Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:34:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 126K unconfirmed transactions right now...  (Read 1060 times)
frankbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:28:36 PM

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

126K unconfirmed transactions and climbing.   Huh Huh

What happens if it goes to 200k?  500k? what if the miners dip out and no transactions can even be confirmed?  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:32:54 PM

What happens if it goes to 200k?  500k? what if the miners dip out and no transactions can even be confirmed?  Undecided

I think this is the kind of scenario that everyone here should be resolving. Like create projects on how to address this. Not creating so much free eth tokens or altcoins that has no reason to exist at all. If some entity can dedicate on how solve at least 50% of this, that would be nice.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:38:27 PM

The number of unconfirmed transactions is huge. And it's rising. I'm waiting for some of my transactions to be confirmed over 24 hours. Could it be this some kind of miners pressure because the fork was cancelled and now they are trying to change this? Maybe I'm paranoic but it seems to me this is not accidental. Like someone wants to prove their point.

malaj
Serellyn

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:39:31 PM

The network will soon start to reject some of the older transactions and the transactions with the higher fees will get confirmed, the situation will fix itself soon. When there are thousands of backlogged transactions, the average transaction fee goes up which gives miners an incentive to keep mining, I'm certain that the miners will continue to mine. If they stop for some reason, i guess that the network will reject the transactions and the coins would be returned to the wallet that they're being sent from.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:40:07 PM

The network will soon start to reject some of the older transactions and the transactions with the higher fees will get confirmed, the situation will fix itself soon. When there are thousands of backlogged transactions, the average transaction fee goes up which gives miners an incentive to keep mining, I'm certain that the miners will continue to mine. If they stop for some reason, i guess that the network will reject the transactions and the coins would be returned to the wallet that they're being sent from.

ohh, thank you.  I didn't know that, thanks for shedding some light on it  Smiley
Serellyn

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:43:03 PM

The number of unconfirmed transactions is huge. And it's rising. I'm waiting for some of my transactions to be confirmed over 24 hours. Could it be this some kind of miners pressure because the fork was cancelled and now they are trying to change this? Maybe I'm paranoic but it seems to me this is not accidental. Like someone wants to prove their point.

There have been past instances of people sending out transactions between addresses owned by themselves to put pressure on the network in the past but this is quite expensive so I don't think that is what is taking place right now. The total fees that they would have to pay to send all those transactions would be astronomical.

ohh, thank you.  I didn't know that, thanks for shedding some light on it  Smiley

no problem
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:50:28 PM

Roger Ver and his crew are spamming the network as it was predicted by anyone smart. There is an ongoing attack on bitcoin right now, with strong propaganda coming from the Roger Ver big blocker camp which consists on media propaganda while spamming the bitcoin network. Their goal is to trick the market into assuming that the market wanted bigger blocks, to make them think rejecting segwit2x was a mistake, so they will have more support next time. Of course outside the ongoing manipulation, there's no real support for big blocks. They will run out of money, and once this happens, BCash will dump and BTC will continue growing as usual. Get out of BCash while you can.
TRexMcStubyArms

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:57:18 PM

I feel like I should be helping BTC somehow....I wish this algorithm could still be mined with GPUs  Embarrassed

Pretty shitty move on Roger's part
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:59:00 PM

WOW, I'm surprised, that's a huge amount,
the hardfork issue keeps the holders of Bitcoin selling their coins,
which causes a lot of unconfirmed transactions and the slowly falling Bitcoin price ...

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:08:13 PM

I will not be making an transaction for the time being why because blockchain.info are now charging a whopping $7 for a regular transaction fee which is way too much in my opinion. What makes the transaction fees even rises so high in the first place.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:09:10 PM

which causes a lot of unconfirmed transactions and the slowly falling Bitcoin price ...

Hard fork issue? There isn't an issue at all. People bought the market up just for the purpose of having more S2X coins after the chain split, but there is no split at all, so these people are unloading their coins again. It's greed, and that's really it. Unconfirmed transactions right now have to do with a higher overall usage, and a mild spam attack. If miners don't mine empty blocks, which is something that Antpool does on a regular basis, and stop spamming the network in an attempt to make Bitcoin look bad, and of course to boost their fee income, mempools by far wouldn't be as stacked as they are now.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:11:52 PM

Roger Ver and his crew are spamming the network as it was predicted by anyone smart. There is an ongoing attack on bitcoin right now, with strong propaganda coming from the Roger Ver big blocker camp which consists on media propaganda while spamming the bitcoin network. Their goal is to trick the market into assuming that the market wanted bigger blocks, to make them think rejecting segwit2x was a mistake, so they will have more support next time. Of course outside the ongoing manipulation, there's no real support for big blocks. They will run out of money, and once this happens, BCash will dump and BTC will continue growing as usual. Get out of BCash while you can.

excellent point.  I was already thinking this was a calculated attack.
Platonicus

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:17:25 PM

P.s Don`t let your self get tricked by this f.ng  BCH pump trick. I know emotions are boiling now in many, I get many calls from my friends asking like "wtf  I should do, should I sell my btc, what will happen to BCH and so on".  IT`s all a big pump.

REMEMBER one golden rule - from big steepy cliff there is only one way down. and it will be painful...

Go outside, take some cigarete, beer, relax, go to sleep and in next 48 hours all will be fine and BTC will continue groth.

and again - Long live the king BTC! Smiley
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:19:30 PM

Exactly this, what's going on right now is clear market manipulation by men who became extremely rich thanks to bitcoin (what a way to thank bitcoin). Ver is a straight up criminal but we saw this coming from a mile away. It seems like we're not quite there yet after all. Ver realizes he will never be able to control bitcoin so he's trying to get people to switch over to his sh*tcoin. Attacking bitcoin is a suicide mission and I hope it will destroy any kind of reputation this guy has left. This will be one of the last major tests for bitcoin to overcome before we can start striving towards mass adoption.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:19:53 PM

This is because large block fans didn't get to take control of Bitcoin after all. Soon they'll calm down and things will get back to normal but not until they've annoyed as many people as possible. I give it till after the weekend.

Then it'll be the same again in a few weeks or days until they die of old age or a bubble of negativity bursts in their brains.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1343

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:20:31 PM

Don't you remember what was happening before the BCH fork. The network was being spammed by transactions and newbies were running around spreading fear that BTC can't handle it and you'll need to switch to BCH Cheesy After the fork when the price was low and there was no interest the BTC network became much faster. A coincidence? I don't think so.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Hanako

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:24:51 PM

I think it is just a set up? Or just a trick of BitcoinCash? Well i don't think so but we still support the no.1 crypto currency Bitcoin to help and reduce the unconfirmed transactions. I knew it happens many times so we doesn't need to worry
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:27:11 PM

P.s Don`t let your self get tricked by this f.ng  BCH pump trick. I know emotions are boiling now in many, I get many calls from my friends asking like "wtf  I should do, should I sell my btc, what will happen to BCH and so on".  IT`s all a big pump.

REMEMBER one golden rule - from big steepy cliff there is only one way down. and it will be painful...

Go outside, take some cigarete, beer, relax, go to sleep and in next 48 hours all will be fine and BTC will continue groth.

and again - Long live the king BTC! Smiley

sounds like a solid plan to me.  have a pint and wait for this all to blow over  Cool
JohnHero

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:28:40 PM

126k unconfirmed transactions in Bitcoin? Or are you talking about overall in the crypto market? I bet the new commers in the crypto market did most of those.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:38:01 PM

It does seem like a bit of a coincidence that the blocks are running full just when Bitcoin Cash is making a move up. I don't think spamming the network just to prove a point is sustainable. We will know the true story in a few days.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: