Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:36:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The word of the day Collusion  (Read 298 times)
alumar (OP)

Activity: 208
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:02:01 AM

Word of the night is #collusion ...interesting attack vector being done against bitcoin... Now only if the move was genuine ... question is when the lights get turned on, who's gonna be clean?

Carter - Host of BitsBeTrippin
Original Cryptomining Channel on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/bitsbetrippin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrenchBTC

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:15:39 AM

Hi,

Yep I do think the same...
Volumes for BCC will not remain so high very long...and such a huge in 24hours...
Interesting next few days

Hello ! Would like to learn more about BTC...
ricknamer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:19:05 AM

We need more diversified mining.  I wish it was practical to mine for even a slight profit - then you'd see a lot more diversification and it would be much more difficult for events like this to happen.

Thanks sidehack and GekkoScience for our little 2pac sticks.  Doing what we can!
WhiteOutMashups

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:23:06 AM

This is a very good point. Centralized mining and inaccessibility is the biggest weakness of bitcoin and blockchain currencies.

That's why I'm almost all in on MaidSafe Smiley
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:25:59 AM

Some people trying to spam transactions on blockchain, over 157,000 unconfirmed transactions and total fees over BTC1400.
https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
You have to pay 760 sats per byte for cheapest and faster to be confirmed, it's ridiculous expensive.
They just want to tell people; segwit isn't enough, we need 2x hardfork, we need bigger blocksize to afford so many transactions per second.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16498

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:39:35 AM

Some people trying to spam transactions on blockchain, over 157,000 unconfirmed transactions and total fees over BTC1400.
If someone spends $10 million on fees, can you really call that spam? Obviously they earn more from pumping and dumping Bitcoin Cash, but in the end, Bitcoin should just be able to process it.

They just want to tell people; segwit isn't enough, we need 2x hardfork, we need bigger blocksize to afford so many transactions per second.
"They"? That sounds like you disagree, if so, what makes you think a small blocksize works? I literally can't make a transaction now, unless I pay a rediculous fee. Bitcoin has been pushed to or over it's limits for a very long time now, the 2x hardfork would have given some temporary breathing space, until long-term scaling solutions are available.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:53:30 PM

If someone spends $10 million on fees, can you really call that spam? Obviously they earn more from pumping and dumping Bitcoin Cash, but in the end, Bitcoin should just be able to process it.
Someone? I prefer to describe it as them or they, not just a person. However, what would you called it if it's not spam? a business? a project of manipulation?
If I'm a miner and have a big mining farm, not satisfied with current nodes and segwit, I may do the same thing. Keep sending many transactions to my own addresses. Reduce my expenses by mining and works with some people to do it, in this case; maybe Bitpico team.

"They"? That sounds like you disagree, if so, what makes you think a small blocksize works? I literally can't make a transaction now, unless I pay a rediculous fee. Bitcoin has been pushed to or over it's limits for a very long time now, the 2x hardfork would have given some temporary breathing space, until long-term scaling solutions are available.

Yes, I think it is not someone, so I said "They"
Disagree about what?
I'm not saying small blocksize works for current situation, we know that.
Yes, we can't transact bitcoin right now due to ridiculous fee.
That's why people trade (pump and dump) BCH which has bigger blocksize to indicate we need bigger block, and we need 2x hardfork.
uslfd

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:23:37 PM

Who exactly is behind BCH?
It's getting more and more suspicious

Rumour has it some governments are involved?
Is that true?

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Jus12

Activity: 21
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:29:00 PM

Attack may not be over yet. This is a red flag. Miners may be colluding again to bring BTC hash rate up to make it harder for next difficulty adjustment. (Tinfoil Hat on)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: