Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:51:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legit exchanges now ?  (Read 407 times)
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:22:50 AM

I'd just like to say that Yobit officially sucks.

First they upped the withdrawal fee to something crazy like 0.001BTC, and now it seems the minimum amount to execute a trade is 0.1BTC.  I tried putting in an order for some shitcoins I got for free, and it wouldn't let me because it was too small.  How the hell are you supposed to get rid of those things?  I will admit I am not heartbroken about this, as it's only like $2 worth of shitcoins, but what kind of exchange keeps changing important parameters like that, and without notice even?  They're crap and I'm done with them.

Kraken also has a withdrawal fee for BTC withdrawals of 0.001 BTC. This is really high if you take into account that other exchanges
like Bitstamp still cover all withdrawal fees for their clients.

By raising the withdrawal fees to levels like this they essentially make it uneconomically for clients to withdraw small
amounts of a few mBTC. Let´s say that you withdraw 10 mBTC. By doing this at Kraken or Yobit you are essentially
taking a 10 % haircut just by withdrawing on top of the trading fees for executing your buy order.

I wonder if they doing it because they are happy with their current volume. Removing this fee would probably give them 10-15% increase in volume but also lower their profits since those additional trade volume won't generate as much revenue as withdrawal fees. I wonder if they have calculated the actual numbers or just did it blindely.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: