Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:40:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 134k unconfirmed transactions now. I'm starting to get really worried about this  (Read 5953 times)
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:48:42 PM

People panicking isn't going to help the issue when they try taking their bitcoin out and putting it into something else. If I was mining bitcoin I probably would switch to bitcoin cash if it was more profitable.

I do agree, panic won't do a think or help speed up transaction, though voicing out something together with other user can at least get attention.  I think one of those 134k transaction were mine.  I send my BTC and took me more than 12 hours to confirm, I need to push it via accelerator and hoping to hasten the confirmation, even with the accelerator I still need to wait for another 3 hours for the first confirmation.  I think this is another spam from the opposing developer and if you can look at the scenario, these unconfirmed transaction pushes the price of BCH up.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:49:31 PM

Along with Bitcoin spam transactions they're also trying to make emergency adjustments to BCH mining difficulty while they pump BCH price. They also have "BCH much wow" sockpuppets roaming the web talking up to coincide with pump movements.

It's not something that's sustainable, they can only do it in burst and each burst gets more pathetic as the cryptocommunity wises up and tells them to fuck off.

Transactions will clear when they've burnt through too much money and give up, there's also only so long collaborators like Shapeshift can justify putting a hold on Bitcoin transactions.

Take note of what all of these people are doing now, remember who betrayed and tried to manipulate you when the dust settles.

I assume that you are saying that they are spamming Bitcoin?  Can you provide proof?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:52:51 PM

I assume that you are saying that they are spamming Bitcoin?  Can you provide proof?

Try sending a Bitcoin?

When BCH happened on August 1st the time leading up to that was yet another period when fees went through the roof. As soon as big blockers got what they wanted the mempool was empty and almost free transactions went through.

Now big blockers want to force Bitcoin users onto their chain and kill Bitcoin. What's the easiest way of doing that? Pump it and spam it again.
Cutekittens21

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:01:04 PM

yawn
people only screaming about the price

temporary price drama.
if people are checking the price several times a day, they are literally asking to give themselves mental anxiety issues.

the cure. dont invest more than you fear losing and dont check the price daily

^

the only way to invest in crypto. stfu and hodl.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:03:25 PM

yawn

Some people actually want to use it for stuff. That's why it becomes a serious problem when it's too expensive to transact. BCH will never have this problem because no one uses it for anything.
burnedbyfees

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:19:51 PM

yawn

Some people actually want to use it for stuff. That's why it becomes a serious problem when it's too expensive to transact. BCH will never have this problem because no one uses it for anything.

Grin

When you look at BCH communities they honestly have no endgame. They are against a coin being a store of value and just rant about "superior tech".

The fact is that there are far superior coins out there to both currencies.

The only thing going for Bitcoin is that it's an accepted store of value, it was the coin that started it all and a reserve currency, the only thing going for BCH is that it's a fork of something valuable with a similar name. Neither coin are remarkable compared to newer coins they are both inferior.

If they destroy BTC, (which make no mistake, this is what they're aiming for, check their Reddit) it won't be their coin that claims the throne, at least not for more than a week.

They would destroy their own coin, they would destroy the concept of a "digital gold" store of value, and they would probably kill the whole market if that safety net is gone. Everything will look like tulipmania, twats like Jamie Dimon and Peter Schiff would be proven right and these plotters would go right back to being insignificant nerds, rather than nerds who got lucky.

freeElectron

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:43:22 PM

yawn

Grin

When you look at BCH communities they honestly have no endgame. They are against a coin being a store of value and just rant about "superior tech".

The only thing going for Bitcoin is that it's an accepted store of value, it was the coin that started it all and a reserve currency, the only thing going for BCH is that it's a fork of something valuable with a similar name. Neither coin are remarkable compared to newer coins they are both inferior.

If they destroy BTC, (which make no mistake, this is what they're aiming for, check their Reddit) it won't be their coin that claims the throne, at least not for more than a week.

They would destroy their own coin, they would destroy the concept of a "digital gold" store of value, and they would probably kill the whole market if that safety net is gone. Everything will look like tulipmania, twats like Jamie Dimon and Peter Schiff would be proven right and these plotters would go right back to being insignificant nerds, rather than nerds who got lucky.

The whole purpose of Segwit1x(BTC) is to stall the development, increase the transaction fees, and force people into centralized banks on the blockchain (lightningNetwork), which will do transactions off the blockchain.
If you like the decentralized bitcoin project, you should stop all support for the hijacked coin.
durilup

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:46:40 PM

It seems like bitcoin is outdated with these unconfirmed transactions . yesterday were like 200.000 transactions unconfirmed .
We need a good update for this and a smaller fee for transactions

burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:52:13 PM

yawn

Grin

The whole purpose of Segwit1x(BTC) is to stall the development, increase the transaction fees, and force people into centralized banks on the blockchain (lightningNetwork), which will do transactions off the blockchain.
If you like the decentralized bitcoin project, you should stop all support for the hijacked coin.

The only hijacking is going on from Ver and cronies with their manipulation. Bitcoin Cash will  never be accepted as Bitcoin, not by our community or by outsiders looking in. The only thing they would do if they could pull a flip off (which they can't because it's less popular than cancer) is trash the concept of a store of value.

I could name a dozen coins, even coins derided as shitcoins that are "better tech" right now than both coins. There's only one Bitcoin and you ain't it.

freeElectron

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:58:26 PM

yawn

Grin

The only hijacking is going on from Ver and cronies with their manipulation. Bitcoin Cash will  never be accepted as Bitcoin, not by our community or by outsiders looking in. The only thing they would do if they could pull a flip off (which they can't because it's less popular than cancer) is trash the concept of a store of value.

I could name a dozen coins, even coins derided as shitcoins that are "better tech" right now than both coins. There's only one Bitcoin and you ain't it.

So you don't care that the BTC will become off limits to the users, and will only be for banks (centralized off chain hubs)?
You do realize this is where it is heading with segwit and lightning network?

Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:04:40 PM

They do this on purpose, intentionally. They try to show the vulnerability of bitcoin to make BCC strong.

People won't get fooled because of jihan wu's manipulative actions. Once again, we won't get fooled into your BCC garbage.

The community will maintain strong even in the bad days and bitcoin will born from its ashed like a phoenix!

"People like to throw things on things that shine"
Bitcoin have been reigning the crypto world for the last 8 years and no one ever comes close to it. There are back and forth feedbacks, opinions and criticism that is being put into its name. Some early new is that famous people are calling it speculative and some physics thingy is making a scratch into its name. The dangerous part is that wrong information nowadays can still a very large dent on the hearts and mind of everyone, especially when things are getting rough, we all know that we have been in this part and we will be on this again in the future and this will continue.
I don't know if the traffic is intentional but I have some unconfirmed transactions too last week and I used CPFP just to make my BTC processed smoothly.
This community has a weakness because they are just riding on the tides of rally, if someone crumble then everyone will, thanks to those people who are remaining strong despite all of this and I'm hoping Sat wont withdraw his BTC on bulk because these will cause a distortion on the price.
Too early to say who will prevail in this era.

1969Dave

Activity: 116

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:06:08 PM

I would not worry that much, its seems that 'they' are deliberately trying to destabilize this market ....

burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:16:20 PM

yawn

Grin

So you don't care that the BTC will become off limits to the users, and will only be for banks (centralized off chain hubs)?

Again I disagree with your leading question, but the point I've made which you people don't seem to grasp or respond to is that you ain't Bitcoin, only Bitcoin is Bitcoin. And how centralized is it to have megalomaniac Roger Ver decide he wants BCH to be Bitcoin, even though no-one will accept it?

I can give you 1 Xios right now for 1 BCH, it's a fair trade as Xios is faster and less centralized, you can even run a masternode if you have 1000, such awesome.  Roll Eyes

We can call it Bitcoin Xios, get a few very rich people on board and we can fill our pockets. We'll be rich.  Roll Eyes

freeElectron

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:22:55 PM

yawn

Grin

Again I disagree with your leading question, but the point I've made which you people don't seem to grasp or respond to is that you ain't Bitcoin, only Bitcoin is Bitcoin. And how centralized is it to have megalomaniac Roger Ver decide he wants BCH to be Bitcoin, even though no-one will accept it?

I can give you 1 Xios right now for 1 BCH, it's a fair trade as Xios is faster and less centralized, you can even run a masternode if you have 1000, such awesome.  Roll Eyes

We can call it Bitcoin Xios, get a few very rich people on board and we can fill our pockets. We'll be rich.  Roll Eyes

This is madness. With lightning network you can kiss the blockchain goodby.
It won't be for you anymore. You will do transactions via banks that settle on the blockchain. Your account can then be controlled, regulated and censored.
It is 100% goodby to decentralization and freedom. You can be shut down at any moment.
BCH is nothing of it. The blockchain is still there for us to use.

ricknamer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:23:09 PM

I don't know.  Volatility and price swings don't bother me.

Unconfirmed transactions/not being able to react to something fast enough does.

We got down to about 100k unconfirmed this morning from about 181,000 - but we are back over 120,000.  And that with 94% of the hash being pointed at BTC still.

Only 4 blocks in the last hour and 5 minutes.
burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:36:16 PM

We got down to about 100k unconfirmed this morning from about 181,000 - but we are back over 120,000.  And that with 94% of the hash being pointed at BTC still.

Hello Roger new account holder, you've joined at an opportune time to spread fud and make it seem like BCH has a following.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure we can look forward to your presence for many years to come and not just during this BCH pump and coordinated attack on Bitcoin.

In the event you're actually a real person rather than one of these sockpuppets, look into the reasons why the transactions are unconfirmed.

Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 08:47:00 PM

I'm not too worried about this incident, it's just like a little fear in my opinion
now see, Bitcoin prices have started to strengthen again ...

ricknamer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:04:44 PM

Hello Roger new account holder, you've joined at an opportune time to spread fud and make it seem like BCH has a following.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure we can look forward to your presence for many years to come and not just during this BCH pump and coordinated attack on Bitcoin.

In the event you're actually a real person rather than one of these sockpuppets, look into the reasons why the transactions are unconfirmed.

With all due respect - I've owned and supported bitcoin for over 2 years now.  Not as long as many many people here - but long enough that I'm not a total newb. I don't want to get into the antics of whose account is older (mine by 25 days) or who cares more.  But I don't own a single BCH - and I don't have time to list the ways I've supported the small scale mining community.

I'm simply pointing out, as I have in the past, that bitcoin is not decentralized in it's current state.  With a few major players holding all the hashpower the rest of us - and new comers too - are at their mercy at times. Every damn GekkoScience stick, every used antminer s3 we can find should be hooked up and mining in a pro-bitcoin pool.

True - hashpower does not dictate price.  I mentioned I'm not bothered by price volatility.  But it can totally cripple transaction volume.  That is scary

Let's drop the "mining isn't profitable - you're better off investing in bitcoin with fiat and hodling" mantra whenever anyone asks about mining. Of course that is true - but we need the diversified mining in order for bitcoin to remain decentralized!  We need people willing to spend $2000 that they may not see back for 2 years to keep the block chain running without interference.  Not one or two people either.  We need thousands of them.

Not everything we do needs to be for MAXIMIZED profit.  Sometimes we need to make a little less (running a mining rig instead of hodling) for the greater good of the entire community.

Just like the runs on the Greek banks.  Or the 2 hour wait lines in India to get $20 out of an ATM.  It is possible to slow this down (in it's current state) to a point where commerce can't exist.

Will that be fixed one day?  I bet it will.  But don't berate me because I simply mentioned I was concerned by not being able to move my BTC when I wanted to.

Shout out to SlushPool and CKPool for this past weekend.
burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:29:41 PM

Okay fine you're not a sockpuppet account but you've still not really look into the reasons why...

It's not an entirely organic problem, it's a coordinated attack.

ninche

Activity: 610
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:31:42 PM

there are 124k unconfirmed transactions now. do not worry  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: