Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:44:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:13:34 PM

It seems there is another strange block around there, half of my MNs have all stopped just at 65736 and then expired.

Did our recovery mode catch it or are they not yet on that new version yet?

Mine look OK today, but I do see 2 that say restart required all of a sudden.

Same here, expired, restart required about 12 hours ago.

We recently added a feature to 1.1.4.5 to allow a node to recover.  I'm pushing this (on the linux side) to the latest version now so we can upgrade to this version (if we find we need to upgrade nodes today).

Did these sancs in question crash, or fork, or are they still synced guys?

biblepayd stopped running, so I restarted it, then restarted the sanc from the controller wallet, synced at block 65930.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 03:18:19 PM

Decimal Separator
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator#Hindu%E2%80%93Arabic_numeral_system

I didnt know so many people did it differently LOL
How do we please both sides?

12,900 vs 12.900 vs 12 900?

This is generally called currency formatting in IT.  In bitcoincore they solve the formatting problem with a space where the US commas would be.
Then we look at the current user region for the decimal notation ("." or ",") for the fractional part of the currency. 

This works great on a desktop app, but is not guaranteed to be so easy on a web site to accomplish.  We could potentially allow a user to set the currency format preference in account settings.  But Im not sure what program you are referring to.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:24:30 PM

I was working with Jaap on advertising the Airdrop he is doing, he is from Europe and used a different decimal style on the webpage,
I guess I was curious what we should do for decimal numbers on websites / documentation / social media, etc.
I remember there being a past argument about this in regards to the old explorer haha
The world is weird Tongue

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:17:51 PM

Letter writing bounty increased in pool.biblepay.org!

Current Approved Letter Writing Bounty: 1804.68

Letter Bounties Paid (Paid / Funds donated to Pool): (30768.32/500000)

We are seeking approx. 100 letters in the next 30 days.

I got an idea how we could potentially always have as many letters written as needed and also increase BiblePay adoption along the way.

Enter Bounty0x. First please read this captivating article:

"Crypto Bounty Hunting Is Becoming a High-Tech Way Out of Poverty"
https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-bounty-hunting-is-offering-a-way-out-of-poverty/

Now take a look at the platform:

https://beta.bounty0x.io/bounties

So the idea is that we post a bounty for writing letters. We already have an amazing guide for letter writing at https://www.biblepay.org/freebbp/#letterwriting (thanks to Jaap and others), so it's easy to make it into a bounty listing at Bounty0x. I can see our bounty listed under the category "Article writing", as it's the most related one. A great thing is that the bounty hunters will be paid in BBP, which is great for increasing awareness about the existence of BiblePay. Even if some of them just instantly sell it, those are small amounts which will not dump the price, and at least we will have the letters written.

Regarding the obvious - letter quality, I don't know what to expect, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to try. I made a test account as a bounty host and on the create bounty page there are few interesting restrictions to fill, such as the maximum number of times a single person can claim the bounty, but also which countries are forbidden from participating. Of course, the incentive to do these sorts of tasks is much larger for someone living in a poorer country, as we have seen in the article, but I think some of them generally have a good knowledge of English, while some don't. I'm generalizing here, but for example I would allow India, but not China.

What's not to disregard here is the fact that by doing this we will not only help the orphans and BiblePay adoption, but also people like Crypto Shaolin from the article, by adding one more source of income to their assortment of bounty tasks.

I see there is some sort of verification required for bounty hosts, so if Togo or anyone with a @biblepay.org email address is interested in making this happen, go for it if the community approves. Hit me up on Discord if you have any questions.

Thanks for the research inblue!

Technically, I think this is pretty doable. I've scrolled through the whitepaper, and if I'm correct, we need to stake some BNTY  (as an anti-fraud measure) in order to be able to use their platform. But I couldn't really find out how much that would be.
Also, we would have a so called 'external bounty', and not really make use of their smart-contracts, it would be more of a portal for us. I guess that, yeah, getting listed there will give us some exposure at the very least, and hopefully also some good letter writers.

Practically, in my opinion, in the first place we are looking for writers that have - christian - values that align with BiblePay. I think that if we decide to use that platform, we should make very clear what we expect from the written letters. There are people with values that align with BiblePay's all over the world of course. And also, we have taken measures that try to enforce that only high-quality letters are being sent.

So all-in-all I think that this is certainly something to consider. If we go forward with this, I guess that it's best if Togo can pick this up Smiley

I registered and jumped through the hoops, but it seems this is only for ETH and NEO based tokens. Will give an update if anything changes...

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 06:04:44 PM

**** LETTER WRITING ORPHAN ADOPTION SYSTEM ****
released to Prod at https://pool.biblepay.org

Now you can adopt a child with the goal of having a closer letter-writing relationship with a child.

To Adopt a child:
Click Orphans | Adoption List | Right click on the Orphan | Click Adopt
(Note: Only non-adopted children are in this list).

To write to an adopted child:
Either click "Orphans | Write" or click the Write button from your Account settings page.

Adopted child info:
From Account | Account settings, you can see who you adopted and you have the option to Abandon an adopted child.

Deadlines:
You must write one letter per month to the adopted child.  To make this easy we set a deadline date in your Account Settings (see Letter Deadline date).  If you fail to write to the child by that date, we will send a friendly reminder via e-mail once per day until the 59th day.  After the 59th day, the child is automatically abandoned back to the adoption list.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:10:54 PM

It seems there is another strange block around there, half of my MNs have all stopped just at 65736 and then expired.

We recently added a feature to 1.1.4.5 to allow a node to recover.  I'm pushing this (on the linux side) to the latest version now so we can upgrade to this version (if we find we need to upgrade nodes today).

biblepayd stopped running, so I restarted it, then restarted the sanc from the controller wallet, synced at block 65930.

I think that mine forked or stalled. They were on lower blockheights but still running.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:19:26 PM

**** LETTER WRITING ORPHAN ADOPTION SYSTEM ****
released to Prod at https://pool.biblepay.org

Now you can adopt a child with the goal of having a closer letter-writing relationship with a child.

To Adopt a child:
Click Orphans | Adoption List | Right click on the Orphan | Click Adopt
(Note: Only non-adopted children are in this list).

To write to an adopted child:
Either click "Orphans | Write" or click the Write button from your Account settings page.

Adopted child info:
From Account | Account settings, you can see who you adopted and you have the option to Abandon an adopted child.

Deadlines:
You must write one letter per month to the adopted child.  To make this easy we set a deadline date in your Account Settings (see Letter Deadline date).  If you fail to write to the child by that date, we will send a friendly reminder via e-mail once per day until the 59th day.  After the 59th day, the child is automatically abandoned back to the adoption list.

Awesome! My girlfriend is going to love this Grin
I've update the website with this information about adopting a child.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 06:35:40 PM

I think that mine forked or stalled. They were on lower blockheights but still running.

In your case 1.1.4.5 should have helped it recover.

I just checked one and it says 'core dumped', so Im running my sanc in valgrind mode.  Lets hope it gives us the line # this next go around.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:57:06 PM

In my case one stopped and the others were stuck on that block, still running. I had to do a -rescan and it was ok.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 07:06:50 PM

In my case one stopped and the others were stuck on that block, still running. I had to do a -rescan and it was ok.
Ok, very curious if 1145 would have saved your node.

Unfortunately I didnt upgrade yet, so I cant answer that. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 08:31:04 PM

Ok, very curious if 1145 would have saved your node.

Unfortunately I didnt upgrade yet, so I cant answer that. 

I'm doing a test to see if upgrading and restarting without reindexing works or not.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Kismar

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:16:23 PM

My masternode process was still running, but listed as expired in my wallet.  When running commands I got this as output:

Code:

./biblepay/src/biblepay-cli mnsync status
error: couldn't parse reply from server

./biblepay/src/biblepay-cli getinfo

./biblepay/src/biblepay-cli stop

After killing the biblepayd process and starting it back up, everything was fine.  I'm still running 1.1.3.8
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 10:28:00 PM

Just as an FYI; anyone on linux that already upgraded to 1.1.4.5: 
You can launch with "-erasechain" if you need to erase the chain while starting.

1.1.4.5 has not been officially released yet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:43:08 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 02:06:35 AM by togoshigekata

Random, I applied BiblePay to YCombinator Startup School, got a random email about it a few weeks ago,
just a quick couple minute form, we got rejected, but then they decided to let everyone in:

What is YCombinator?
https://www.ycombinator.com/

They helped mentor and fund Airbnb, Dropbox, Stripe, Coinbase, Watsi, etc

Startup Library Resources
https://www.startupschool.org/library

I just did it to spread BiblePay and to gain some learning resources

sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 01:05:20 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 04:15:32 AM by sunk818

I was working with Jaap on advertising the Airdrop he is doing, he is from Europe and used a different decimal style on the webpage,
I guess I was curious what we should do for decimal numbers on websites / documentation / social media, etc.
I remember there being a past argument about this in regards to the old explorer haha

This is also why I prefer: 21 Aug 2018. I've found this is the best compromise to be clear since some countries use month/day, while other countries use day/month.

You can launch with "-erasechain" if you need to erase the chain while starting.

hi, can you explain the difference between -reindex vs -erasechain?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 01:23:19 PM

This is also why I prefer: 21 Aug 2018. I've found this is the best compromise to be clear since some countries use month/day, while other countries use day/month.

hi, can you explain the difference between -reindex vs -erasechain?

Reindex tries to rebuild the chain using the blk* index files.  This works well for bitcoin but not as well for us, because the governance files arent rebuilt.

Erasechain erases the chainstate, blocks, and masternode payments and governance and resyncs from 0.  This gives the node the most chance to resync cleanly.

I'm determined to examine the root cause of the block that is marked dirty.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 01:31:23 PM

BiblePay Airdrop is live!

https://airdropalert.com/airdrop/BiblePay

They already twittered about us:
https://twitter.com/Airdropalertcom/status/1032252195310395392

We've got a nice 5/5 rating Cool

Togo has also posted on our own socials:
https://twitter.com/BiblePay/status/1031894508638748672
https://www.facebook.com/BiblePay/posts/689407508078928

Please share as much as you'd like! Let's see if this airdrop will be beneficial for us Smiley

noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:05:21 PM

Please share as much as you'd like! Let's see if this airdrop will be beneficial for us Smiley

That's great news! Looking forward to seeing the results. Thanks for your work on this.
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:20:51 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 03:16:25 PM by jaapgvk

That's great news! Looking forward to seeing the results. Thanks for your work on this.

You're very welcome Smiley I'm also looking forward to seeing the results.

Also, if anyone has Telegram and would like to help out if airdrop-participants have questions, you can find the airdrops Telegram here:
https://t.me/biblepay_airdrop

Oh, and any feedback is appreciated. I'm still expanding the airdrop-form based upon questions I've gotten.

sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 10:09:58 PM

Oh, and any feedback is appreciated. I'm still expanding the airdrop-form based upon questions I've gotten.

Is there a "soup to nuts" (A to Z) guide for the most common configuration?

I remember when I set up my BiblePay wallet, registering the CPID was not so easy. Before I knew about pool.biblepay.org faucet (which I had to register for), I used the biblepayfaucet and submitted repeatedly just to get 1 BBP. I wonder if Telegram Airdrop channel get give away 2 BBP as long as person sends you a direct message with their wallet address.

Perhaps there are other pain points that we can streamline just from a documentation standpoint.

Already, we've gotten some questions on Discord channel on configuration and explanation of terminology. Many people like helping orphans (poor children) and healing (cancer research). The set up of the wallet, understanding staking, masternodes, RAC, etc is a little overwhelming.

Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: