Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:26:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 01:39:02 AM

Maybe we could also hand them out in conjunction with a paper wallet. That would be a great 'getting started' thing I think Smiley

I've got a little budget in the last superblock. I'm going to use it to pay an illustrator to the visual content for the booklet. But I would also appreciate some input on that should definitely in the booklet concerning text content. If anyone has any suggestions, please PM me Smiley

Like an executive summary?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:52:43 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2018, 07:05:57 AM by inblue

Ive submitted us for a slot for a Bitcointalk Banner Ad again,
I think we have a higher chance of not getting rejected this time

Why do you think so? Theymos is notorious for rejecting projects which he personally doesn't like, under that bizarre excuse that "it's an ICO". I researched a bit and found out about other coins which had the same fate as BiblePay - they got rejected with that same reason, and they are of course not ICOs. And he doesn't respond anymore after that, for example if you try to say that it's not an ICO, or anything for that matter. I can't believe he can get away with that, it's like he's trying to a find a rule which the ad would break, and maybe the ICO rule is not provable or something. While betting and gambling ads are completely fine with him, where people lose money. They are in fact running right now. I don't have high hopes that he will approve the ad this time around, because he will remember that he already rejected it.

But in any case, my advice is to clearly write in big letters that BiblePay is not an ICO, that it's a 1-year old project! In fact I would put that in the first sentence as the header of the post - that way he can't miss it and can't say that it's an ICO again.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:17:45 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2018, 08:11:54 AM by togoshigekata

Why do you think so?

January, we were rejected, for being a Masternode coin
February 13th, Argo was rejected, Masternode coin
April 9th, Phore, Masternode coin, got 2 banner ads!

I havent tried again for a long time, given that Phore got an ad I think we have a chance,
otherwise I will appeal in the Meta section

BiblePay had no premine and was launched on Bitcointalk

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:06:58 AM

Maybe we could also hand them out in conjunction with a paper wallet. That would be a great 'getting started' thing I think Smiley

I've got a little budget in the last superblock. I'm going to use it to pay an illustrator to the visual content for the booklet. But I would also appreciate some input on that should definitely in the booklet concerning text content. If anyone has any suggestions, please PM me Smiley

Like an executive summary?

I had to google that, haha! But yeah, something like that. But a bit more playful I guess (for example by using illustrations to show what we do). Concerning text I'm thinking about a less-is-more approach.

-Explain what we do and how we do it (using the information to be found on our new website (+ whitepaper)).
-Give people pointers on how to get involved/started. There could even be a guide on how to import the paper wallet on your mobile (so people can start sending BBP to each other right on the spot as a great tech demonstration).

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
Brian879

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:05:34 PM

Why do you think so?

I havent tried again for a long time, given that Phore got an ad I think we have a chance,

I don't think that has anything to do with being a "masternode" coin. It depends on wether there was an ICO or not. If there was a premine and the dev sold a portion of the coins to early backers..it means there was an ICO...it doesn't matter what "type" of coins it is. I think that might have been where the confusion was and why it was rejected...as they thought BBP had an ICO.

As you said, BBP did not have an ICO. No premine and was free for all since the start. I think that's how you should explain it and not focus on the "masternode" coin aspect as it is not relevant.
jaapgvk

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:09:07 PM

Why do you think so?

I don't think that has anything to do with being a "masternode" coin. It depends on wether there was an ICO or not. If there was a premine and the dev sold a portion of the coins to early backers..it means there was an ICO...it doesn't matter what "type" of coins it is. I think that might have been where the confusion was and why it was rejected...as they thought BBP had an ICO.

As you said, BBP did not have an ICO. No premine and was free for all since the start. I think that's how you should explain it and not focus on the "masternode" coin aspect as it is not relevant.

I hope you are right and we can get a campaign going  Smiley

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:12:58 PM

There are a lot of letters from orphans in the pool that deserve a reply form us. There is a big bounty on writing letters (about 1350BBP)!

Guide to writing a letter:

1. Create an account on pool.biblepay.org
2. Write a letter!

-In the menu, go to ‘Orphans > Write Letter’.
-A list will appear with all the orphans that still need a letter written this month.
-When you left-click on one of the orphans, a box will appear with all their information.
-On the top there is a link to ‘Letter Writing Tips’ so you can write a good letter.
-On the left you can write your letter.
-On the right is their bio.
-On the bottom is a list of all the letters we received from them. It is advised to use their laters letters as a guideline for your own letter.
-You can also attach a nice picture with the button underneath the bio!

BiblePay works with a voting system in order to see if your letter is of good enough quality to really be sent.
You can see all the letters that have to be voted on at ‘Orphans > Outgoing Letters’.
If you would be so kind to up- or downvote a couple of letters after you’ve written your own, the system will sustain itself.

Thanks!  Cool

inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:15:12 PM

Why do you think so?

Exactly, this is correct. Also, it's much better to write this information right in the ad proposal (no ICO, no premine, free for all...), rather than in the meta appeal post after rejection.
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:37:42 PM

Why do you think so? Theymos is notorious for rejecting projects which he personally doesn't like, under that bizarre excuse that "it's an ICO". I researched a bit and found out about other coins which had the same fate as BiblePay - they got rejected with that same reason, and they are of course not ICOs. And he doesn't respond anymore after that, for example if you try to say that it's not an ICO, or anything for that matter. I can't believe he can get away with that, it's like he's trying to a find a rule which the ad would break, and maybe the ICO rule is not provable or something. While betting and gambling ads are completely fine with him, where people lose money. They are in fact running right now. I don't have high hopes that he will approve the ad this time around, because he will remember that he already rejected it.

But in any case, my advice is to clearly write in big letters that BiblePay is not an ICO, that it's a 1-year old project! In fact I would put that in the first sentence as the header of the post - that way he can't miss it and can't say that it's an ICO again.
its classic/same way when owners of 3 big exchanges wrote me that BBP is scam..... its same ... im tried to ask if they can list us for btc/etg  Huh

bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 04:43:59 PM

its classic/same way when owners of 3 big exchanges wrote me that BBP is scam..... its same ... im tried to ask if they can list us for btc/etg  Huh

No - I don't believe that the top 3 exchanges said we were a scam.  Please give me the contact info and let me verify this, and/or take up communication with them.

I believe you made this up.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 04:45:23 PM

** Huge News for Mac **

We are now fully supporting the Mac OS!

Web site being updated now with mac download link:

https://www.biblepay.org/biblepaycore.dmg

Please test this on various mac flavors!

Great job MIP for making this happen!  MIP is debugging MacOSX in house and making releases.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
seeksilence1

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:31:43 PM

I just found I missed last POBH payment for block 53505. Is there a way to know why? Nothing changed since block 53300 and I have several PODC updates.
From the pool website, the rosseta leaderboard only has the lastest block. Is there a way to check the block 53505?
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:45:06 PM

I just found I missed last POBH payment for block 53505. Is there a way to know why? Nothing changed since block 53300 and I have several PODC updates.
From the pool website, the rosseta leaderboard only has the lastest block. Is there a way to check the block 53505?
Easiest way is to check on biblepay-central.org. There is a history of PODC payments, PODC updates etc. The payments are not quite accurate, but give a good idea. Wink
seeksilence1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:38:10 PM

Easiest way is to check on biblepay-central.org. There is a history of PODC payments, PODC updates etc. The payments are not quite accurate, but give a good idea. Wink

Thanks. I just checked the website. It says I should have similar payment as block 53300. No idea why I did not receive it.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:48:25 PM

REMINDER: Our next Budget Cycle is coming up fast, about 8 days away

Every month 20% of coins are held back and then paid out to passing Proposals, voted on by Masternodes (Sanctuaries)

50% is allocated for Charity
25% IT
12.5% PR
12.5% P2P

===

Budget: 15,375,000 BBP

Current Block: 53688
Superblock: 55350
Average Block Time: 7 minutes

Estimated Superblock Time: June 29, 2018, 6:02 a.m

===

BiblePay Central by Licht shows Estimated Superblock time, Budget Amount and Proposals:
https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/proposals/

Can also use command:

Code:
getgovernanceinfo

BiblePay Pool by Rob can Create Proposals and View Proposals
https://pool.biblepay.org/ >>> Governance >>> Proposal List or Add

===

There arent many proposals this month and we are running out of time to discuss and vote on them,
so please submit a proposal if there is any work you would like to contribute, or some way you think the funds should be used!

Also remember half of the Budget has to get sold to fund Charity proposals!

BiblePay Proposals Subforum:
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=5.0

Anyone can submit a proposal!
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2#SUBMIT_PROPOSAL

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 09:33:52 PM

Imho the phrase should be the payment history is generally 95% accurate or higher.  The history snapshot is taken from one sanctuarys view of the network.

There is a chance that a new cpid, or a cpid that had a change in magnitude was not viewed as part of the consensus at the time the history snapshot was taken.

But in general it should be 95% accurate or higher.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 09:35:16 PM

All outbound orphan letters to compassion, bloom and cameroon one have been sent.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
seeksilence1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:49:51 PM

Imho the phrase should be the payment history is generally 95% accurate or higher.  The history snapshot is taken from one sanctuarys view of the network.

There is a chance that a new cpid, or a cpid that had a change in magnitude was not viewed as part of the consensus at the time the history snapshot was taken.

But in general it should be 95% accurate or higher.

So missing some payment is normal? My wallet just had incoming transaction and PODC updates since block 53300. It is an old cpid. Nothing changed. What do you mean a change in magnitude? When will it happen to an old cpid?
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:58:53 PM

To help coordinate our exchange efforts, would be nice to have a list of exchanges we've contacted and occasional status updates, cost for listing, etc.

Is a list of this type already available somewhere?
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 10:10:31 PM

Did the way PoDC Update change? I remember 1.1.2.4 used to sweep all funds to one wallet address (the one associated with CPID in pool.biblepay.org?). But now it seems change addresses are growing with every PoDC Update. Was there a decision to try to make it harder to track wallet addresses?

Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: