Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:18:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCH Hard Fork  (Read 2773 times)
bildad (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:04:03 AM

Wow what a volatile month for Crypto currencies. With the impending Hard Fork of BCH to address EDA issues between the mining of BTC and BCH at the moment we are seeing BCH spike big time. The issue put very simply is that the miners are jumping between chains in order to get the highest profitability, because BCH blocks are much easier to solve miners will jump over to BCH solve a heap of blocks collect reward then go back to mining BTC this creates fluctuating Hash rates in both chains. With the small block size of BTC 1Mb compared to BCH 8Mb BTC is taking a bit of a hit at the moment due to delays in the block chain mempool. The Hard Fork by BCH is intended to make the block solving more difficult so that it won't be as profitable to keep jumping from one chain to the other and stabilise hash rates to grow investor confidence.
But because of the massive increase in interest in Crypto market people are throwing money around everywhere trying to get rich quick.
I think BTC is the Store of value for all Cryptos so this is what I predict will happen. Please don't trust me on this because this all speculation and I would like to hear what others that have done research think.
I think BCH holders will after the Hard Fork or just before dump to either buy BTC as it's price has lowered, or buy into The Larger Alts like Etherium then when BTC comes down further (to what level is anybodys guess) then they will dump the Alts to buy BTC.
The Market players appear to like Forks as it opens up unknowns and causes the market to move drastically.
I think we will see a big spike in Etherium and or a major shift of market into Etherium for the long haul as mining Etherium is way more decentralised than mining BTC Due to the difference of mining machines.
In my opinion Etherium is a better platform than BTC as it learned from BTC and has already made it's corrections.
Discuss.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:18:26 AM

I don't reallu think that any other cryptocurrency can stay near BTC.
So in my opinion Bitcoin is better thana any altcoin.
Skatter

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:13:04 AM

https://pastebin.com/n0aGBMQr

Data Dash found this for us to share.
It goes into details of this event
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: