Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:27:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash a threat for Bitcoin?  (Read 786 times)
Gaaara (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:33:24 PM

Is Bitcoin Cash really a threat for Bitcoin? I always thought that Bitcoin Cash can never go over the current value because it was only a coin created by miners, but it seemed that Bitcoin Cash getting some attention while others deny Bitcoin.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frankbitcoin

Activity: 1260
Merit: 292

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:53:09 PM

I have no idea and I'm honestly confused and lost.  There's so much debate about this, one side says one thing, the other side says the other thing.   Huh Huh
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:59:30 PM

Is Bitcoin Cash really a threat for Bitcoin? I always thought that Bitcoin Cash can never go over the current value because it was only a coin created by miners, but it seemed that Bitcoin Cash getting some attention while others deny Bitcoin.

Don't worry about bcash being a threat to bitcoin, over the year many altcoins claim that it will be bigger than bitcoin, none ever achive such a thing and it is very unlikely one would ever could.

If you still haven't cashed out your free coins, this is your opportunity.

micloop

Activity: 448
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 12:08:03 AM

Bitcoin will always be the hill king. Every day comes out a new coin intending to be number one, but until this moment no one got bring it down (and I doubt that anyone will get one day).
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:15:52 AM

I don't think an altcoin which is the result of Bitcoin fork can be a threat for bitcoin. Miners just created Bigcoin Cash to make more profit and now they are making it. Soon everything will become normal and cause more people believe in bitcoin.
John Wick

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:17:31 AM

It's a threat, but I don't think it can compete with bitcoin. Bitcoin's features and history is there. One can go over it and investigate. It couldn't become "bitcoin" in 1 day. So thinking a 3 month old coin will threat bitcoin is a low idea.
annango

Activity: 361
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:32:34 AM

Bitcoin Cash pumped so strong that you think it is a threat for bitcoin but i think bitcoin cash can't be a threat for bitcoin
But i want to ask everyone know what reasons did Bitcoin Cash pump strong?
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:25:58 AM

Bitcoin Cash pumped so strong that you think it is a threat for bitcoin but i think bitcoin cash can't be a threat for bitcoin
But i want to ask everyone know what reasons did Bitcoin Cash pump strong?

BTC has hit the limits of its ability and the core developers are unwilling to make the drastic changes needed to survive. Adapt or die.

B2X has turned into a mess and is a rudderless ship. It was supposed to be the savior of Bitcoin and turned into the 'last nail in the coffin.'

BCH decided to fork away from BTC and adapt. They addressed scaling problems successfully. They have low fees, high speed, and can handle an incredible amount of transactions that will allow it to truly become a useful currency for day-to-day stuff like buying a coffee as well as a secure store of value.

GaxviiBuss

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:44:30 AM

I think Bitcoin Cash is a real threat for Bitcoin. They have fast transtraction confirm because miner have more profit with mining Bitcoin Cash. Soon bitcoin will have more traffic.
Mazt rhiezt

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:59:54 AM

BCH began to show its existence at the time BTC reached the deadline and this is very good for the development of the world of crypto.
but I think BCH will only have half the value of BTC, because when BTC is threatened there will be many ways to overcome it.

██
▐█▄             ▄█▀
███    ▄██▄    ▄█▀ ██                          ██
███   ▄████   ▄█▀ ▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄
███  ▄█▀███  ▄█▀ ██▌ ▄██▀▄▀██▌ █▀  ▄█▀       ▄██▌ ▄██▀ ▀▄
███ ▄█▀▐███ ██▀ ██▌ ▐███▀ ▄█▀    ▄█▀        ▄██▌ ▄██   ▄▀
▐██▄█▀  █████▀ ▐██  ███  ▐██   ▄█▀          ██▀  ██▌  ▄▀
 ▀██▀   ▀██▀    ▀█  ▀█   ▀█  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀  ██ ▀█    ▀███▀

Every BTCit of Fun
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀████████▀▄
██▄▀██████▀▄██
▐███▌▐████▌▐███▌
██▀▄██████▄▀██
▀▄████████▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄█████████████████
        ███████████████████
       ██████████████████▀
      █████▀▀
     ████▀
    ████▀
   ████▀
  ████▀
 ████▀
████▀
████████░████████
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
███████▄░▄███████
███████████████

▀███████▀
▀▀▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
   BET NOW   
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
sic57005

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:08:36 AM

No. Even ETH is real threat for Bitcoin, because it is far technically better.

BCH is just BTC with inflated block, which solves almost zero problems. The cheap and fast transaction is only caused by nobody uses it.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:00:45 AM

BCH is just BTC with inflated block, which solves almost zero problems. The cheap and fast transaction is only caused by nobody uses it.
How come they're the same mate? aren't you forgetting something? Asicboost is still active on Bch, however for some time no one used Bch but now

They are changing directions, just because too many unconfirmed, which are kind of an attack on Bitcoin, this is their way of showing people that Bch

Has low fees and fast confirms.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:04:44 AM

With the current situation, it's not yet a threat for bitcoin. Bitcoin Cash has a long way to go before it even attain half of the popularity of bitcoin.

But if BCH will provide more advantages than bitcoin, maybe in the future it might compete with bitcoin. But the popularity and usage alone, BCH is not yet there.
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:10:10 AM

I don't think bitcoin cash is a threat to bitcoin. Bitcoin has achieved so many things already. There is a huge acceptance for bitcoin around the world and bitcoin cash can only be surpassing bitcoin in trading aspect but for acceptance around the world, BCH will face struggle first before gaining acceptance in the world.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:33:13 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 10:53:37 AM by Rajamuda

After passing Ethereum, I'm guessing there's a possibility that BitcoinCash can still keep moving up, trying to have closer on bitcoin price, but its price will not exceed to bitcoin price I guess. Will it be a threat to bitcoin or not, I don't know and can't be ensure yet about that. But however Bitcoin was remains more popularly and more desirable (more famous) to many people than BitcoinCash. And I personally still believe that Bitcoin will never been shifted by BitcoinCash until whenever it be.
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:44:54 AM

Why ppl always lose faith in bitcoin when it's just doing normal action CORRECTION , for open market correction can become aggressive.
No one can suspend the market when it gets too aggressive , it's the first time in human history we can see something priced with supply and demand only ..enjoy the ride

2016 GPU Miner
jules-jules

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:26:58 AM

BTC and as an extention, BCH are the original cryptocurrency. As such, they will likely stay on as a collectors item with sentimental value to early adopters. in terms of tech and utility, they will be replaced, sooner that later.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:34:38 PM

When last did you transfer fund using Bcash, it is just another Altcoin with hype, so many projects have had their time like this and will not be different with Bcash. I'm not saying Bitcoin won't be dethroned but not by Bcash
oturanbilboa

Activity: 454
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 02:41:47 PM

It's not a threat, it was pump tool for some whales. I'm glad this pump is over already.
Any altcoin that has cash in its name is not a threat for Bitcoin. Bitcoin is against all cash in the world. Smiley

freeElectron

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:42:38 PM

ETH technically better? It's behind and struggling to keep up. Great changes on the horizon for ETH, with the switch from PoW to PoS.
Very great possibilities for new bugs, hacks and failures. Its not what you would  call "technically better".

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: