Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:18:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Speed Learning  (Read 219 times)
mancroofer (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:30:56 PM

Hi All

I invested a very small amount (£100) into Bitcoin about month ago after hearing a conversation about it on a building site. I read up a little and decided to make my initial deposit and continued to watch videos and read as much as I could.

That eventually brought me to this forum which Ive been reading in the little spare time I have which prompted me to take some of the extra money now in my wallet and experiment a little trading some Alt Coins.

Then came the ups and downs of this weekend, which with the help of this forum has been like an accelerated learning course.

Together with staying out of the mainstream press and reading insightful and knowledgeable posts here I have managed to turn that money on the exchange into a decent profit.

I now have healthy wallet (over £1000 bitcoin) and also have some funds saved up in Monero, Dash, Ethereum and Litecoin.

Id like to thank everybody in here, without finding this forum I'm 100% sure I would have panicked during the weekend and ended up staring at an empty wallet today.

Its been an eventful weekend that's for sure.

Thank you again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:36:32 PM

Welcome! Cheers bro.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:43:08 PM

That eventually brought me to this forum which Ive been reading in the little spare time I have which prompted me to take some of the extra money now in my wallet and experiment a little trading some Alt Coins.

Then came the ups and downs of this weekend, which with the help of this forum has been like an accelerated learning course.

That is a path to success. read and learn. What is most important is to store your coins securely.  $1000 is not something huge, but as I see your approach I can predict it will grow fast. Sooner or latter you should buy yourself a Hardware wallet.
mancroofer (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:09:22 PM

That is a path to success. read and learn. What is most important is to store your coins securely.  $1000 is not something huge, but as I see your approach I can predict it will grow fast. Sooner or latter you should buy yourself a Hardware wallet.

I know its not a life changing amount but its enough to encourage me to delve a bit deeper and learn more about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency overall.
The way I see it is a small gain is much better than a huge loss.

Thanks for the advice on a hardwallet, I will look into this. I know that wallet security is the most important part of crypto and I keep my funds in a desktop wallet and have a paperwallet in a locked safe place and have some alt available to further test the trading exchanges.

EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:53:02 PM

That is a good story mate, i really like to see those kind of succesfull stories on this forum because it makes me think about those people who started from the beggining and now they are almost at the middle of the path.
It is a good thing, i started with $200 when i just learned about crypto, and then i bought a few more thousands of dollars worth of bitcoin in order to buy my first five bitcoins.
I still hold them, and this is why i take care about my bitcoins, i am not looking to sell them, because i still believe on this entire system.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀