Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:49:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:29:39 PM

Although I generally feel this is a good post in most respects, I want to offer the assertion that the "1% gain in boinc participation" should not necessarily be considered way too high in  our estimations.  I would say that in most PR campaigns that would be a true statement.  However, in this case for all intents and purposes we are basically inviting users who are already paid up on the hardware and paid on the electricity to come to BIBLEPAY for only the cost of the UTXO (which is considered their asset - they get to keep it - so its not a capital expense to them).  So on the grounds that they can tinker with a new novelty item (Those that were resistant to crypto) this might be the kicker that gets them started, I would argue over a year, it is possible to gain 20% of the boinc users (IE 10,000).  

This campaign is sort of an experiment, to see if we can become a seed in order to become a household name later.  Im looking at this as the difference between biblepays
 stagnation (requiring us to really think out of the box to grow), or possibly gaining a massive amount of PR and growing through this experience.  This appears to me to be the Holy Grail opportunity for growth at this time for the PODC side- especially since we already do that so well.  We are great cancer miners, and great at WCG.  

I do not believe the long term effect of additional boinc users is a price dump!  They can only dump the coins once while value buyers buy them once, at that point once the emission is emitted, our total supply is stable.  Another words, I view 10,000 miners with 10,000 exchange accounts as much less volatile and more stable for our price than 1,000 miners (over the long term - 1 year out+).

Anyway, I will roll with this either way, as I said I am for no double dipping and nice team stats, but I lean towards Growth at this time and feel with our blacklist feature we can prevent double dipping and make our own stats report.

I'm more concerned with those smaller folks.  It's taken me a quite a while to get to where i'm at stake-wise..   I worry flooding the market with others and "instant-on" RAC will help short-term price IF they join up.

I would like to see a rate limit on the outsiders..  If your in team BBP you get 100%,  other teams you get 10% of your RAC (or something similar).
This is how Byteball does it (and also may help them to come over and start staking with less of an up-front investiment)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:30:09 PM

Actually if you're mining at below the cost you could be buying, you should be buying...that is the real art.

Why pay for electricity on your servers when you can generate more BBP by buying directly...

Yes, thats part of a free economy, (dollar cost averaging into your position), but buying or mining with a 'projected target value' is being bullish because you believe you know something that is not currently priced in.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:35:03 PM

I would like to see a rate limit on the outsiders..  If your in team BBP you get 100%,  other teams you get 10% of your RAC (or something similar).
This is how Byteball does it (and also may help them to come over and start staking with less of an up-front investiment)

ByteBall. You get 10% bonus if you are on their team. Since I am on team BiblePay, only get 100% instead of 100% + 10% bonus.

Anyone interested in getting free ByteBall for doing WCG tasks, you can join the WCG distribution here:
https://wiki.byteball.org/WCG_distribution Like 616 says, it is pretty easy. I'm surprised, they are still a tiny percentage of WCG. I wonder why?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:41:31 PM

Just want to chip in again

I said before we were at risk of becoming a 1 percent coin - that has come to pass
Huge difficulty in signing up to mine and share the rewards for the small guys

Solution

No blocks to joining or mining / stake on anyone wanting to mine up to 5000 RAC / no restrictions to heat mining / CPIDs required up to limit / other
We need numbers to come to BBP - doesnt matter where they come from

The argument some will set up multiple accts - so what? - adds up to more numbers
Maintaining multiple accts takes time and effort  - making sure RAC doesnt go over 5k to max out reward? / maintaining multiple PCs / updating wallets / etc - all add up to not being worth it
Once miners / others have a small pile of BBP - they become stakeholders - then they might want to continue building a stake - ie buy

Monthly selling of BBP needs to be done with far greater discipline
No more dumping of large blocks - I believe the agument a few superblocks ago was we are allright in the short time - just needed to obtain the months target and so dump.....
This attitude  towards selling just pisses off previous buyers who paid a lot more
Observe the last few superblocks and price action - you will see no reason to push the bid - coins will be dumped at any price - just put in a lowball bid and you will get hit

My 2c
PM

I understand your perspective on the dumps,  and this explanation is not going to make people happy, as a matter of fact it will probably upset a lot of people. 

But I do say this with experience - since I ran a hedge fund at one time (I don't run it now, for reasons Ill explain after DAHF is live, but it had nothing to do with failure, it was a success til the last day of operation).  There are situations that traders run into in liquidating positions where things can get much worse the following day (think companies go out of business, leveraged buyouts, government intervention, all kinds of systemic risks, broker risk etc), where it is prudent when one wants to liquidate a position, that needs to be done and logged and finished.

In the case of BiblePay and Compassion, we have a $12,000 per month bill to pay by the 21st every month.  We have 8 million or so BBP to sell between the 15th and the 25th (roughly) every month.  I know you are of the opinion that we should not sell those BBP for less than a psychological threshhold.  However, my procedure is to span the sell out over as many days possible, but all coins for this month need sold this month.  I'm not of the camp that believes we can start borrowing from rich people here to pay the current bill, keep long accounting records, pray that our price recovers by next month, sell last months coins one month late, because I know what this leads to:  Eventually you will have a 3 month downturn where we are stuck with a $30,000 bill in arrears, and our price is 6 satoshi and we have 24 million coins in the treasury to sell. 

So for this reason, the best practice is to liquidate each months holdings at any price and start fresh every month.

The real solution here is to educate our buyers that they need to put in limit buy orders below the market every month and buy up those cheap coins.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:43:21 PM

OK - Team challenge is On for the THOR CHALLENGE.

I have signed us up into the challenge.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:45:50 PM

" There are many serious vulnerabilities in the biblepay code. Get out while this coin still has some value "
This pray showing at block 69000...anyone see it ?

I assert the one who wrote this is acting as a pedophile.

Come forward and publically post anything you believe is a risk inside the code, give me the details and the risk - otherwise this is FUD.

Togo, post this on Reddit also.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:00:14 PM

Although I generally feel this is a good post in most respects, I want to offer the assertion that the "1% gain in boinc participation" should not necessarily be considered way too high in  our estimations.  I would say that in most PR campaigns that would be a true statement.  However, in this case for all intents and purposes we are basically inviting users who are already paid up on the hardware and paid on the electricity to come to BIBLEPAY for only the cost of the UTXO (which is considered their asset - they get to keep it - so its not a capital expense to them).  So on the grounds that they can tinker with a new novelty item (Those that were resistant to crypto) this might be the kicker that gets them started, I would argue over a year, it is possible to gain 20% of the boinc users (IE 10,000).  

This campaign is sort of an experiment, to see if we can become a seed in order to become a household name later.  Im looking at this as the difference between biblepays
 stagnation (requiring us to really think out of the box to grow), or possibly gaining a massive amount of PR and growing through this experience.  This appears to me to be the Holy Grail opportunity for growth at this time for the PODC side- especially since we already do that so well.  We are great cancer miners, and great at WCG.  

I do not believe the long term effect of additional boinc users is a price dump!  They can only dump the coins once while value buyers buy them once, at that point once the emission is emitted, our total supply is stable.  Another words, I view 10,000 miners with 10,000 exchange accounts as much less volatile and more stable for our price than 1,000 miners (over the long term - 1 year out+).

Anyway, I will roll with this either way, as I said I am for no double dipping and nice team stats, but I lean towards Growth at this time and feel with our blacklist feature we can prevent double dipping and make our own stats report.

I'm more concerned with those smaller folks.  It's taken me a quite a while to get to where i'm at stake-wise..   I worry flooding the market with others and "instant-on" RAC will help short-term price IF they join up.

I would like to see a rate limit on the outsiders..  If your in team BBP you get 100%,  other teams you get 10% of your RAC (or something similar).

This is a great idea!  We should consider rewarding 100% to Biblepay's team and 50% to non-biblepay, and that gives a strong incentive to join our team, but doesnt kick anyone else out!

Ill make this a spork setting, and we can vote on the spork fractional level for non-biblepay teams.  I think .50 would be nice.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:17:32 PM

We should also consider making a directory of Christian videos, and make a feature where our Christian videos are uploaded to IPFS and made available on the BiblePay network.  Make it so that during the great tribulation, if the internet is down and any BiblePay user has access to a machine within a LAN or WAN link hosting IPFS, they can watch the Christian videos.  (Maybe they will be sitting at a campfire some day with a laptop and 10 left behind Christians with nothing to do).

Bhavani is working on a Great Trib feature that will make index cards available for in-wallet access to Christian camps, and this will contain their 'snap to grid' longitude, latitude (IE their nearest street corner), with the ability to see these users on a map in BiblePay.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:47:57 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 09:59:05 PM by sunk818

Bhavani is working on a Great Trib feature that will make index cards available for in-wallet access to Christian camps, and this will contain their 'snap to grid' longitude, latitude (IE their nearest street corner), with the ability to see these users on a map in BiblePay.

There goes Rob again with his crazy talk. Wink

Seriously though, this would be easy to do if we had a simple way to get all the IPFS attachments as a list. It'd be easy to curate thereafter and even host the web page on IPFS so it is completely decentralized.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:56:56 PM

Seriously though, this would be easy to do if we had a simple way to get all the IPFS attachments as a list. It'd be easy to curate thereafter and even host the web page on IPFS so it completely decentralized.

Yes, we will look like the crazy ones until the Rapture occurs Smiley, but anyway, I'm referring to a decentralized store of Christian videos yes, but with an additional twist:
Once we have our PODS running, we consider creating a list of trusted hosts within IPFS (these are sanctuary public IP addresses).
Then we upload the videos.

The difference here is that our sancs would definitely have a library of Christian videos to watch.  (In contrast to them being decentralized requiring the internet to be up).

I definitely see uses for this, as if for example you have a UPS and the power is out for a few days, any normal user could watch these important videos with their family on a projector, etc.  Some of these videos are in the pool 'external links' - please watch all of them, everyone.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Bonzi777

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:07:30 PM

Seriously though, this would be easy to do if we had a simple way to get all the IPFS attachments as a list. It'd be easy to curate thereafter and even host the web page on IPFS so it completely decentralized.

Yes, we will look like the crazy ones until the Rapture occurs Smiley, but anyway, I'm referring to a decentralized store of Christian videos yes, but with an additional twist:
Once we have our PODS running, we consider creating a list of trusted hosts within IPFS (these are sanctuary public IP addresses).
Then we upload the videos.

The difference here is that our sancs would definitely have a library of Christian videos to watch.  (In contrast to them being decentralized requiring the internet to be up).

I definitely see uses for this, as if for example you have a UPS and the power is out for a few days, any normal user could watch these important videos with their family on a projector, etc.  Some of these videos are in the pool 'external links' - please watch all of them, everyone.

I totally agree Rob. The world thought Noah was crazy too; until the rains came and flooded the Earth.
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:01:15 PM

give profit to users and they will come... not blocking byteball is great way to do it. if somebody already have powerfull pc, then he could do profit only with byteball. for example, dual 2680v2 can do about 70$ per month with byteball, but electricity bill will be about 40$. so mining bbp with any price and also byteball is profitable. you cant loose as byteball pays in $ converted to gbytes. so doesnt matter how price of gbyte actualy is. users can pay their bill just using balls and dont need to sell bbp - they will hold, and buy as they also will need to stake. more miners -> less payouts per miner -> higher costs per payout -> higher bbp value
you just need to make some PR about this
harrisvan87

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:23:16 AM

How about increase RAC for Rosseta - Lower UTXO require - Keep Team requirement and allow Join ByteBall.
Sakic

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:52:29 AM

give profit to users and they will come... not blocking byteball is great way to do it. if somebody already have powerfull pc, then he could do profit only with byteball. for example, dual 2680v2 can do about 70$ per month with byteball, but electricity bill will be about 40$. so mining bbp with any price and also byteball is profitable. you cant loose as byteball pays in $ converted to gbytes. so doesnt matter how price of gbyte actualy is. users can pay their bill just using balls and dont need to sell bbp - they will hold, and buy as they also will need to stake. more miners -> less payouts per miner -> higher costs per payout -> higher bbp value
you just need to make some PR about this

I have some dual2680v2, but they make max 45-50$ by byteball. Daily average is 170k WCG points=1.7$
But you are right that it is great oportunity for all miners. I am selling byteball rewards everyday, and I am buying more BBP or paying my bills with it.
capulo

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:31:03 AM

my daily is much more...

09/05/2018       0:040:14:48:28       240,843       323
09/04/2018       0:040:04:53:16       223,580       388
09/03/2018       0:038:08:32:29       179,504       289
09/02/2018       0:041:07:36:05       214,166       330
09/01/2018       0:042:17:08:55       216,871       321
08/31/2018       0:046:10:14:25       253,051       376
08/30/2018       0:040:14:53:23       221,338       328
08/29/2018       0:040:09:05:59       217,210       341
08/28/2018       0:042:02:38:34       227,198       377

i'm running 24/7 with turbo on all cores, so 3.1ghz/core
maybe you dont have turbo enabled, or maybe you have windows Cheesy
slavino

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:33:14 AM

or RAM and it looks on crap win  Grin
Sakic

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:54:31 AM

Thanks I will check it up. I use Ubuntu 16.04, 64 GB Ram
capulo

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:01:21 AM

i have same ubuntu server version, not desktop, but 128gb ram (8x16gb) 12800R
check if you are running on full speed with lscpu, or maybe also check temp, it starts throttle at 90 celsius or so
Sakic

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:14:50 AM

check if you are running on full speed with lscpu, or maybe also check temp, it starts throttle at 90 celsius or so

I see I have turbo enabled, temperature is ok. Do you research all 7 WCG projects, or have you some special WCG settings?
slavino

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:22:07 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 09:38:25 AM by slavino

I see I have turbo enabled, temperature is ok. Do you research all 7 WCG projects, or have you some special WCG settings?
we are using all WCG tasks,no special

13 000 000 BBP proposal?   wheres BBP for PR again?  

13 000 000 BPP + 8 600 000 BBP .... it looks on record dump between coins  Grin Grin Grin august proposal is still without selling ....
Pages: « 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: