Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:10:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
adrianbits

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:28:36 AM

Nothing is too late to change. Everything is possible with God!

I just realized that the ones who got in early already got a 10x value in their investment. So I do think good providence would favor lowering the prices. from $750 to $7700 in only 3 weeks or so? sounds like a great ROI already!

But changing it now would be extremely unfair to the people who have purchased BBP in recent days simply to get enough for a sanctuary. If there was someone who purchased all of the 1.55 million BBP at a premium price in the last few days, then that person was told actually only 100k is needed, then they will be annoyed that they spend way more than they need.
Additionally, if that were to happen people would dump their excess coins on he exchange and lower the price.
Out theoretical person will then have purchased 1.45 million more BBP than needed at a premium price and could not get their money back due to the drop in price.

On further thought I think this is very inaccurate. Someone who bought 1.5 million biblepay would find themselves in a very favorable position. They could buy more sanctuaries than they originally intended. Thats a big win! (3 for 1 deal for them)

Since no masternode has been sold yet, THIS would be time to do the right thing and alter plans for the benefit of the future. Sure its tempting to get those juicy $7k. But as i mentioned before you are just going to attract the wrong crowd. Shorted sighted profit taking sacrificing long term values.

Another question/point to make here. Why is there a requirement for 1.5 million in escrow? I think I understand it to be to support features such as instant send. But is that really a real life need TODAY? Is anyone transacting in biblepay between each other that its urgent that masternodes support a buffer for instant send to the tune of 1.5 million. That sounds very off to me.

Again, my vote is for lowering of masternode pricing 100k (perhaps 500k). It will make for a more democratic node base.

I completely disagree, but I'm not going to argue with you about it. We can agree to disasgree

Ok I agree you disagree Wink

Also it occurred to me that lowering the price actually wouldn't lower the ROI to nodes. Because even at third the price is still 2-3x what it was originally just 3 weeks ago. So it wouldn't introduce a flood of people getting nodes. A 2-3k investment is quite a barrier of entry. It would still weed out people and really draw in the 'middle class' miner so to speak. That group will be more committed long term to the project than the mine-for-profitability miners

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Iuliu

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:47:41 AM

After Sanctuaries Masternodes goes live, we need a popular and very used exchange, like : Bittrex , Poloniex ,  Livecoin even YoBit .
senbojiaju

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:10:39 PM

I want to see his appearance at HITbtc Wink Wink Wink
orbis

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:41:07 PM

Here is good opportunity.  Maybe it is not so big problem to get to Kucoin. But we will need many people with Twitter Smiley But I don't know what criteria must be followed. They made this weekly:
https://twitter.com/kucoincom/status/939108944798040065
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 02:52:10 PM

Adrian,

Would you please tone down the trash talk here?  And sit back and listen to the pros?  Its 1.5 MM BBP, and its not set that way for Greed.
You cant have it both ways- whether we start small and grow later, then you say that tranche was a bunch of heathens because they succeeded and now they have money to spend (meaning that you are just jealous).  We are fledgling and small and with the current price you can still buy a masternode for half of what it was yesterday. 

The important thing that makes us different is if our investors really care about the orphans, they wont be looking to buy new Mercedes Benz' and buying the superbowl tickets theyll be going on a gospel mission and feeding the hungry.  Maybe they will spend it to go to Israel.  Wouldnt that be cool?  So its how the investor is personally responsible in the long term.

Anyway you are detracting from the community.  You are basically accusing us to be a bunch of greedy slimeballs, and you have the disrespectful personality that coinpimp had.  If you are going to be disrespectful, please find a different project and stop posting here.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:19:16 PM

i was think,that this project is primary for CHILDREN like CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY:

this huge problems with mining looks on any botnet or china manoeuvrers ...

info for miners:
important to know that after new year will be rewards 50% less will be harder and harder mining,im scary about miners on pool

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 03:53:14 PM

i was think,that this project is primary for CHILDREN like CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY:

this huge problems with mining looks on any botnet or china manoeuvrers ...

info for miners:
important to know that after new year will be rewards 50% less will be harder and harder mining,im scary about miners on pool

So how did the founder ever steal a cent from an orphan or steal a block from the pool?

Maybe time to apologize and admit you were wrong Slovakia?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 03:54:22 PM

Steve Cioccolanti sent me this article to get us up to speed on Christian censorship going on in the FANG  currently (Facebook amazon netflix google and Twitter):

http://www.wnd.com/2017/12/tech-giants-online-censorship-of-christians-exposed/

So apparently what is happening is Twitter suspends conservative and Christian tweet owner accounts, but allows tweets from liberals with no such discipline.  Im not sure exactly what Google is doing at this point, possibly reranking search results containing quality Christian views.  I know the news is filtered with a left bias.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:00:22 PM

biblepay you wrote about stealing pools coins,that you had problems: can you explain us,if you fixed problems? it was on old topic, dont know where,but this BOTNET problems is problems on every coins,right, but when we checked last 5 days with my friends, we mined 2times more, and in same diff we mined 2times less? wuuuut?

and what is this? https://biblepay-explorer.org/network  95% is CHINA BOTNET: that IP is from 1 operator TELECOM .... very nice!!!

biblepay=chinacoin

and we must to say Biggest Losers*
BIBLEPAY 4th position

616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:24:00 PM

I remember reading about DASH Masternode Shares:

http://dashmasternode.org/masternode-shares/
https://masternode.me/#shares

Basically it sounds like someone offers a service where they:
- pool other peoples coins who are interested in owning part of a masternode
- run/maintain the masternode
- payout the rewards of the masternode monthly to everyone involved
- keep a small cut of the profits

I wonder how voting works in this scenario?

Well the price is too expensive to start with. If the idea is to introduce decentralization and voting, and then you only have rich people (in btc and hashpower) be able to afford it. As a result only rich people can vote.
A bit contrary to the messages of the Bible.

With this setup it will have a concentration of votes to a group of miners or very early participants in the pool.
Then what is the point of voting if you are overruled by a concentration of people?

For me its not even a goal to have at this point. Which is fine. I will be content with ricing price and little coins I  can continue to gen out.

The only MN Sharing I've seen is with DASH.  But they don't allow for voting, it was my understanding the operator of the MN who is selling the shares COULD vote but does not (although I may have misread that).

MN Sharing in DASH makes sense, it was started when the MN cost hit about $100K (maybe a bit before) and so the operator decided to sell 40 shares at 25 DASH each (for the 1000 needed) to reduce the cost to something more feasible.  But at this point, even a share of a MN there is $20K.

As recently as four weeks ago, the 1.5M BBP for a Sanctuary (MN) would have been about $1000, which compared to most MN coins was very very affordable.  As of this very moment, that would be over $4K, which is not cheap but still in the lower end of cost for MN overall.

While it may seem the rich and powerful have an edge in MN systems (which in some ways they do), the reality is it is necessary to somehow vet people who are going to vote.  And the simplest way is to require that they hold a reasonable portion of coins so they will, in theory, make good choices for the coin overall.  If you have a situation where anyone could vote, you would risk having hostile parties try to damage the coin.  That's not to say someone could be anti-BBP and run a MN, it's just much less likely.  And furthermore, that is not to say those without a MN don't have good ideas, they do.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:35:01 PM

Yes lower price would make sense. Maybe put the price of the nodes up for web forum vote right now? The original price must have been determined at the price at that time and whatever forecasted needs. So as btc/bbp price goes up the price can scale down to meet the same forecasts. That would be the most fair thing to do I think. I just think its out of reach to any common person right now.

My only interest in this is I would love to do a lot of good ideas on top of biblepay. Id love to be a part of the development team and I feel excluded in having a stake in the success if I cant even get in one node.

If the sales of nodes meets your budgetary needs for 2018 and of course personal profit as is well deserved, then why not attract an ARMY of devoted developers who each have a stake in the 'company'. That audience will be more productive than just rich miners that want to see more coins coming their way so they can sell them quickly.

Something around 100k would be my vote. that would be attainable to mine within 8 months.

Be flexible cause like open source, you will see exponential value and results when people have the right rewards and sense of ownership

You can still help and even become part of the development team without running a MN.  But I would advise you to understand how MN work better.  BBP does not enrich the devs any more than it would someone running the same hardware at the same level.  There was no pre-mine, there is no block reward that goes to the creator, it's all a matter of what hardware you bring to mine with and in what quantity.

One thing about your comment that makes me think you have missed a key point on MN is "if the sales of nodes meet your budgetary needs"...the coins you use for a MN are still yours.  The dev team does not get those coins.  They are just a "surety bond" as it were, proof that you own that set number.  But you retain total control of them.  So if I own 1.5M coins, I place them in a special part of my wallet which gives me the privilege of running a MN.  If I had 6M coins, I would put four batches of 1.5M in that special part of my wallet and could run four MN.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 04:37:35 PM

biblepay you wrote about stealing pools coins,that you had problems: can you explain us,if you fixed problems? it was on old topic, dont know where,but this BOTNET problems is problems on every coins,right, but when we checked last 5 days with my friends, we mined 2times more, and in same diff we mined 2times less? wuuuut?

and what is this? https://biblepay-explorer.org/network  95% is CHINA BOTNET: that IP is from 1 operator TELECOM .... very nice!!!

biblepay=chinacoin

and we must to say Biggest Losers*
BIBLEPAY 4th position

LOL, No I didnt.  I didnt write about it.

And Im not going to do the work for you to find your own lies, so please go ahead and find it.

Therefore, for the record:

ITS NOT REALITY DUDE

Find another community for non Christians, you do not have a Christian personality.

Btw, all our posts are still on our bitcointalk forum.

EDIT: If we are on the loser list today, thats called Profit Taking.  Thats normal after bringing in 40% new interest in one day and a 100% rise in price in one day.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
adrianbits

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:49:38 PM

Yes lower price would make sense. Maybe put the price of the nodes up for web forum vote right now? The original price must have been determined at the price at that time and whatever forecasted needs. So as btc/bbp price goes up the price can scale down to meet the same forecasts. That would be the most fair thing to do I think. I just think its out of reach to any common person right now.

My only interest in this is I would love to do a lot of good ideas on top of biblepay. Id love to be a part of the development team and I feel excluded in having a stake in the success if I cant even get in one node.

If the sales of nodes meets your budgetary needs for 2018 and of course personal profit as is well deserved, then why not attract an ARMY of devoted developers who each have a stake in the 'company'. That audience will be more productive than just rich miners that want to see more coins coming their way so they can sell them quickly.

Something around 100k would be my vote. that would be attainable to mine within 8 months.

Be flexible cause like open source, you will see exponential value and results when people have the right rewards and sense of ownership

You can still help and even become part of the development team without running a MN.  But I would advise you to understand how MN work better.  BBP does not enrich the devs any more than it would someone running the same hardware at the same level.  There was no pre-mine, there is no block reward that goes to the creator, it's all a matter of what hardware you bring to mine with and in what quantity.

One thing about your comment that makes me think you have missed a key point on MN is "if the sales of nodes meet your budgetary needs"...the coins you use for a MN are still yours.  The dev team does not get those coins.  They are just a "surety bond" as it were, proof that you own that set number.  But you retain total control of them.  So if I own 1.5M coins, I place them in a special part of my wallet which gives me the privilege of running a MN.  If I had 6M coins, I would put four batches of 1.5M in that special part of my wallet and could run four MN.

I understand how the masternode escrow system works. Yes someone who buys the coins doesnt spend them so the dev team gets them. But they obviously have to buy them from someone in the first place right? And its only logical that the very first persons mining the coin when the difficulty was super low (like 20,000 blocks every 7 minutes) was the dev team. (Not just them but for sure them)

Again nothing at all wrong with that. The dev team should def get funds to reward itself for its hard work! Everyone who works towards something should get a stake in it. Thats my whole point of lower cost of MN. Allow common people to get in to contribute.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:52:42 PM

"last but one step (./configure...) failed as follows: checking for SSL... no configure: error: openssl not found
any ideas? openssl is already installed at the newest version. i have ubuntu version: 16.04.3 LTS" - daemonko
Reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/dqyeshj/

slovakia

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:56:44 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 05:11:30 PM by slovakia

i have to explain that itsnt true that 1MN was for 1250$ its not real price ....... you never buy same coin for this price if exists only 2 exchanges and when is so bad .. BIBLE deleted my true about CCEX ....

we saw pumping BBP with big players how can they to affect BBP when exists huge amount
and this is very dangerously for BBP
https://biblepay-explorer.org/richlist
TOP100 wallets have over 65% all coins  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

try to check other coins how looks TOP100 richlists, exactly in reverse model  65% all wallets got all coins and only 35% from TOP100 got others

togoshigekata fixed, lastest 14 version got problem with ssl,he resinalled it   SOLVED

adrianbits

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:02:35 PM

Adrian,

Would you please tone down the trash talk here?  And sit back and listen to the pros?  Its 1.5 MM BBP, and its not set that way for Greed.
You cant have it both ways- whether we start small and grow later, then you say that tranche was a bunch of heathens because they succeeded and now they have money to spend (meaning that you are just jealous).  We are fledgling and small and with the current price you can still buy a masternode for half of what it was yesterday. 

The important thing that makes us different is if our investors really care about the orphans, they wont be looking to buy new Mercedes Benz' and buying the superbowl tickets theyll be going on a gospel mission and feeding the hungry.  Maybe they will spend it to go to Israel.  Wouldnt that be cool?  So its how the investor is personally responsible in the long term.

Anyway you are detracting from the community.  You are basically accusing us to be a bunch of greedy slimeballs, and you have the disrespectful personality that coinpimp had.  If you are going to be disrespectful, please find a different project and stop posting here.

I dont mean any disrespect at all. I am offering my opinions. We are all adults here and someone's opinion doesn't offend others like it did in grade school. They can scroll past it, post a counter view, ignore, etc.

ANYWAYS. i want to report a bug. I have had corruption with the chain. When i fire up the biblepayd it says something like 'the time set of the block is different form current time' (something like that I ditched the image to reinstall). I tried to do -reindex and -par=1 as some google results suggested. Did not fix the problem. This has happened 3 times now. But not on every machine. And yes my clock time on my computer is correct, etc.

If I get the error again I will let you know. I think I will try to mount the block data itself somewhere different. I dont know.
Gail.09

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:06:24 PM

This very interesting coin.. I don't know why they use this word and what's the purpose of this..
saintarchimedes

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:45:07 PM

I'm testing out one of my friend's 24 core processor but its showing the same hashrate as my 4 core intel?

What am I doing wrong? All the cores are being used since I changed in the console as shown in your tutorial and my CPU usuage hits 96%.

{
  "blocks": 20272,
  "currentblocksize": 1000,
  "currentblocktx": 0,
  "difficulty": 19192.08955023795,
  "errors": "",
  "genproclimit": 20,
  "networkhashps": 872660032836.8384,
  "hashps": 14319.2557090499,
  "minerstarttime": "12-08-2017 16:44:12",
  "pooledtx": 0,
  "testnet": false,
  "chain": "main",
  "biblepay-generate": true,
  "poolinfo1": "BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL; ",
  "poolinfo2": "RM_12-08-2017 16:44:11; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:11; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:11; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:11; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:12; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:12; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:12; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:12; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:12; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:13; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:13; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:13; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:13; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:13; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:14; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:14; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:14; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:14; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:14; RMC_12-08-2017 16:44:15; ",
  "poolinfo3": "",
  "miningpulse": 98,
  "poolmining": true
}
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:09:10 PM

"Is there any way to set up a bible pay wallet on mac? also is there anyway to mine BBP on a mac." -Pesky-Ninja
Reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7id9r9/advice_for_bible_pay_wallet_on_mac/

zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:11:56 PM

Here is a link to Compassion Magazine for December if anyone wants to read about Edwins baby elephant in Kenya:

https://magazine.compassion.com/?referer=572118&utm_source=xmpie&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cm_online_12_17

This is a great story about a man who was a child in Compassion’s program. His sponsors wrote him letters of encouragement and helped him get a college education.  He is now the head keeper and project manager at the world-renowned David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Nairobi Nursery for Orphans (orphan elephants).  He keeps the Bible he received as a boy at his Compassion center in his office desk drawer. Everyone should read this article to get a better understanding of how BiblePay will have a powerful long term positive impact on children's lives.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: