Bitcoin Forum
December 15, 2017, 06:26:31 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, just briefly introducing myself, taking delivery of an S9 & L3end of Nov  (Read 274 times)
Dr Octagon

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:20:28 PM

Hello,

Long time reader first time poster. I finally took the decision that crypto was a lifestyle choice for me rather than a fad and to be honest I can't wait!

I can see me pouring plenty into this hobby and I really want to thank everyone for making such a fantastic resource for those just entering the market. I live in Ireland, I'm in a curious position where my electriec during daylight hours is 100% free.

I have a unit in an old 19th century textile mill. It's out in the sticks but its a nice place. The cotton mill was one of the largest in Ireland (thus the UK) and a fella about the same age as me is renovating it pretty much as he goes. My neighbours include; a digital sign writer, a mechanic, a food wholesaler (sounds big but isn't really) a party planner, actually I think there is two mechanics and maybe a couple of other small businesses

When not mining I play about with some of the insane wifi repeaters that have just come onto the market from China - In fact if you want to pick up really good bargains its 11/11 sales and there are some steals - But in a straight line these have aa 3km range. $38 2 weather proofed repeaters.

The whole roll out of 5G has motivated me to become Cisco trained. Before I was in Solar (it's had to justify in the North of Ireland!) However my landlord got sold a £75,000 pup - because the surrounding land has 3 3 phase boxes he was talked into erecing this giant 800 panel array. Of course the power company took oneloo at it and said no way - you'll take out all the transformers in a 6 mile radius some perfect day in Jume. There is however a giant water wheel - a 200 year olf water wheel!

I won't go on. But please free to ask me anything.

I have a mjor problem at the moment and I'm willing to pay someone how ever much is appropriate to try and help me with it.

I - same as always - bought some BTC from local bitcoins and transfered them to Bittrex where I was picking up BCC and 'was mean't to, thinking of this depresses me' have transfered that and secured another L3+ however the bitcoins have gone completely missing - 0.13989696 sent from my local bitcoin wallet to my Bittrex walle, which is - 17dLkZW6PMUNzVeoeW8vevB2bZAqZKzCqK no mistakes, I photograhed both sides of the transaction. What really worries me is this was around 4 hours ago and there hasn't even been a frist confirmation.

Really disappointed in Bittrex. Made me complain in 3 different formats and provided the same stock brush off for each. Apparently they are under exceptional pressure - so am I that was my 3rd machine, that just about justified my hobby!

I know there are minds on here well beyond my own, If anyone could reunite me with my £720 I would recipricate. Looking to make friends not enemies - I hope I havn't made any enemies by posting this here? :-/ it was 100% miner orientated though.

If anyone would like to say hello that would be great. I would really consider paying someone to talk me through setting the optimising the set up of my 2 ASIC's end of Nov via Skpe. If they get a clean bill of health, from what I have read so far, I would like to over clock them.

Also I'm sure there are better mining pools than nice hash out there, and I'm quite keen on ming Verge! There could be a $100+ dollars for someone willing to share their, no doubt, hand won knowledge. Maybe it's cheating.... Maybe it's entirely sensible! If someone with some gravitas in the community offered obviously I would try to strecth the consultancy fee and work around the teachers hours.

Ok, that's a little bit about me, I hope to meet like minded hobbiests who appreciate the technical side and the finiancials an intrest in 5G could lead to some good chats - I have a slam dunk ICO (2 actually!)

Thanks,

If anuone can help locate that transactionand give some idea what went wrong - swift $20. All the best. Nathan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Dr Octagon

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:34:34 PM

Ohh Sweet! Just after I finished that found a 0.14 BTC deposit in Bittrex with one confirmation!

Hopefully still have the Dec L3+'s

Is there a consensus on S9's v the L3+ ?

Toy be honest my main moitivation i that the S9's ship around Chinese new year and it's mustard to get anything moved round that time. Also this looks like a new months release, which should mean a few ubfufilled orders in a few weekss when I can afford another,

But in terms of wish is best to mine, I'd really like to hear some points of view. Do any other top 100 coins use the SHA 256 algorythm? It just seems that a few of my favourite alt's are scrypt. Also (and I think I'm beginning to take the piss, please don't feel obligated to fast track a newb when thee is no end of material) But I was wondering if you could run 2 L3+'s of 1 APC+++ supplies?
Holla123

Activity: 112

THEKEY - Unlock the future

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:05:27 PM

well Bittrex is crazy place right now to deposit BTC or BCC I think. I also had those kind of delays at Bittrex even from trades inside the platform. Not sure how it is possible but maybe some things trigger a manual review and the you have a waiting period. Overall the experience with Bittrex is good. Where in Ireland do you get free electricity?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.