460b33d27b7e",
    "address": "RBiXWscC63Jdn1GfDtRj8hgv4Q6Zppvpwb"
  },

Thanks Alex!

Yup it just affects if the api panel is displayed or not!

For the second thing, it just wants actual valid data to make valid links if you have the api panel showing. So it can be anything as long as it exists on the blockchain!

Edit: @Slovakia Fixed the networkhash and difficulty display.
znffal

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:16:52 AM

good job finally getting the explorer working again guys

now can someone explain to me how its fair for a concentrated amount of people to have millions and millions of coins while the new comer gets a couple a day?

how can that new comer ever expect to sell a coin if the market will be flooded with sell orders from the 'power hashers'? its an unfair distribution of 'wealth'

serious question to 'rob' or other . no need to knee jerk delete this post

I think fair distribution is a problem for most cryptos. It is a challenging thing, and there are very few economists who seem to be working with coin devs to work on this issue.
The fact is, people who got in to mine early get better reward for their hashing time than those who get in later on. This can't be helped with current coin emission statistics (for most/all cryptos).
Rob has tried to address this issue in a variety of ways, the latest being to try to stop people running multiple  instances on a multi-core machine.

If you look at BTC it is impractical to mine it unless you have a supercomputer with crazy hash and free/dirt cheap electricity. The cool thing about BBP is that the reward for mining should be more fairly distributed, since it is is of no advantage to mine using GPU rigs, or with the new update, with more instances on a multi core comp.

This is never going to stop the fact that people can run 100 computers and mine way more than someone who mines on 1 comp.

Other things Rob has done is introduce a faucet, pay to write to orphans (the reward is quite good for a good letter), and is looking to reward linking to good articles. This will help smaller miners to generate income.

If you think about it, if someone in a poor country can earn $2 a week through faucet, mining, writing letters, linking to articles, that could make a huge difference to their life.
znffal

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:22:03 AM

now can someone explain to me how its fair for a concentrated amount of people to have millions and millions of coins while the new comer gets a couple a day?

how can that new comer ever expect to sell a coin if the market will be flooded with sell orders from the 'power hashers'? its an unfair distribution of 'wealth'

Also, I don;t understand what you mean here

"how can that new comer ever expect to sell a coin if the market will be flooded with sell orders from the 'power hashers'? its an unfair distribution of 'wealth'"

You can just sell to the highest buy order?
znffal

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:05:21 AM

I think fair distribution is a problem for most cryptos. It is a challenging thing, and there are very few economists who seem to be working with coin devs to work on this issue.
The fact is, people who got in to mine early get better reward for their hashing time than those who get in later on. This can't be helped with current coin emission statistics (for most/all cryptos).
Rob has tried to address this issue in a variety of ways, the latest being to try to stop people running multiple  instances on a multi-core machine.

If you look at BTC it is impractical to mine it unless you have a supercomputer with crazy hash and free/dirt cheap electricity. The cool thing about BBP is that the reward for mining should be more fairly distributed, since it is is of no advantage to mine using GPU rigs, or with the new update, with more instances on a multi core comp.

This is never going to stop the fact that people can run 100 computers and mine way more than someone who mines on 1 comp.

Other things Rob has done is introduce a faucet, pay to write to orphans (the reward is quite good for a good letter), and is looking to reward linking to good articles. This will help smaller miners to generate income.

If you think about it, if someone in a poor country can earn $2 a week through faucet, mining, writing letters, linking to articles, that could make a huge difference to their life.

having 20,000 coins every 7 minutes is not normal for most all cryptos. id say maybe this trend is starting to pick up as its the fastest way to turn a profit for a coin. just pump out millions of coins, be the first to get them, and turn around and sell them at the first exchange you can.

to underline this point, consider bitcoin. 50 coins every 10 minutes. that would mean even the early heavy hasher miners could only accumulate say 100,000 (?) coins at this point in time. on an exchange since bbp is unknown the starting price would have to be a satoshi or a bit more (say 10). so the profit would only be 10,000 satoshis . as a result the coin wouldnt have been desirable or profitable to mine

a better design would have been the original bitcoin emission imho. thats a proven model after all.

lastly, as to this idea of the poor african villager mining bbp. the math doesnt work out. if they can only mine , 50 coins a day, it is 500 satoshis. only two things would make $2 a week a reality. bbp would have increase by A LOT x A LOT and/or bitcoin would have to go up A LOT. at todays prices or even 10x today, i dont see that a reality

rob will surely delete this because heaven forbid some criticism reach his ears.

But hang on, the number of coins doesn't matter at all, what matters is the price of those coins (or the sum of the price of all coins, i.e. the "market cap").
If you mined every BBP coin in existance you wouldn't even make $200K.

BTC has 50 coins/min so in the 7 min block time of BBP that is 350 coins BUT the max number of BTC is 21 million.
BTC has 50 coins/10 min so in the 7 min block time of BBP that is 35 coins BUT the max number of BTC is 21 million.
In 7 min BBP produces MAX 20,000 BBP coins BUT the max number of BBP is 5.2 Billion.

Therefore in a 7min block time BTC is emitting 0.00166% of total coins
Therefore in a 7min block time BTC is emitting 0.000166% of total coins
and BBP is emitting MAX 0.00038% of its total coins.
Edit*  So reasonably equivalent*

I realise this is a tricky concept, but please be humble enough to at least consider that Rob is trying his best to do the right thing.

Regarding exchange fees, yes they are a real hassle. You can of course trade with someone without an exchange through some forum. I hope the concept of decentralised exchanges takes off so these coin exchanges are not run for profit.

Also, 50 coins a day? That seems low. What machine are you mining on?
Current letter bounty is 1700 or so...

EDIT: Misread the BTC block time, adjusted calculations

znffal

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:15:50 AM

Sorry for the editing in my previous post. I misread the BTC block time.

I just wanted to clarify that BBP block is between 5000 and 20000 depending on difficulty so in terms of max coins 1 block is between

0.000096% and 0.00038%

of total max coins
znffal

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Oh and sorry I missed one more thing you said

"a better design would have been the original bitcoin emission imho. thats a proven model after all."

Trust me, there are big big whales in BTC, 0.08% of BTC addresses hold ~ 60% of all BTC
( https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html )

So the problem is in BTC as well
znffal

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:25:02 AM

"a better design would have been the original bitcoin emission imho. thats a proven model after all."

Trust me, there are big big whales in BTC, 0.08% of BTC addresses hold ~ 60% of all BTC

i agree. btc is not perfect by any means. its the largest ponzi scheme ever invented

Cool, so then why copy them?
Sorry I am getting confused with all my post editing.

znffal

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:39:44 AM

i agree. btc is not perfect by any means. its the largest ponzi scheme ever invented

Cool, so then why copy them?
Sorry I am getting confused with all my post editing.

well for one it makes the coin more stable in terms of speculative pumping and dumping. like i said before, the only way for a miner to make profits on something priced at 10 satoshi or less is if it trades within 1-20. right? and thats only going to work if you have LOTS of coins to sell. you cant make anythign if you were getting 50 coins every 10 minutes esp not with exchanges getting in the way

so , btc is more 'stable' or 'honest' in that sense. it doesnt enable this early frenzy of pump and dump mentality for the 'quick spread'.

lastly a comment about your earlier points - if understood it. comparing btc and bbp as equivalent because they comparatively have the same 'max ceilings'; this is a red herring. neither btc nor bbp will be around long enough to ever reach these levels for it to all 'fairly even out'. tech is short lived,changes, you cant predict how long something will remain 'en vogue'.

what only matters is the present and the very near future that you can reliably (a)count on.

Ok, I am happy to agree to disagree. And truly, if you started a new coin which can help to solve the problem of wealth distribution, then I would be interested.
Perhaps though, you could tone it down a bit though with accusations. Many of us here are trying to do something good, if not perfect.
Thanks
togoshigekata

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:51:21 AM

Amanda B Johnson is awesome, shes going to be great at helping get regular every day people into cryptocurrencies

She recently made a proposal on DASH
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/ScalingUpPublicityWithAmandaPMBC

I enjoyed watching her DASH School series on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiFMZOlhgsYKKOUOVjQjESCXfR1cCYCod

Ive been watching DASH just a tiny bit, one interesting thing I read recently, is that they have so many budget proposals now, that they have another group of people who they pay out of the budget to summarize and critique and report back on all the other proposals hahaha, thats awesome!
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-detailed-research-analysis-of-all-dash-proposals-on-a-monthly-basis.17029/
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Proposal-Reporting

Im really curious to see how the DASH governance model scales.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: