Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:17:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are miners abandoning BTC?  (Read 1239 times)
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:19:28 PM

The number of unconfirmed transactions on the BTC network is increasing rapidly. It is now 115,000 and rising - I have never seen it that high. Are miners switching to BCC/H due to the huge price increase of the last 48hrs and the cancellation of Segwit2X ?

When you say "miners" you need to consider that Bitmain probably has half or more of the global hash rate. BCH is their baby, and they are spamming the BTC network to magnify the effect of the "flippening" to BCH. You also have to consider that BCH has very low difficulty compared to BTC. So with this pump in price, it is extremely profitable to mine.

We can expect that rational miners will, to an extent, mine a more profitable chain. This won't last forever. The difficulty will adjust upwards and after the upcoming hard fork in a couple days, there won't be any emergency algorithm to drop it back down so quickly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:24:24 PM

They are moving towards where the money is going into right now.
And that is into bitcoin cash.
Look at the tweets tat Gavin Andresen just put out today cause he helped satoshi nakomoto create bitcoin and now is saying bitcoin cash will replace it.
So all the miners are following on his every word regarding this announcement by him.

Deny it or not that is what the man who helped developed bitcoin just said.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:32:00 PM

A small correction for bitcoin does mean that the miners are abandoning bitcoin and switching to other currencies especially bitcoin cash,we had a good rally for months and it is time for a good correction as the price climbed too fast than generally expected,i am not aware of what is really happening in the back ground with the miners who supported the 2x fork ,i am sure they are not that stupid to completely avoid bitcoin.
Vaflia

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:43:49 PM

I think the miners would support BTC because its mining will still be profitable mining BCH. Just now BCH is inflated and the market is in chaos. You just need to wait a bit and everything will fall into place.

ugr_erkn92

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:46:26 PM

How so? Will the miners leave Bitcoin for a new adventure and switch to some coin that is imitation of Bitcoin? I do not think so. Because of the excessively rising Bitcoin price, investors will takes their earnings and will come back after the correction in Bitcoin has taken place. Bitcoin is still King.
Anarc Senior

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:08:12 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 10:44:46 PM by Anarc Senior

The genious of Satoshi is at work again...assuming that all the greedy powerful mining conglomerates leave BTC, then the levels of hashing difficulty will come way down - hence people with a decent home computers may have a shot at mining again.  Wouldn't that ease off the bitcoin traffic jammed and release the demand for bigger side blockchain ? do I miss something here ?
Yes you're missing a lot. For mining to be possible with ordinary computers again, the difficulty needs to drop a trillion fold. Mining difficulty rises fast but drops very very slowly. If ASIC miners all jumped ship now and only PCs were left mining, it would take over a hundred years for it to correct back to PC levels.

Ok thank you -but  let me try to rephrase my question once again.  If the large conglomerates mining groups are abanding bitcoin blockchain , and the level of difficulty would come down (may takes sometime but eventually it will).  Then wouldn't that make it easier for the private people to at least get a shot at using some decent machines (forget about personal PCs) - we're talking about less expensive mining machines to mine again ?  And Wouldn't that reduce the pressure to increasing the blockchain size ??  This is a philosophical question that need to be answered with the technical reality of the Bitcoin Blockchain technology...

I'm asking that in the long run, perhaps it's a good thing for the large conglomerates miners to abandon bitcoin ?...you know "decentralize"...

Big corporations and the government are running the healthcare system and the education system in the US and look at the mess we are in...I for once attracted to the blockchain technology because of the nature of the decentralization idea.  Otherwise, we are all heading back to the business as usual...
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:21:23 PM

The number of unconfirmed transactions on the BTC network is increasing rapidly. It is now 115,000 and rising - I have never seen it that high. Are miners switching to BCC/H due to the huge price increase of the last 48hrs and the cancellation of Segwit2X ?
I am sure that they are abandoning it and am not saying this to create fear and panic among the people here. If you look at the current amount that they are charging for each transaction you will see that they are all heading towards bitcoin cash.
sebastianpenguen

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:24:22 PM

Yes, miners are abandoning bitcoin because everyday it is harder to mine bitcoin. Now you can mine only with sophisticated and expensive hardware and even with this kind of equipments the time required to mine increases everytime a new bitcoin is mined. Bitcoin mining is profitable only if you can invest huge amounts of money in buying the latest technology and you have to take in consideration the time that you spend until you get back your money and you earn profit.
Also new coins like BCH or BitcoinGold attract miners because they can use new technology to mine those coins and the price is rapidly increasing.

Totally false.
BCH is also sha256 so you can mine it with the same equipment.
Do a research and tell me how much you will earn mining BCH with a gpu, two or three cents per month?

And if they do? The next difficulty adjustment will kick in and the slight delay in blocks caused by less miners than the last difficulty will be gone.
Also most of the tx in the mempool are spam as always generated by the bch team.
Let them burn money.

All of the bitcointalk community and users should read this guy! One couldn't have said better than you, dude.

We all know that they spam the network with trashy transactions just to make it busy. This is very well known game. They did it before too. They will never be successful.
Anarc Senior

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:33:20 PM

Yes, miners are abandoning bitcoin because everyday it is harder to mine bitcoin. Now you can mine only with sophisticated and expensive hardware and even with this kind of equipments the time required to mine increases everytime a new bitcoin is mined. Bitcoin mining is profitable only if you can invest huge amounts of money in buying the latest technology and you have to take in consideration the time that you spend until you get back your money and you earn profit.
Also new coins like BCH or BitcoinGold attract miners because they can use new technology to mine those coins and the price is rapidly increasing.

Totally false.
Do a research and tell me how much you will earn mining BCH with a gpu, two or three cents per month?

And if they do? The next difficulty adjustment will kick in and the slight delay in blocks caused by less miners than the last difficulty will be gone.
Also most of the tx in the mempool are spam as always generated by the bch team.
Let them burn money.

All of the bitcointalk community and users should read this guy! One couldn't have said better than you, dude.

We all know that they spam the network with trashy transactions just to make it busy. This is very well known game. They did it before too. They will never be successful.

I agree !! Although I'm a late comer and still trying to learn blockchain, but i understand enough that I do not believe in a second that blockchain need to be larger.  That more powerful mining matchines are the only direction to move forward.  Greedy and power hungry ass...es are trying to take over bitcoin...- guess who has the power to control and influence the bitcoin blockchain traffic now ?! Yep, You guessed it !!
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 09:37:01 AM

Totally false.

Let them burn money.

I agree !! Although I'm a late comer and still trying to learn blockchain, but i understand enough that I do not believe in a second that blockchain need to be larger.  That more powerful mining matchines are the only direction to move forward.  Greedy and power hungry ass...es are trying to take over bitcoin...- guess who has the power to control and influence the bitcoin blockchain traffic now ?! Yep, You guessed it !!

I am sure eventually they will make updates that will improve everything for bitcoin.  It will take some time to get to a point where everything is good . The only problem is even when you are good   you have to keep updating. Look at the USA  it is always updating dollar bills to stay ahead.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: