Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:17:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:44:50 PM

I believe these are lists of other BOINC projects:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Project_list
https://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php

Not sure if and how many of them are CPU only though and also align with our current mission of healing and curing

But yeah no need to jump the gun, but always good to look at options

Yeah, I think we can start a discussion since it may take a while for everyone to agree on the next one. One thing I'm worried about is if we are exceeding their demand. Did anyone notice if the number of available tasks has been slowly decreasing? I noticed that I'm still getting tasks but just not a lot of them so that means new tasks are still being generated.

It could also be so that you're getting tasks that missed the deadline on other machines. I don't know how it works, but maybe these tasks get redistributed after missing their deadline. so they are not actually generating new tasks. Just speculation Smiley

I remember reading somewhere that the same task is actually sent to multiple computers at the same time but I can't find it right now.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sparks1956

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:45:56 PM

I believe these are lists of other BOINC projects:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Project_list
https://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php

Not sure if and how many of them are CPU only though and also align with our current mission of healing and curing

But yeah no need to jump the gun, but always good to look at options
As long as there are no work units from Rosetta, I  am now running on my boinc clients  "Mapping Cancer Markers"  of World Community Grid. And they have other charity subprojects.
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:47:19 PM

Alright everyone,

I've been working on a PowerPoint that we can use for the Ghana Biblepay Awareness Tour. I'd really appreciate if I could get some feedback on it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eEz7DvHXIvqyO4vl1GiHuS8BtnOpvgpV

It's a little bit of Togo, a little bit of Lichtsucher, and a little bit of myself. Hope you don't mind Togo and Lichtsucher  Grin

The 'Biblepay and Ghana' section is really basic, but I want to leave that mostly to Cryptoshot (who is doing the tour in person).

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 06:54:29 PM

Good morning all, I see the catastrophic event of the day is that we ran out of Rosetta tasks!

First of all lets all remain patient, and consider that fortunately with our move to PODC, our payments are based on RAC - Recent Average Credit, and not on Daily Credit Delta Rewards, meaning that we have all built up a buffer of work that we can rely on in this time of draught.

Think of your RAC as a research savings account of stored up work.  It is reducing at a decay level of a couple percent per day (roughly), so if you have 1000 RAC today, you may have about 980 rac tomorrow and still receive 98% of your rewards today while Rosetta has no new tasks.

And since we are all in this together, we all decay together relatively speaking, so none of us has any advantage during this dry spell.

If you go to the RPC and type 'exec racdecay' you can take a look at how an average PC builds up RAC for an event like this.  And then imagine in the middle of the schedule, the effects on your RAC as you wait out a day.

In the mean time lets hope that Rosetta runs the task scheduler.  I have a lot of PMs, sorry for the delay.  Yes, we can talk about long term possibilities of backups, as long as they are Christian based.  Alzheimers, AIDS, etc.  Let's not jump to conclusions and overcomplicate our system.  Let's take this slow and see if Rosetta comes back with new tasks today.

I don't think any of them are Christian based. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

How often do tasks need to be submitted? Because if our all our task weights go to zero only a few people will get paid.

Right, I suppose in the sense that they are all science based, none are technically Christian created projects, but at least the few that are based in 'healing' or curing a disease in contrast to looking for aliens (paganism or darwinism) or discovering nanotechnologies (materialism) would be more aligned with our mission.

Regarding task weight dropping to zero you have a great point there.  The nice thing about PODC is we have 4 network modes and we are in heavenly mode right now.  If they dont have tasks by the end of the night, we can move ourselves down into DR mode #2 (possessed by UTXO).  That mode disregards taskweight, but still requires UTXO Weight * RAC to equal magnitude.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:00:54 PM

Talking about Rosseta, is it possible to perform PODC with PCs and Android devices at the same time?
Im not sure to understand what is this Unbanked CPID....
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 07:02:55 PM

Alright everyone,

I've been working on a PowerPoint that we can use for the Ghana Biblepay Awareness Tour. I'd really appreciate if I could get some feedback on it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eEz7DvHXIvqyO4vl1GiHuS8BtnOpvgpV

It's a little bit of Togo, a little bit of Lichtsucher, and a little bit of myself. Hope you don't mind Togo and Lichtsucher  Grin

The 'Biblepay and Ghana' section is really basic, but I want to leave that mostly to Cryptoshot (who is doing the tour in person).

This is absolutely fabulous, not just for the tour but also for our website and for new users to read!  It answers a LOT of questions people keep asking.  I can also use this to respond to some of my recurring e-mails!  

BEAUTIFUL JOB!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eEz7DvHXIvqyO4vl1GiHuS8BtnOpvgpV

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
tmike

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:03:07 PM

Good morning all, I see the catastrophic event of the day is that we ran out of Rosetta tasks!

First of all lets all remain patient, and consider that fortunately with our move to PODC, our payments are based on RAC - Recent Average Credit, and not on Daily Credit Delta Rewards, meaning that we have all built up a buffer of work that we can rely on in this time of draught.

Think of your RAC as a research savings account of stored up work.  It is reducing at a decay level of a couple percent per day (roughly), so if you have 1000 RAC today, you may have about 980 rac tomorrow and still receive 98% of your rewards today while Rosetta has no new tasks.

And since we are all in this together, we all decay together relatively speaking, so none of us has any advantage during this dry spell.

If you go to the RPC and type 'exec racdecay' you can take a look at how an average PC builds up RAC for an event like this.  And then imagine in the middle of the schedule, the effects on your RAC as you wait out a day.

In the mean time lets hope that Rosetta runs the task scheduler.  I have a lot of PMs, sorry for the delay.  Yes, we can talk about long term possibilities of backups, as long as they are Christian based.  Alzheimers, AIDS, etc.  Let's not jump to conclusions and overcomplicate our system.  Let's take this slow and see if Rosetta comes back with new tasks today.

I don't think any of them are Christian based. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

How often do tasks need to be submitted? Because if our all our task weights go to zero only a few people will get paid.

Right, I suppose in the sense that they are all science based, none are technically Christian created projects, but at least the few that are based in 'healing' or curing a disease in contrast to looking for aliens (paganism or darwinism) or discovering nanotechnologies (materialism) would be more aligned with our mission.

Regarding task weight dropping to zero you have a great point there.  The nice thing about PODC is we have 4 network modes and we are in heavenly mode right now.  If they dont have tasks by the end of the night, we can move ourselves down into DR mode #2 (possessed by UTXO).  That mode disregards taskweight, but still requires UTXO Weight * RAC to equal magnitude.

I forgot about that, sounds good Rob. By the way, it would be nice if we could make our own project, something that requires calculations but does not require someone to submit tasks. It would just keep calculating until it found a solution.

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 07:11:06 PM

I keep encountering crashes of the wallet on a 2012 server.

This has occurred on the last 3 wallet versions (but not prior)

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   biblepay-qt.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.1.7
  Application Timestamp:   5685c180
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_1c50
  Fault Module Version:   6.3.9600.17415
  Fault Module Timestamp:   5450559e
  Exception Code:   c0000374
  Exception Offset:   PCH_BA_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000911FA
  OS Version:   6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   1c50
  Additional Information 2:   1c500c11da55e5703b61eb12a674b355
  Additional Information 3:   c986
  Additional Information 4:   c986aa7b00eb6bcf6ff1592b550b907d

anyone else seen this?
tmike

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:12:14 PM

I keep encountering crashes of the wallet on a 2012 server.

This has occurred on the last 3 wallet versions (but not prior)

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   biblepay-qt.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.1.7
  Application Timestamp:   5685c180
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_1c50
  Fault Module Version:   6.3.9600.17415
  Fault Module Timestamp:   5450559e
  Exception Code:   c0000374
  Exception Offset:   PCH_BA_FROM_ntdll+0x00000000000911FA
  OS Version:   6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   1c50
  Additional Information 2:   1c500c11da55e5703b61eb12a674b355
  Additional Information 3:   c986
  Additional Information 4:   c986aa7b00eb6bcf6ff1592b550b907d

anyone else seen this?

Do you have more than 1 mining thread? If you do it might crash if your using Windows wallet.

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:13:30 PM

wallet on my winserver crashed too 4-5 months ago  ... ROB never answered where is problem ...

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:16:25 PM

Alright everyone,

This is absolutely fabulous, not just for the tour but also for our website and for new users to read!  It answers a LOT of questions people keep asking.  I can also use this to respond to some of my recurring e-mails!  

BEAUTIFUL JOB!

Wow this really is FANTASTIC! Great work Jaap!!!

Would love to post this on Reddit and Twitter and have it added to our Website!

Please submit a proposal for all the great work your have been doing Jaap, Support, PR, etc, You have my vote!

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 07:18:13 PM

Do you have more than 1 mining thread? If you do it might crash if your using Windows wallet.

Yep, trying to heatmine while podc is unable to work.

Perhaps it's futile,  the reward on heatmining is almost nothing now..  Supposedly i'm #1 in hps, but so far made 80 bbp /today
tmike

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:28:16 PM

Yep, trying to heatmine while podc is unable to work.

Perhaps it's futile,  the reward on heatmining is almost nothing now..  Supposedly i'm #1 in hps, but so far made 80 bbp /today

It should be fine on linux if you want to try that. Where does it say your #1, I think a lot of people are solo mining.

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 07:31:35 PM

It should be fine on linux if you want to try that. Where does it say your #1, I think a lot of people are solo mining.

Perhaps i'll switch.  Was talking bout the pool stats
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 07:35:00 PM

wallet on my winserver crashed too 4-5 months ago  ... ROB never answered where is problem ...
Yes - heres your answer: you never provided the debug.log nor responded to the post about running it on valgrind.  I posted in Testnet a windows app crash report is not useful.

You only like to find flaws but dont help the community - you detract continuing to be a net negative but we being loving Christians overlook your Demonic nature, and I now add you to my prayer list.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 07:41:32 PM

Yes - heres your answer: you never provided the debug.log nor responded to the post about running it on valgrind.  I posted in Testnet a windows app crash report is not useful.

Clue me in here Rob, i'd be happy to gather any pertinent info.

jaapgvk

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:54:56 PM

Alright everyone,

BEAUTIFUL JOB!

Thanks Cheesy Togo also, without you I would have spent a lot more time on this. (Btw Togo, I'm also working on what would be a good website-layout for biblepay.org, and I appreciate what you're doing immensely also.)

Anyway, I just made an updated 'general edition' of the PowerPoint. I deleted unnecessary slides and added the staking requirements that Lichtsucher made for his guide, so the PowerPoint is both 'pre- and post-April 1st proof' as of now.

I think it is good enough to provide general information to people as-is (Reddit, emails). But I'd still like to receive feedback on grammar/technicalities/wording, so I can make it as best as I can  Smiley

Biblepay PowerPoint 'general edition':
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j23cjOYpBH-9XpBSOtjyxbDYS9Vmjtak

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 08:04:04 PM

Clue me in here Rob, i'd be happy to gather any pertinent info.

This may or may not work, but add 'debug=true' and 'debugmaster=true' to the config, restart, try to reproduce the problem then after the crash paste the debug.log trail (last 200 lines) in a [ code ] snippet.  If that does not work you will have to run it in valigrind mode:
./valgrind biblepay-qt

But its probably the CPID, see if any getmininginfo errors exist?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 08:11:24 PM

I have some slightly bad news, nothing we can't overcome today, but nevertheless one more pain point:

Todays superblocks have merged together, and this is going to result in one or the other winning.

Obviously with so much at stake ($20,000 for Compassion already sold on the exchange, the Africa mission, the Cameroon one orphans) etc, we must focus on paying the monthly superblock today and canceling todays PODC superblock.

On the bright side, with so many Task problems, its probably good this happened today vs. any other day.

Unfortunately to make things worse, the only way to prevent this in April and May is if we had a mandatory, but Im really not for or recommending a mandatory again until June.  So I think what we will do is continue to cancel the PODC if this happens to next months superblock, and only if we *require* a mandatory upgrade for any other reason then I will fix the problem permanently.  On the other hand, we will definitely fix it before the end of May so we can include it in Junes mandatory upgrade.

Sorry for the inconvenience, the chances of this happening were very low and the issue was even worked on before we went live, but the actual parameter didnt get used in the code that actually still needs changed.

In about 6 hours Ill check the gobject values and paste some commands in for sancs to help vote on the monthly superblock.

The only positive thing about this is for the investors who are not researchers:  This situation lowered our total emission.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:24:27 PM

I have some slightly bad news, nothing we can't overcome today, but nevertheless one more pain point:

Todays superblocks have merged together, and this is going to result in one or the other winning.

Obviously with so much at stake ($20,000 for Compassion already sold on the exchange, the Africa mission, the Cameroon one orphans) etc, we must focus on paying the monthly superblock today and canceling todays PODC superblock.

On the bright side, with so many Task problems, its probably good this happened today vs. any other day.

Unfortunately to make things worse, the only way to prevent this in April and May is if we had a mandatory, but Im really not for or recommending a mandatory again until June.  So I think what we will do is continue to cancel the PODC if this happens to next months superblock, and only if we *require* a mandatory upgrade for any other reason then I will fix the problem permanently.  On the other hand, we will definitely fix it before the end of May so we can include it in Junes mandatory upgrade.

Sorry for the inconvenience, the chances of this happening were very low and the issue was even worked on before we went live, but the actual parameter didnt get used in the code that actually still needs changed.

In about 6 hours Ill check the gobject values and paste some commands in for sancs to help vote on the monthly superblock.

The only positive thing about this is for the investors who are not researchers:  This situation lowered our total emission.

Ah well, it is as it is. Fortunately it is something that we can fix in the future. In six hours it will be 4 A.M. here though Grin So I don't think I can be of any help...

Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: