Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:49:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 02:39:25 PM

I've upgraded my sanctuaries to the latest wallet version (1.4.8.4.) and cleaned them as per Togo's guide. Everything seems to be working fine, but I can't seem to vote.

Code:
Voting failed! Failed to vote 0 time(s). (Check that sanctuaries are DIP3? Also you must wait 3 minutes in-between re-votes due to network rules.)

They are in the DIP3 list and I've been getting rewards consistently. Both controller wallet and sanctuary wallets are on the same chain, and they are not on a fork as far as I can tell...

Anyone?

Sorry, you're having issues. Did you try command line in debug console?

https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/governance/using.html#voting-on-proposals

gobject vote-many 6ed7418455e07f4b30b99f0d4a24a2b83282e12b26fe3415673ecbea04ff6c9d funding yes
gobject vote-many 6ed7418455e07f4b30b99f0d4a24a2b83282e12b26fe3415673ecbea04ff6c9d funding no
gobject vote-many 6ed7418455e07f4b30b99f0d4a24a2b83282e12b26fe3415673ecbea04ff6c9d funding abstain

Source: https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay-evolution/blob/master/src/qt/proposals.cpp#L137

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunk818

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 03:11:28 PM

The goal is not to ensure the payment in bbp covers your obligations.  The goal is for POOM to partially pay you back for sponsoring orphans.

When I first started sponsoring CameroonONE children, the payout  was initially $1.33 USD per day per child assuming 30 days ($39.99). Lately, it was closer to $1/day per child. Now, with the change, it is closer to $0.50 ... more like 40% of the obligation back. Still better than nothing, but it has fallen off dramatically. Hopefully, the PoDC reward can fill the gap and allow this to be sustainable.

I hope you did not take on too many children that you really did not intend to sponsor in the last round. Obviously with our low price, we are not going to be able to recoup the actual expenses.  It might be better if you pay Cameroon with your paypal and look at BiblePay as a stipend for hopeful growth later..

We will see. I am not a financial nor BBP whale, so my intention was to use BBP to sponsor the orphan. It sounds like you don't want BBP used to sponsor children due to the low price and sell pressure. Does BiblePay need to exist if you're suggesting we use fiat? Or this an admission that orphan sponsorship using BBP is not sustainable? Are you concerned BiblePay will not survive the low price?

By the way, stipend is not a good word choice: a fixed regular sum paid as a salary or allowance. The BBP received is neither a salary nor an allowance. The BBP is from a pool where the payment varies based on the number of orphans sponsored.

Regarding the question of what did I do to enable Cameroon-one, nothing.  We are mostly decentralized (yes I know we have some things we still need to improve, like fully decentralizing orphans).  But I explained it takes 3 confirms for your join command to be seen by the other nodes.  I didnt do anything.

Okay, it sounds like I had to just rejoin cameroon-one campaign again. I wasn't expecting having to rejoin all the campaigns again since listchildren command worked. It seems there was no transition for existing campaign members going from 1.4.5.3 to 1.4.8.4. Not a big deal since it is a one-time thing... just seems to be a negative recurring pattern. Even helping on TestNet, I had a difficult time keeping up with all the changes.

bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 03:13:15 PM

Hey Rob,

1. Does the wallet need to be unlocked to run the "exec associate" command for PODC?

akkin4 was having issues in discord the past 1-2 days trying to run that command

Code:
"Command": "associate",
  "wcg_member_id": 1075562,
  "wcg_points": 11513820,
  "cpid": "f80a24c0aaee2c029f01e403d419b70e",
  "rac": 11804.74895,
  "researcher_nickname": "akkin4",
  "Error": "Unable to sign CPK BFDwrSv2Yd1jBrAyieDGBYuTivNxoNXism
(Private key not available for BFDwrSv2Yd1jBrAyieDGBYuTivNxoNXism.).  Error 837."

it seems unlocking his wallet finally solved it

I just want to confirm

=

2. Does the Pool website still give out a faucet?

Just wondering for any BOINC user that needs a little BBP to create their CPK and then perform an associate

I tried to log into the pool website with my old account,
but I forgot the password and the forget/reset password link in the email doesnt seem to be working

"Sorry, no password reset action available."

=

3. Is PODC live? I see myself in the leaderboard, but I havent recieved a reward yet,
In Transactions, I see a GSC transmission for 12/24 and 12/25

On #1, wallet unlock for exec associate, yes, it needs unlocked for that (as that is where we create the purse and send the association fee).  Note it does not need to be unlocked for any daily stake transmissions after the wallet is associated.  Ill look at making that error msg nicer now.

On #2, The pool.biblepay.org is being retired any day now, so it no longer has a faucet or password reset.  Maybe they can use the southxchange faucet?  I havent seen it yet.

On #3, PODC is live, but payments go out 48 hours later.  If you look at the end height in the leaderboard, add 205 to that and that should be the block in which the smart contract emits the payment for podc.
The daily send escrow height is completely a different process - that just sends proof that the researcher has the collateral.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 03:18:29 PM

I've upgraded my sanctuaries to the latest wallet version (1.4.8.4.) and cleaned them as per Togo's guide. Everything seems to be working fine, but I can't seem to vote.

Code:
Voting failed! Failed to vote 0 time(s). (Check that sanctuaries are DIP3? Also you must wait 3 minutes in-between re-votes due to network rules.)

They are in the DIP3 list and I've been getting rewards consistently. Both controller wallet and sanctuary wallets are on the same chain, and they are not on a fork as far as I can tell...

Can you please post the voting command including the id you are using, as I voted manually for Togos proposal and it worked but I did it from the rpc.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 03:24:23 PM

Is this still a requirement for PODC?

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewDataSharing.action

In the "Data Sharing" tab >>> you have to click "Display my data" >>> Save

Yes, I remember testing this, and we did need to do it, so I added it to the helpful hints here:

e.push_back(Pair("Step 1", "Log into your WCG account at 'worldcommunitygrid.org' with your WCG E-mail address and WCG password."));
   e.push_back(Pair("Step 2", "Click Settings | My Profile.  Record your 'Username' and 'Verification Code' and your 'CPID' (Cross-Project-ID)."));
   e.push_back(Pair("Step 3", "Click Settings | Data Sharing.  Ensure the 'Display my Data' radio button is selected.  Click Save. "));
   e.push_back(Pair("Step 4", "Click My Contribution | My Team.  If you are not part of Team 'BiblePay' click Join Team | Search | BiblePay | Select BiblePay | Click Join Team | Save."));
   e.push_back(Pair("Step 5", "NOTE: After choosing your team, and starting your research, please give WCG 24 hours for the CPID to propagate into BBP.  In the mean time you can start Boinc research - and ensure the computer is performing WCG tasks. "));
   e.push_back(Pair("Step 6", "From our RPC console, type, exec associate your_username your_verification_code"));
   e.push_back(Pair("Step 7", "Wait for 5 blocks to pass.  Then type 'exec rac' again, and see if you are linked!  "));
   e.push_back(Pair("Step 8", "Once you are linked you will receive daily rewards.  Please read about our minimum stake requirements per RAC here: wiki.biblepay.org/PODC"));

Although, I just found a very minor bug.  We dont print the helpful hints in 'exec rac' (unless they don't have an associated cpid and we think we need to).  So this will be fixed in the next version.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 03:25:50 PM

Thanks Togo. Giving that a try now.
Looking at our 4 dns servers, I see the problem, apparently when we switched to dynamic ports, we no longer listen on 40,000 by default in these core nodes.

I just updated all 4 to use the 40,000 default ports.  Please try now.

Also please ensure your system time is correct.

Nothing changed over night. Just restarted the client but nothing yet. I will check back when the family is done with opening gifts.

This can be fixed in minutes...
We just need you to confirm that your system time and timezone is correct, and post your IP, and then I can check the DNS1 log and unban you.
Or you can add an addnode like they suggested.

DNS1-4 is working.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 03:30:27 PM

I was on GridCoin (GRC) per your test request. Now, I joined back to BiblePay less than 8 hours ago. Shouldn't team still worked since GridCoin is whitelisted?

Code:
06:35:42 exec associate sunk818 code

06:35:43 Sorry, we found you as a researcher in WCG, but we were unable to locate you on the team.  Please join team BiblePay to proceed.  Please type 'exec rac' to see more helpful hints.  NOTE:  You may check back again once every 12 hours to see if you are on the team.  (code -1)

06:35:53 exec rac

06:35:53 
{
  "Command": "rac",
  "Error": "Not Linked.  First, you must link your researcher CPID in the chain using 'exec associate'.",
  "Step 1": "Log into your WCG account at 'worldcommunitygrid.org' with your WCG E-mail address and WCG password.",
  "Step 2": "Click Settings | My Profile.  Record your 'Username' and 'Verification Code' and your 'CPID' (Cross-Project-ID).",
  "Step 3": "Click Settings | Data Sharing.  Ensure the 'Display my Data' radio button is selected.  Click Save. ",
  "Step 4": "Click My Contribution | My Team.  If you are not part of Team 'BiblePay' click Join Team | Search | BiblePay | Select BiblePay | Click Join Team | Save.",
  "Step 5": "NOTE: After choosing your team, and starting your research, please give WCG 24 hours for the CPID to propagate into BBP.  In the mean time you can start Boinc research - and ensure the computer is performing WCG tasks. ",
  "Step 6": "From our RPC console, type, exec associate your_username your_verification_code",
  "Step 7": "Wait for 5 blocks to pass.  Then type 'exec rac' again, and see if you are linked!  ",
  "Step 8": "Once you are linked you will receive daily rewards.  Please read about our minimum stake requirements per RAC here: wiki.biblepay.org/PODC"
}

GRC is now just like any non-BBP team (higher escrow reqs per day).  The problem here is in the emitted message about "unable to locate you on the team.".  That is deceiving and wrong.  I replaced the message with a new message :
      std::string sErr = "Sorry, we found you as a researcher in WCG, but we were unable to locate you on the team.  "
                "You may still participate but the daily escrow requirements are higher for non BiblePay researchers. ";

This will be out in the next version.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 03:42:31 PM

The goal is not to ensure the payment in bbp covers your obligations.  The goal is for POOM to partially pay you back for sponsoring orphans.

When I first started sponsoring CameroonONE children, the payout  was initially $1.33 USD per day per child assuming 30 days ($39.99). Lately, it was closer to $1/day per child. Now, with the change, it is closer to $0.50 ... more like 40% of the obligation back. Still better than nothing, but it has fallen off dramatically. Hopefully, the PoDC reward can fill the gap and allow this to be sustainable.

I hope you did not take on too many children that you really did not intend to sponsor in the last round. Obviously with our low price, we are not going to be able to recoup the actual expenses.  It might be better if you pay Cameroon with your paypal and look at BiblePay as a stipend for hopeful growth later..

We will see. I am not a financial nor BBP whale, so my intention was to use BBP to sponsor the orphan. It sounds like you don't want BBP used to sponsor children due to the low price and sell pressure. Does BiblePay need to exist if you're suggesting we use fiat? Or this an admission that orphan sponsorship using BBP is not sustainable? Are you concerned BiblePay will not survive the low price?

By the way, stipend is not a good word choice: a fixed regular sum paid as a salary or allowance. The BBP received is neither a salary nor an allowance. The BBP is from a pool where the payment varies based on the number of orphans sponsored.

Regarding the question of what did I do to enable Cameroon-one, nothing.  We are mostly decentralized (yes I know we have some things we still need to improve, like fully decentralizing orphans).  But I explained it takes 3 confirms for your join command to be seen by the other nodes.  I didnt do anything.

Okay, it sounds like I had to just rejoin cameroon-one campaign again. I wasn't expecting having to rejoin all the campaigns again since listchildren command worked. It seems there was no transition for existing campaign members going from 1.4.5.3 to 1.4.8.4. Not a big deal since it is a one-time thing... just seems to be a negative recurring pattern. Even helping on TestNet, I had a difficult time keeping up with all the changes.

What a squirrely argument.  You know enough about mining to know we always set up a cap in competetive project (actually I remember you being part of the conversation) to help set up the cap.  Now you are complaining that you accidentally have to dip into your own bank account to sponsor the orphans you cognizently signed up for.

I said stipend because its more of a daily stipend.  You get a fixed daily amount for the orphan and due to competition, the stipend does not cover the actual total.

If you want to be part of this intelligent conversation you have to be honest Sun. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 04:16:02 PM

** CAMEROON ONE CHRISTMAS PARTY hosted by BiblePay **

These are from the party Sun organized!  What a wonderful time.  Todd applied for access to post more on bitcointalk.

http://san.biblepay.org/Mission/Cameroon/party20191.jpeg
http://san.biblepay.org/Mission/Cameroon/party20192.jpeg
http://san.biblepay.org/Mission/Cameroon/party20193.jpeg

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 04:20:47 PM

added to wcg party again,

BEST WAY FOR BIBLEPAY

thanks ROB.....

sunk818

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 04:30:25 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2019, 06:02:50 PM by sunk818

If you want to be part of this intelligent conversation you have to be honest Sun.

Okay, you're right. We added many kids very quickly and pay out per child crashed. Fair enough. The economics is right. I'll shore up the difference and use up whatever BBP I have in my wallet. I rather go to 0 and support the orphans as long as I can.

64 CameroonONE children @ $40 = $2,560
21 Kairos kids @ $25 = $525

At current prices, $3085 % 0.00012840 BBP/USD requires 24M BBP.

Is CameroonONE not selling their BBP since Oct 26, 2019? They have a balance of almost 30M BBP.

Should they be selling their BBP on the market every month?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/address.dws?BHRiFZYUpHj2r3gxw7pHyvByTUk1dGb8vz.htm
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/address.dws?B4rwnBcrcr8pqHFFz9oXRcmXEy8g1bZjTV.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/address.dws?BF6qmwBMmnmb4FbSmRGTeWQL1m3rwh5n7b.htm (Edit: add)

sunk818

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 04:32:16 PM

Is anyone else getting inconsistent leaderboard display?

The PoDC 2.0 WCG participants sometimes show up and sometimes not.

Just shows CAMEROON-ONE and HEALING campaign only sometimes...

Then after a few blocks, the PoDC 2.0 participants come back in.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 04:33:46 PM

Jaap mentioned the pools legacy faucet is a little hard to understand, but I want to point out, the 'cpid faucet' is also the difference between receiving 100-900 bbp in contrast to receiving 1 bbp (from the plain vanilla faucets).  So I think the incoming podc researcher will 'get it' if we add more docs for it.  

I will work on porting the faucet to web.biblepay.org - adding to my todo list now.  

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 04:36:25 PM

Code:

Can you please post the voting command including the id you are using, as I voted manually for Togos proposal and it worked but I did it from the rpc.

I tried to vote using the GUI. I can't remember the command to pull all the Proposal ID's, and I don't know if I can copy them from the GUI proposal tab  Lips sealed So I can't try it from the rpc for now. How can I find a list of all the current Proposal ID's that I can copy/paste so I can try it from the rpc? There used to be an overview of all the proposals on pool.biblepay.org right?

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 04:37:06 PM

Okay, you're right. We added many kids very quickly and pay out per child crashed. Fair enough. The economics is right. I'll shore up the difference and use up whatever BBP I have in my wallet. I rather go to 0 and support the orphans as long as I can.

64 CameroonONE children @ $40 = $2,560
21 Kairos kids @ $25 = $525

At current prices, $3085 % 0.00012840 BBP/USD requires 24M BBP.

Is CameroonONE not selling their BBP since Oct 26, 2019? They have a balance of almost 30M BBP.

Should they be selling their BBP on the market every month?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/address.dws?BHRiFZYUpHj2r3gxw7pHyvByTUk1dGb8vz.htm
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/address.dws?B4rwnBcrcr8pqHFFz9oXRcmXEy8g1bZjTV.htm

Thanks for meeting me halfway Sun, and I apologize for being rough around the edges sometimes.

The constant sell pressure is bad.  On one hand, we wanted new charitable people from the outside (like Donald Trump etc) to sponsor orphans with their credit card through paypal.  Then we give them Biblepay, and that keeps the sell pressure off.

But of course with reality kicking in, and the ease of using the poom payments feature, in reality we pay every month with BBP (partially to make BBP a useful currency).

So yes its a conundrum and there really is no easy answer, short of mass adoption and appealing to those who already have a budget to pay for the orphan via Fiat...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 04:39:03 PM

Jaap mentioned the pools legacy faucet is a little hard to understand, but I want to point out, the 'cpid faucet' is also the difference between receiving 100-900 bbp in contrast to receiving 1 bbp (from the plain vanilla faucets).  So I think the incoming podc researcher will 'get it' if we add more docs for it.  

I will work on porting the faucet to web.biblepay.org - adding to my todo list now.  

I just meant it in light of the guide that I reviewed for Togo. So I don't think it's too hard to understand in general, just that in the context of the guide for newcomers it needs more clarification in the guide itself Smiley So indeed, if Togo's guide had more explanation concerning the faucet, I don't see any problem with it Smiley

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 04:39:44 PM

Is anyone else getting inconsistent leaderboard display?

The PoDC 2.0 WCG participants sometimes show up and sometimes not.

Just shows CAMEROON-ONE and HEALING campaign only sometimes...

Then after a few blocks, the PoDC 2.0 participants come back in.

I think I know what is happening (as I got to reproduce it once).  Fortunately it appears this is minor (and not a problem with PODC 2.0) .  Please try rebooting and tell me if it is fixed?

I believe we make a call every 50 blocks or so and may possibly reset a vector; but I will check that in more detail after you confirm a reboot fixes it.
Note that it does auto recover 4 hours later; but it is a nuisance for the display.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 04:39:51 PM

ORBIS

ako funguje to sponzorstvo deti?  da sa to aj dodatocne spustit?

@sunk  any idea how working sponsoring of children? thx

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 04:43:39 PM

Code:

I tried to vote using the GUI. I can't remember the command to pull all the Proposal ID's, and I don't know if I can copy them from the GUI proposal tab  Lips sealed So I can't try it from the rpc for now. How can I find a list of all the current Proposal ID's that I can copy/paste so I can try it from the rpc? There used to be an overview of all the proposals on pool.biblepay.org right?

Ok yes cause I would like to try to reproduce with one that actually throws the gov exception error, so one way, is to type:
gobject list all proposals

Could you try voting on the woocommerce one?  98e09d657fb771f1559ab046af76d295ebde16f563d35ff9bc95ff738ae725f7

gobject vote-many objid funding yes

And let me know if successful and also, then try voting on the one you tried earlier and paste the vote string so I can reproduce?

Note that we have not passed the mandatory height yet, but thats another topic (partially related though).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 04:46:02 PM

added to wcg party again,

BEST WAY FOR BIBLEPAY

thanks ROB.....

Its a good start!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: