Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:21:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 [788] 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243125 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
andrei19732469

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 08:13:04 AM

Why do I have zero active connections

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 09:15:37 AM

Why do I have zero active connections

try in tools, debug:
exec reassesschains

if that doesn't work, erasechain:

https://whitewalr.us/2019/biblepay-erasechain-not-reindex.html

andrei19732469

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 11:46:09 AM

how will it sync if there are no connections
https://c.radikal.ru/c04/1911/5a/2bf46f2445d2.jpg
sunk818

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 12:06:25 PM

you will need to restart wallet once you do that.

you can also try turning upnp on and allow incoming connections

make sure to restart wallet

bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 04:26:51 PM

Please verify your system time is correct and the timezone is correct.

Here are a couple extra addnodes:

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 04:42:01 PM

- I'm working on Christian Treasure Trove : Video replication to cloudflare.  And, the direct mail proof-of-concept.

To elaborate on the TT a little:  Specifically, I'm trying to archive all of the youtube videos we have in the pool.biblepay.org 'external links' as a proof of concept.  This means I write a program that pulls the video down (as long as it is public domain, and I also wrote a template to request access to the video to be hosted on web.biblepay.org), we convert the video to mp4, we host it as a stream on cloudflare, and cloudflare shares it over 105 countries on their massive cached server farm.  Next, I want to make the video-player compatible with cloudflare stream.  This means theoretically during a mass outage, the videos may still be available if cloudflare is up.  The potential use case is this:  we expose the ability to buy an archived slot.  IE someone pays 10,000 bbp to archive any youtube video for 90 days.  That fee covers the DSQL hosting and cloudflare fee until we need room to purge it for the next hosted video. 

Alright, it looks like Baby Step 1 of the TT is complete!

I'm happy this is out there, because if World War 3 starts now, or if Dec 10th actually means a reduction in Christian video content on youtube, or if the great tribulation starts earlier than a person expects, at least we now have a *chance* to help God's children see the Christian content (some of the most powerful content available, imho).

I have discovered that a lot of Christian content is covered under the Creative Commons distribution license, meaning, it is fair use and can be redistributed by default unless the creator comes back and says this is copyrighted - meaning that we have the right to repopulate this content if we believe it is CC.  Nevertheless I started sending out notices to channels that own the content asking for permission to duplicate it on web.biblepay.org.  So we will now create a process that adheres to  takedown requests just in case we replicate a video that someone does want taken down.

In the mean time, so far I have a batch program - I plan on exposing this to biblepay as an rpc command later that will allow a user to add a new TT video so the list grows.
For now, the program loops through all the content we have in the pool | External Links (there were 92 videos in there, these are the ones that are flagged as high quality videos for Christians.  I know we had thousands of clicks on these because of the click counter, so these are not the 'random' bottom of the barrel videos).

All of these have been encoded to Cloudflare format; meaning now these are available in all 90 cloudflare server areas. 

So enjoy, now if you click on a decentralized video link in the "Gospel Links" table, the content is served up from cloudflare.  This means that even if all of BiblePay goes down, YouTube goes down, Google goes down, as long as the internet is up, these videos will still play (cloudflare stream is automatically replicated to all 90 countries):

To see the videos navigate to:
https://web.biblepay.org | Click on Gospel Links | Click View to view a video
(Btw, we now have a Search feature in the top right corner - you can type a phrase and click <ENTER> and the web list will filter down.  This will also useful for our soon coming PODC 2.0 researcher search pages).

Note:  I will look into making the video pop up at 80% viewable area and autoplay soon.  For now you have to click the play button when you see the new tab open  - in order to play the video.

My next plan is to make it so users can add links using an rpc command.  Then our back end script will convert them to cloudflare and expose them in DSQL automatically.  I believe I will do this to 1000 rapture videos to get a 'head start'.  This is basically to provide a base foundation for Christians around the world in case the world starts sprialing out of control.

We need to make web.biblepay.org SEO compatible so search engines pick up all the links.  Then if web.biblepay goes down, the links will still work from everywhere.   

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 05:18:05 PM

My next plan is to make it so users can add links using an rpc command.  Then our back end script will convert them to cloudflare and expose them in DSQL automatically.  I believe I will do this to 1000 rapture videos to get a 'head start'.  This is basically to provide a base foundation for Christians around the world in case the world starts sprialing out of control.

We could put the Rapture Index number in the Overview of the QT wallet: https://www.raptureready.com/rapture-ready-index/

Can you explain what's the relevance of end times is to Christianity?
How does it align with BiblePay's mission & values?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 05:33:40 PM

We could put the Rapture Index number in the Overview of the QT wallet: https://www.raptureready.com/rapture-ready-index/

Can you explain what's the relevance of end times is to Christianity?
How does it align with BiblePay's mission & values?

I've been to that site before, maybe we can create a partner page and start listing partners, and link them there.  It would be a good start to be associated with like minded orgs.  I'll put this on the Todo list.

I believe all Christians are not only written in God's book of life, but have a personal book (in their own name) dictating what Jesus wants them to accomplish during their time on Earth.  Obviously some things like 'learn to love' are the same, but I believe this is custom tailored to you, meaning you might think you are a manager, but God might want you to be a preacher, for example.

I think one of my callings is to reverse engineer the signs of the times for discernment.  Meaning that I should be able to quantify the season we are in (more than a guess).

The season we 'arrive at', is much more important than a person could imagine.  It determines that preachers in every church should be preaching repentance, end-times, Revelations, how to die as a martyr for Christ, crucifying the flesh, etc, things that are not preached in a prosperity gospel church.  They are especially relevant if we can prove that we are "in the end times" vs "closer than ever to".

Obviously this would impact our values and missions if we believe we dont have a lot of time,  as then we should prioritize things that save more souls and make people aware of eschatological doctrine.

I'm not ready to say BiblePay should be an end-times org.  I feel BiblePay should find its killer use case and rebrand as a coin for the nations and we introduce the Gospel to more masses in total.  We can make a separate project for end-times inside that ministry for example.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 09:22:50 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2019, 11:40:37 PM by sunk818

I'm not ready to say BiblePay should be an end-times org.

rebrand: BiblePrepper

There's some BOINC guy named Moses that has a private project to encode videos. You can call the project RaptureResurrection (or BitcoinUtopia v2 Wink ). The project could send out tasks to encode videos to all different formats (dial-up 56k to 4k video). Then send it back to the central server or CloudFlare directly?

Is IPFS still involved in decentralized file storage... or is that on the backburner?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 02:35:12 AM

I'm not ready to say BiblePay should be an end-times org.

rebrand: BiblePrepper

There's some BOINC guy named Moses that has a private project to encode videos. You can call the project RaptureResurrection (or BitcoinUtopia v2 Wink ). The project could send out tasks to encode videos to all different formats (dial-up 56k to 4k video). Then send it back to the central server or CloudFlare directly?

Is IPFS still involved in decentralized file storage... or is that on the backburner?

I kind of like BiblePay better than those, but that might be my personal opinion.  BiblePay isnt bad, but if we create a killer use case we could probably improve with a lot of PR hype for global masses at the same time.

The Cloud Flare API actually converts mp4 files for free so that part is not a problem.  I found an opensource tool on github that converts youtube streams to mp4, and it has a lot of major support.  I think it has like 100 devs or something and its free.

We have our own version of IPFS now.  To see why, please listen to the 12 videos near the bottom of the page:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Christian_Spaces_Functional_Design

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 02:43:21 PM

We could use more help in testnet if we want to make the Christmas go live target:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=465.msg6756#msg6756

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 05:59:48 PM

** End Times Clarification **

All - I just felt convicted by the Holy Spirit this morning to add this, and note, this is my personal opinion.

Yesterday, when I said that it might be a good move to invite all walks of life to Biblepay, and not brand ourselves as an end-times themed coin, I did not mean to imply there is no urgency in getting saved.  I'm simply saying we may scare away precious new users if we were to brand ourselves as 'rapture coin' or 'heaven' coin or "Jesus Saves" coin etc.  This is simply a matter of appealing to the masses for a useful product.

To fully clarify my personal position, I *still* rate the current urgency level of helping your family members to get saved as a 10.0 (or immediate emergency).  No man knows the day or hour of the Lords return, but, nothing has changed about my opinion based on these factors:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Imminence_of_Jesus

This means that in my opinion, if we were still living in the year 2000, you might have some time to repent.  But according to the signs of the times and the 'season', it is more urgent now for your family to be saved - than ever.  This is primarily because it takes time for people to get acclimated to being a baby Christian then a middle school Christian etc.  A person needs to go through phases to learn to repent, pray to God, praise God, become selfless (in contrast to selfish) and learn to love others.

For people who are not following all of this in detail, the Israelite's elected a San Hedrin, they sacrificed a lamb on the Mt of Olives, talk is underway for the third temple now, Damascus is halfway destroyed, the players are lined up in Ezekiel 38, Israel had 2 failed elections, the Antichrist could come in from Bethlehem, Russia and China are practicing military strikes and both
 dislike the US now, many prophecies speak of the US's judgement, etc.  So if you were to ask me, how much time do we have?  No man knows the day or hour.  Most likely you will see either the third temple gets approved to be built and the Antichrist is revealed, or, a Wilderness or pre-trib rapture (if you believe in that), or, Gods grace for 4-8 more years while a revival occurs.  The falling away is supposed to happen first.  Meaning there will be a thirst for Gods word, but it will be polluted.  Pope Francis is calling for a one-world religion conference in May next year.  This could coincide with a plan for a one world government and the falling away.  Impho, I don't see all of these events as "chance" that we get 'close to the birth of the baby' and then live another generation before Jesus comes back.  Isaiah 66:9 (Shall I bring a baby to the point of birth and not deliver it?).

So just live zealously for God now, and know that you are saved.  Be born again, or, have someone you know read you the sinners prayer.  Be born of the spirit and of Truth into the Kingdom of God.  Then get baptized with the Holy Spirit.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 09:18:25 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2019, 03:53:59 PM by sunk818

Cryptoslate summary was updated at my request. summary text was too technical before. We need a more friendly summary/abstract which I took from the main BiblePay page.

https://cryptoslate.com/coins/biblepay/

Before:
BiblePay (BBP) is a Christian charity cryptocurrency. It is a decentralized cryptocurrency using a unique proof of work algorithm based on the King James Bible, called Proof-Of-Bible-Hash. One of the goals employed is the prevention of hashing in ASIC devices or GPUs.

After:

BiblePay is a Christian Cryptocurrency with over $194,000 USD donated to charity so far! 10% of coins go directly to charity each month. CPU only mining algorithm allows anyone with a PC to earn coins and secure the network. All Bible verses are coded into the blockchain.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 11:22:25 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2019, 12:05:30 AM by togoshigekata

CryptoBridge is shutting down,
they closed all their social media accounts (Discord, Twitter, etc)

Notice: https://crypto-bridge.org/

They never replied to our discord message or email about getting a refund...
Its been 3 weeks ignored on Discord, 2 weeks ignored by email

Is there legal action we can take? Is it worth the time?

This is the company behind them:

Liquidblocks ApS
Gl. Kongevej 60
1850 Frederiksberg

Denmark

CVR: 39950030

www.liquid-blocks.com
info@liquid-blocks.com

sunk818

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 03:26:37 AM

Remember today is 1st of December. If you are sponsoring any children through proof of orphan mining (POOM), you should send in your sponsorships today to have no gaps in payment.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 05:00:23 AM

Ill also keep trying to reach out to Kanye West

"Closed on Sunday" is my favorite song of his recent Jesus is King album (The song title and lyrics refer to Chickfila)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp0q1wWe6XI

If anyone could help write letters to Kanye, please do!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.msg52663862#msg52663862

Can listen to his whole album on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0FgZKfoU2Br5sHOfvZKTI9

Greg Laurie
My Letter to Kanye West (and to Every New Believer)
https://harvest.org/resources/gregs-blog/post/my-letter-to-kanye-west/

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 02:17:32 PM

CryptoBridge is shutting down,
they closed all their social media accounts (Discord, Twitter, etc)

Notice: https://crypto-bridge.org/

They never replied to our discord message or email about getting a refund...
Its been 3 weeks ignored on Discord, 2 weeks ignored by email

Is there legal action we can take? Is it worth the time?

This is the company behind them:

Liquidblocks ApS
Gl. Kongevej 60
1850 Frederiksberg

Denmark

CVR: 39950030

www.liquid-blocks.com
info@liquid-blocks.com

What a shame.  Another 1 btc down the toilet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 02:28:10 PM

** DETERMINISTIC SANCTUARIES, PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE WARNING **

When we cut over to Evolution at block 123,000 in June 2019 we had a detailed plan in place to transition to deterministic sanctuaries by September (this was primarily set to transition to our new codebase which is running testnet, with a proposed ETA of December 25th, 2019).

During the transition steps we ran into a few minor challenges.  One being GIN went out of business.  Another being Satoshi Solutions is going through restructuring.  Finally Apollon does not yet fully support deterministic BBP sanctuaries, and after communicating with them it appears they will not make the deadline of Dec 25th. 

Since then however we had the positive change of supporting non-standard ports, meaning any of our sanctuary owners can now utilize a VM more efficiently. 

In light of the roadblocks being lifted, I recommend that we keep our proposed Dec 25th rollout date.
This means that all sanctuaries who are still running in 'legacy mode' (IE non-deterministic), will need to upgrade to deterministic before Dec 25th.

I'll make another announcement as we wind up testing in the testnet branch (as we need to give a wide notice to SX and Tokok of our intentions).

Also, over the next few days I will be testing deterministic Prod sancs against our testnet branch.  We need to verify our mining against prod and our GSCs against prod from testnet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 04:03:18 PM

To my knowledge we are still seeking 11 poom sponsorships for Cameroon-one (as our current children expire at the end of the year).

Please notify me or post here if you plan on sponsoring any of these children, otherwise I will sponsor these 11 on December 15th.

Also, note :  We will be in need of 21 sponsors for Kairos towards the end of the year - but - we cannot focus on this until after December 25th, because Kairos' go-live date will be as of our mandatory upgrade.  (Kairos has a lower monthly cost:  $25 per month.  Cameroon-One is $40 per month).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 04:34:54 PM

To my knowledge we are still seeking 11 poom sponsorships for Cameroon-one (as our current children expire at the end of the year).

Please notify me or post here if you plan on sponsoring any of these children, otherwise I will sponsor these 11 on December 15th.

Also, note :  We will be in need of 21 sponsors for Kairos towards the end of the year - but - we cannot focus on this until after December 25th, because Kairos' go-live date will be as of our mandatory upgrade.  (Kairos has a lower monthly cost:  $25 per month.  Cameroon-One is $40 per month).

I sponsored 5 more for CameroonONE. It'd be great if more individuals could sponsor. There is currently just two IDs that are currently sponsoring. Distribute the burden and decentralize the sponsoring effort.

> What is DAC? Decentralized Autonomous Charity?
> Decentralized Autonomous Community?

If the BBP address is either hard coded or as a spork, how would this work in a decentralized fashion? I'd prefer a gatekeeper to determine which charities can join and be vetted as legitimate and efficient. Were you envisioning that charities could join autonomously by proposal and net yes vote by the sanctuaries (masternodes)?

Pages: « 1 ... 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 [788] 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: