Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:36:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:47:46 AM

guys, is there any tutorial how to setup WCG ?
i want to try it out on one-two machines and compare (as i have few exactly same machines)

It's almost the same as setting up Rosetta@home.

On linux, run the usual installation you can find here:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_2

But use the WCG address instead:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org

So for example:

Get account key:
Code:

boinccmd --lookup_account http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org USRNAME PWD

Attach project:
Code:
boinccmd --project_attach http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org <Account Key>

i did it and it is computing now, but should i somehow connect it with roseta or bbp or what? because i could not see that i'm participating to two projects, it looks like i have 2 different accounts

Your CPID needs to be the same, and Boinc will automatically sync between projects (in most cases). After you finished your first tasks with WGC, it will probably sync and both CPID's will be the same.

You need to use the same email address on both projects. And you also need to join team Biblepay at WGC to get rewards.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:54:06 AM

Biblepay Pool now has a new way to write a letter to an orphan:

Click on Orphans | Write letter.

This list is every orphan who has not received a letter within 60 days (thats needwritten=true) and who also does not have a pending letter (non-approved letter).

And you can left click on the row to write (in contrast to right clicking).

Rob, I think this is so good! Smiley

I really hope this makes it easier for people to write letters, and to enhance their letters quality.

Everybody, please try writing a letter to an orphan and let us know if the proces works for you.

Just go to the pool and select 'Orphans > Write Letter'.

All the orphans listed here need a letter written to them. If you click on them, a window opens with:
-Their biography
-The letters the orphan has written
-A box in which you can type your letter to them.

If you'd like, you can also add a photo to your letter.

Also, please take some time to vote on the letters already written Smiley

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:21:54 PM

I'm considering making another block explorer - more as an exercise for myself than any other reason, although I do think having more is ok. A quick question though...any thoughts on using a sanctuary server to also host the explorer? My sanc servers are woefully underutilized (apart from memory, perhaps, and I could certainly up that), and it would avoid a new wallet install. Pros/Cons?
capulo

Activity: 491
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:39:17 PM

i want to try it out on one-two machines and compare (as i have few exactly same machines)

So for example:

Get account key:
Code:

Attach project:
Code:

i did it and it is computing now, but should i somehow connect it with roseta or bbp or what? because i could not see that i'm participating to two projects, it looks like i have 2 different accounts

Your CPID needs to be the same, and Boinc will automatically sync between projects (in most cases). After you finished your first tasks with WGC, it will probably sync and both CPID's will be the same.

You need to use the same email address on both projects. And you also need to join team Biblepay at WGC to get rewards.

have finished few tasks in wcg, have same emails and joined biblepay team, but still not same cpid Sad
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 03:21:44 PM

** CHINESE WALLET UPDATE **

Note:  Versions of the wallet up to 1.1.1.8 did not display Chinese Unicode characters correctly!
Last night, we merged J Guan's Chinese Translation in.

The linux build is available, but we have not created a release for it yet.

So if any Asian user is seeing "?" for the buttons, this will fix the problem.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 06:49:16 PM

So for example:

Get account key:
Code:

Attach project:
Code:

have finished few tasks in wcg, have same emails and joined biblepay team, but still not same cpid Sad

Ensure WCG e-mail 'case' is correct also, and sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for WCG to update your cpid.
The CPID should be seen on the WCG web portal under 'cross-project-id'.

In every case so far, saving the correct e-mail then solving a WCG task from a boinc-manager where RAH is already mounted and solvings tasks has caused the CPID to update in WCG after 24 hours, so Im confident it will work for you!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 07:01:54 PM

We're #54 in the world, not bad:

https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/detail/831912762/charts

We have an average growth rate of +.78 RAH users per day, not bad...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
noxpost

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:18:15 PM

Whoa, what happened to the sanctuary list? Out of 183, only 67 are in enabled. Almost as many are in "NEW_START_REQUIRED"

Does that just mean people didn't upgrade to the latest mandatory?
noxpost

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:28:05 PM

I'm considering making another block explorer - more as an exercise for myself than any other reason, although I do think having more is ok. A quick question though...any thoughts on using a sanctuary server to also host the explorer? My sanc servers are woefully underutilized (apart from memory, perhaps, and I could certainly up that), and it would avoid a new wallet install. Pros/Cons?
So I've gone through Togo's setup guide and I have a new block explorer running - kind of.

The only problem I have with it is the API key. I don't have a C-CEX account (I use SouthXChange), and Iquidus doesn't support SouthXChange.

(Full disclosure, I have messaged Togo directly about this, but I want to open it to a wider net). Can anyone give me either a functioning read-only API key for C-CEX, or better, an invite code so I can register and make my own? That seems to be the last thing in my way, other than DNS. I'd like to get this up; let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks
noxpost

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:51:01 PM

Whoa, what happened to the sanctuary list? Out of 183, only 67 are in enabled. Almost as many are in "NEW_START_REQUIRED"

Weirdly, I've been watching the masternode count enabled results over the last 2 hours or so and it has been steadily climbing, now up to 96. Could everyone have upgraded at once? That seems...unlikely.
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:02:20 PM

So I've gone through Togo's setup guide and I have a new block explorer running - kind of.

The only problem I have with it is the API key. I don't have a C-CEX account (I use SouthXChange), and Iquidus doesn't support SouthXChange.

(Full disclosure, I have messaged Togo directly about this, but I want to open it to a wider net). Can anyone give me either a functioning read-only API key for C-CEX, or better, an invite code so I can register and make my own? That seems to be the last thing in my way, other than DNS. I'd like to get this up; let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks

If you are talking about pulling the current price, maybe you can use this public API?

https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/ticker/biblepay/

It's also strictly better than using price from just one exchange, because this value shows the average price between exchanges, while taking into account individual volumes. Also, it's future-proof because you don't have to change your code when BiblePay gets listed at another exchange. Just make sure to call the API on the client-side, so that you don't run into the usage limit.
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:00:34 PM

Weirdly, I've been watching the masternode count enabled results over the last 2 hours or so and it has been steadily climbing, now up to 96. Could everyone have upgraded at once? That seems...unlikely.
Maybe everyone was on the same server host and the host reset their servers?
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:16:09 AM

We're #54 in the world, not bad:

https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/detail/831912762/charts

We have an average growth rate of +.78 RAH users per day, not bad...

I do this over on Slack (and also will try to pump it on Discord) but here it is, all data is compiled (generally) from http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=bwcg&team=35006 and http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=rah&team=15044

Daily BOINC update:

R@h (Rosetta@home) 24th all time, 208M credits, three days to take 23rd place, number one in RAC at 5.2M, vs Gridcoin 4.5M, TSC!Russia 580K, Czech National Team 325K, [H]ard|OCP 300K

WCG (World Community Grid) up to 1437th all time with 10.4M credits (credits at WCG are equivalent to BOINC, using the conversion factor at stats.free-dc.org) , nine days to top 1000 at this rate (April 20th) RAC to 600K, 18th overall still for Team RAC (equivalent)

This is a great marketing piece as we're making a HUGE impact in the research community, accounting for approximately 20% of the work at R@h.   And to think we're already in only about 12 weeks, the number 24 team of all time on a project that is 13 years old, shows how much we can do with this.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
hsb

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:20:07 AM

is WCG project CPU only?or it's GPU friendly?
melanie19283

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:27:32 AM

Quietly potential Shocked Should I invest a little bit?
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:12:37 AM

Quietly potential Shocked Should I invest a little bit?

I don't know if we can call it "potential" or not, but I know of several other alt-coins that have similar or even less features, development and vision than BiblePay has, yet they trade at ten times its value.

Still, there is a long way ahead to go for this project.
toyo87

Activity: 738
Merit: 100

Follow on Twitter @realToyoTheo

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:41:44 AM

Why is my BOINc being suspended?

This happened if wallet is generating.

If i exit wallet it will start working/running

Must i run both the BOINC and wallet the same time before i can mine biblepay?

🧬⛓Blockchain ENTHUSIAST and EVANGELIST🎊. Crypto Investor💻, Miner🧰, Trader👨‍💻. Project Ambassadors👨‍💼, Community Manager👥, Blogger🥳 & MORE.
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:50:35 AM

Yes, but Boinc doesn't have to be on the same computer as the BiblePay wallet. For example, you could be BBP mining on Computer A and Boinc-ing on computer B, but link boinc account to BBP wallet on comp A.

But in theory you can do both on one machine. In your config file what is

genproclimit

set to? 
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 01:20:12 PM

Yes, but Boinc doesn't have to be on the same computer as the BiblePay wallet. For example, you could be BBP mining on Computer A and Boinc-ing on computer B, but link boinc account to BBP wallet on comp A.

But in theory you can do both on one machine. In your config file what is

genproclimit

set to?  

Yeah, although it might be her 'genproclimit=1' problem, he might have an issue in his Boinc settings,
Check Boinc | Options | Computing Preferences, see if there is something saved in your settings that suspends boinc when computer is in use (thats a good feature!).

On genproclimit=1 btw, we recommend this to be 1 so that Biblepay only consumes 5% or less of the controller wallet CPU use.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 01:58:23 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 01:26:04 PM by bible_pay

State of 'the' BiblePay (Development-wise) and Otherwise:

- J Guan merged in Chinese Translations

- Anton G merged in the "Hand of God" wallet theme <- This is a huge contribution.  I spent last night tinting a few broken (non Hand of God, but general) icons that kept breaking the build, build is rebuilding now for testnet, so we should be able to take a look at this later today.

- MIP has created Biblepay Mobile for Android, and btw, we gave him an exchange e-mail for support (it will be in the Android play store).  I would help test this but I dont have an Android.  (I might be picking one up asap to help out).  This is a huge contribution bringing us closer to unbanked services and cancer mining without any home PC for setup.  And of course this allows the unbanked to transfer in and out of BTC without a PC.

- Licht has been working on biblepay-central proposals and making purepool honor the core wallet rules, and on the api.  And working on the new mining guides.

- I've been working on Stratis blockchain sync.  I've ported our version of Groestl into Stratis, and successfully hashed one block so far using X11 + biblepay.c in c#.  This still needs a lot of work, as next I have to port the entire KJV bible into Stratis.  Im also working on the Stratis UI.

- Nox enhancing our whitepaper.

- 616West is starting youtoube show.

- Luke and Togo going on Canary Cry radio

- T-Mike creating PODC forum

- Bhavani is creating Proposals in the core wallet.  He is adding a QT5 Grid to show a list of active Proposals (ie those that need voted).  He is going to make it so you can vote on a proposal in the wallet by right clicking the row, and seeing: Vote for, vote against, Chart proposal, View Proposal, etc.  The Chart Proposal option will bring up a qt5-in-wallet pie chart with the current proposal voting statistics.

- CoinExchange.IO approved our exchange application and offered 50% discount (they want 2btc to list us).  We told them we will wait for our treasurer (Jaap) to save up the remaining and then we will hold a vote.

- Biblepay Testnet Branch created!  We now have a dedicated branch for our development team to push commits to.  Dev team, please push  commits to the 'test' branch.  I am working on automated build process that will push the windows EXE for test automatically up to the download section (will work with Tom on exposing that).

- April, Togo, Jaap and Thomas have been working on enhancing the website!  Ive heard nothing but good compliments on the content April and the team is contributing (IE basically establishing a professional presence, vs. not having a presence).

- Cameroon One is working with me on integrating IT wise- they are on-board!  They are creating URLs for each child now, and will support our child communications outbound into Cameroon.

- I'm working on a financial proof of concept with quants for Q3 proof-of-concept for biblepay, for financial related feature(s)

- Jaap working on partnerships and acting as Exchange Treasurer

- Cryptoshot (Habib) launching the Ghana Blockchain Conference!  And running the live Twitter feed! 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: